Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Litton on Elway, Manning & Tebow : Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Then how come other teams with young QBs aren't going after manning..like Carolina, Cincy, Jags, Titans, Rams....etc.....

There is more to it than...it's peyton manning...
    Elway never drafted Tebow.
    Elway is sick of Tebow Mania (generated by the media, not Tebow's fault)

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
      I am all for Manning , that being said:

The Broncos were 7-24 before Tebow started and then 8-5 ...hhhmm mediocre? maybe ....but they LED the league in rushing and turned around a team that was the worst in the NFL to a divison champion that won a playoff game against the #1 defense in the league.

You can call Tebow a mediocre passer but the team did well enough as a whole to go 8-5 a complete turn around from 7-24

read this before responding :

The Broncos were the worst team in the 31 games before Tebow was named starter of the Broncos , 7-24 , worst in the NFL in that span, this can not be argued and is fact.

Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a GREAT playoff win and the 2nd farthest into the post season the Broncos have gone since Elway. this can not be argued and is fact.

The Denver defense and the kicking game had as much to do with it and maybe even more than the QB change. this can not be argued and is fact.

Without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 into the playoffs and get a great playoff win from the abysmal 7-24 run , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were neccessary to get that accomplished (Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the same offense) . this can not be argued and is fact.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game and if not as much quite a bit (he was one of the 3 pieces) . this can not be argued and is fact.This is what I have always said.
      How many times have you posted this exact same message? 20?
      sigpic

Comment

If Tebow had looked like an NFL starting QB and had actually played very well, and looked the future QB of the Broncos they wouldn't be going after manning. I think that's pretty simple.
        And if it weren't Peyton Manning, (or Brady, or another "elite" SB-winning QB) who was an FA, they wouldn't be going after him, either.

Now if, say, Tony Romo came available, and they went after him, you'd have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Sorry but at the end of the day the Broncos were at best mediocre on offense, and by pursuing Manning Elway is telling the Broncos fans that mediocre isn't good enough!
          I think pursuing the local McDonald's manager to be our OC would send the same message. Mediocre is actually quite impressive when you have Mike "I want to set more records than Bob Slowick" McCoy as a coordinator. Aaron Rodgers might be out of the league by now if he was groomed by this man.

Comment

How many times have you posted this exact same message? 20?
            Gotta do it unfortunately, every time I say "tebow did good at times" I am labeled a homer, tebow lover that hates the Broncos and says tebow is the only reason for the turn around.

Glad you read it though! Maybe I'll just make it a sig going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
              And if it weren't Peyton Manning, (or Brady, or another "elite" SB-winning QB) who was an FA, they wouldn't be going after him, either.

Now if, say, Tony Romo came available, and they went after him, you'd have a point.
              But the point is...If manning is so great and such a hot FA item why aren't the panthers going after him? Why aren't the Vikings? Why aren't the bengals? Why not the titans?
              sigpic

Comment

But the point is...If manning is so great and such a hot FA item why aren't the panthers going after him? Why aren't the Vikings? Why aren't the bengals? Why not the titans?
                All those teams are happy with their draft picks.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  All those teams are happy with their draft picks.
                  That's exactly my point. They are happy with their players while the Broncos are not. It isn't because Peyton is so great, it's because our QB is so bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's exactly my point. They are happy with their players while the Broncos are not. It isn't because Peyton is so great, it's because our QB is so bad.
                    Yep, I figured it was.

I shoulda let the other guy answer.

womp womp
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Yep, I figured it was.

I shoulda let the other guy answer.

womp womp
                      hehehehehe
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe because they think they've got other areas to address. I guarantee if any of those teams thought "If we get Peyton, we've got everything we need to make a run," they'd do it.

Do you think Manning wouldn't be an upgrade over Christian Ponder? You said we were going for Manning because Tebow hadn't developed. I'm saying if that were the reason, they wouldn't have said he was the starter going into TC.

How many teams, including any you've named, wouldn't be better at the QB with Manning than with whoever they have?

It was just a stroke of fortune that Manning came available, otherwise, Tebow's the starter going into TC.

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
                          Maybe because they think they've got other areas to address. I guarantee if any of those teams thought "If we get Peyton, we've got everything we need to make a run," they'd do it.

Do you think Manning wouldn't be an upgrade over Christian Ponder? You said we were going for Manning because Tebow hadn't developed. I'm saying if that were the reason, they wouldn't have said he was the starter going into TC.

How many teams, including any you've named, wouldn't be better at the QB with Manning than with whoever they have?

It was just a stroke of fortune that Manning came available, otherwise, Tebow's the starter going into TC.
                          All of the teams I named are better without Manning. They all have good young QB who need time to develop and improve, Peyton is a short term solution at best but stops the development of the young guys.

Elway said Tebow was the starter because he was all they had.

Don't the Broncos have other areas of need as well?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                            He was injured standing in the pocket.
                            Very good point!

Comment

Something else that is being glossed over is the FO's comments on Tebow. At the beginning of last year Elway called Tebow a great player but not yet a great QB. And never have I heard anyone on these boards say for certain that Tebow WILL be great, although plenty say he has the chance (even Jimmy Clausen still has that chance). There have been some that say for some reason that he WILL fail for sure. But the one person who has categorically stated Tebow will be a great QB is.....

You guessed it, John Fox.

I think the assumption that the FO hates Tebow as a player is speculation and exaggeration by fans who feel that way about him. If anything the head coach is more of a believer based on his statements than anyone on this board.

Comment

All of the teams I named are better without Manning. They all have good young QB who need time to develop and improve, Peyton is a short term solution at best but stops the development of the young guys.

Elway said Tebow was the starter because he was all they had.

Don't the Broncos have other areas of need as well?
                                Every team has multiple areas of need. The Broncos weren't actively seeking a starter to replace Tebow until Manning became an FA.

Ergo, "It's Peyton Manning."

Comment

Working...
                                X