Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klis: Bunkley only UFA Denver trying to re-sign before Tuesday

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Klis: Bunkley only UFA Denver trying to re-sign before Tuesday

    BTW, the Broncos have 17 other FAs, not including tagged K Prater. DT Brodrick Bunkley only one Broncos trying to tie up before Tuesday.

    http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...before-tuesday

    Hopefully they can get a deal done..

  • #2
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    BTW, the Broncos have 17 other FAs, not including tagged K Prater. DT Brodrick Bunkley only one Broncos trying to tie up before Tuesday.

    http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...before-tuesday

    Hopefully they can get a deal done..
    He is the most important one, maybe they should consider Woodyard since DJ will be gone awhile or for good
    sigpic
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

    Comment


    • #3
      Want Royal too but this is good news

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MHS View Post
        He is the most important one, maybe they should consider Woodyard since DJ will be gone awhile or for good
        Ya I'd sign Wood too

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd really like Woodyard and Royal back also. The D.J. suspension and potential signing of Manning being the reasons.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not too concerned about Royal (although I'd like to keep him for PR/KR duties, this team has refused to use him there full-time, so maybe not) - would definitely like to get Woodyard back. Hopefully we lock down Bunkley, he's a really important part of our team right now and does his job very very well (if unspectacularly). Glad we might be able to keep him off the open market, but I hope we don't dramatically overpay just because he's the only good thing to happen to us at DT for a long time.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

            Comment


            • #7
              I will miss Eddie. I hope we can still sign him later, but maybe it is time for him to move on. He was always one of my favorites though. I am glad to hear we are trying to lock up Bunk. I hope the deal gets done!

              Comment


              • #8
                Woodyard and Royal need to be back but maybe they are going to test the waters first before we make an offer?
                sigpic

                2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                Comment


                • #9
                  RB Royal. I loled.
                  RIP Darrent Williams.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bunkley is an important piece..btw..I could see Eddie going to the skins
                    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think a lot will depend on what happens with Manning. If we sign Manning, we will have our choice of any FA wide receiver out there. Plus his salary will dictate how much we can spend on draft picks and FA.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We'll get Bunkley re-signed. Then I have a feeling we're going to try and get Paul Soliai to come here and have a d-line sort of like what the Ravens had in 2000.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          We'll get Bunkley re-signed. Then I have a feeling we're going to try and get Paul Soliai to come here and have a d-line sort of like what the Ravens had in 2000.
                          Having big-bodies up front does not equate to run-stopping success. Remember our heavy defensive line in 2010? Yeah....that worked out.

                          Keep Bunkley at a reasonable price, and draft a gap-shooting, penetrating defensive tackle that can disrupt passing plays and running plays in the backfield (his name is Fletcher Cox).

                          Pairing Bunkley with Soliai would be insanely stupid.


                          sigpic


                          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                          :cool:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            Having big-bodies up front does not equate to run-stopping success. Remember our heavy defensive line in 2010? Yeah....that worked out.

                            Keep Bunkley at a reasonable price, and draft a gap-shooting, penetrating defensive tackle that can disrupt passing plays and running plays in the backfield (his name is Fletcher Cox).

                            Pairing Bunkley with Soliai would be insanely stupid.
                            I'm not sure how familiar you are with the 2000 Ravens defense but it was one of the best defenses of all time if not the best. JDR our new defensive coordinator was their LBs coach at the time. They ran a 4-3 and had Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa at DT. Both of them were big bodies. With Dumervil and Miller coming off the edge, we don't neccessarily need a DT that can penetrate and get to the QB. All we need is a DT that can collapse the pocket by pushing the o-lineman into the QB's face and force him to move laterally rather than stepping up.

                            People fall in love with an individual's numbers too much. Yeah a penetrating DT would be great to have, but it's not a necessity. Penetrating DTs can hurt a defense just as much as they can help a defense if they don't keep their gap responsibility. Jonathan Babineaux in Atlanta is a great example of this. He's a terrific penetrator at DT, top 3 in the NFL imo, but he loses his gap responsibility quite a bit so his numbers take a hit and as a result the QB can step up and launch one so the whole defense takes a hit.

                            And you're also assuming that I don't want Fletcher Cox. I do want to take Fletcher Cox in the 1st round if he's still there. Although if Kirkpatrick or Claiborne somehow fall I'd take them over him. I do agree this team needs a penetrator at DT, but for passing situations this year until that rookie learns gap responsibility.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I'm not sure how familiar you are with the 2000 Ravens defense but it was one of the best defenses of all time if not the best. JDR our new defensive coordinator was their LBs coach at the time. They ran a 4-3 and had Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa at DT. Both of them were big bodies. With Dumervil and Miller coming off the edge, we don't neccessarily need a DT that can penetrate and get to the QB. All we need is a DT that can collapse the pocket by pushing the o-lineman into the QB's face and force him to move laterally rather than stepping up.

                              People fall in love with an individual's numbers too much. Yeah a penetrating DT would be great to have, but it's not a necessity. Penetrating DTs can hurt a defense just as much as they can help a defense if they don't keep their gap responsibility. Jonathan Babineaux in Atlanta is a great example of this. He's a terrific penetrator at DT, top 3 in the NFL imo, but he loses his gap responsibility quite a bit so his numbers take a hit and as a result the QB can step up and launch one so the whole defense takes a hit.

                              And you're also assuming that I don't want Fletcher Cox. I do want to take Fletcher Cox in the 1st round if he's still there. Although if Kirkpatrick or Claiborne somehow fall I'd take them over him. I do agree this team needs a penetrator at DT, but for passing situations this year until that rookie learns gap responsibility.
                              I agree with the bolded part, but neither Soliai or Broderick Bunkley are that kind of player. They take up blockers but don't push the pocket at all.

                              Pocket-collapsers can be in the mold of a penetrating defensive tackle. I think Fletcher Cox or Jason Jones would fill that role nicely here for our team.


                              sigpic


                              FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                              :cool:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X