No announcement yet.

In landing Manning, Elway all-in on biggest gamble of his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a little over one year of being the Broncos VP, John Elway both singed the highest profile free agent in NFL history, and unloaded the worst draft decision in this franchise's history. He swapped a career NFL backup for a first ballot Hall of Famer, and he did it with uncanny veteranism.

Welcome Peyton. Good riddance Tebow. All hail Elway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
      Lets wait until the Manning deal pans out before we crown him. If Manning turns out to be a shadow of his former self and Tebow goes on to beat Sanchez out as the starting QB and has a stellar year, its gonna get ugly real quick around here, and the second guessing will be epic.
      Better yet, lets wait until the Tebow deal pans out. I have nothing but great confidence in Manning. I can't really say that about a 2nd string Qb.

Comment

• Two years in a row we have improved our team. We still have some holes and need depth in allot of areas but if you think the Broncos were the 2nd worst team in football when he took over that gives you an idea of how good a job he and the rest of the front office have done.

I agree he should not win any awards until the team puts results on the field but he is definately a front runner at this point imo.

And look at my sig...that has been there since John took the job. I have been a Bronco fan since before we traded for Elway and any fan that has been around that long will always trust in Elway.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Lets wait till we win a superbowl! Anything less from Manning and company at that salary is a bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lm32188 View Post
            Lets wait till we win a superbowl! Anything less from Manning and company at that salary is a bust!
            When did we all start caring about Pat Bowlens Money. We got Manning and didnt have to give up draft picks!!!!!! Whats more genius is he traded Tebow and a 7th for a 4th and a 6th. In essnce we Got Maninning a 4th and a 6th for Tebow and a 7th. Ohhh i think Elway did a fine job!!!!!
            My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lm32188 View Post
              Lets wait till we win a superbowl! Anything less from Manning and company at that salary is a bust!
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------
              LOL, a salary lower then his Colt's salary with built in protection re: his neck with physicals the 2 nd and 3rd year befor he gets anything. So, 18 mil guarantee for one of the best ever. Not bad.
              SmilingJack

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                In a little over one year of being the Broncos VP, John Elway both singed the highest profile free agent in NFL history, and unloaded the worst draft decision in this franchise's history. He swapped a career NFL backup for a first ballot Hall of Famer, and he did it with uncanny veteranism.

Welcome Peyton. Good riddance Tebow. All hail Elway.

My thoughts exactly.. :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                  I was wondering earlier today if it's possible to be inducted into the HOF for separate contributions to the NFL, and if so, Elway is making a strong push to eventually having that happen. He's setting the bar pretty high for NFL execs for sure. If we can get a SB victory or 2 in the coming seasons, this will go down in history as one of the greatest success stories, second only in Denver Bronco history to Elways playing career.

Yes, it's possible to go in as a coach, a player, an owner, and a fan - if not other categories as well.

I believe John Madden is in as a coach as well as a journalist for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
                    When did we all start caring about Pat Bowlens Money. We got Manning and didnt have to give up draft picks!!!!!! Whats more genius is he traded Tebow and a 7th for a 4th and a 6th. In essnce we Got Maninning a 4th and a 6th for Tebow and a 7th. Ohhh i think Elway did a fine job!!!!!
                    Or in essence we gave a first round pick (#25) for a 4th and a 6th. Or in essence we gave a second (No. 43), third (No. 70) and fourth (No. 114) (picks used to trade up for #25) for a 4th and a 6th. Really since Manning was a free agent, its a bit of a stretch to calculate that in with the Tebow deal, but I guess if it helps you sleep better so be it.

Personally I just sit back and say "are we better now than before Elway?". I think that would be an understatement. Before Elway, I would turn games off with the crap Orton was doing. There was no excitement. Now I cant wait for the season to start and its freakin April!

Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
                    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
                    Kyle: Yeah.
                    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
                    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
                    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
                    Cartman: Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordOfChaos View Post
                      Or in essence we gave a first round pick (#25) for a 4th and a 6th. Or in essence we gave a second (No. 43), third (No. 70) and fourth (No. 114) (picks used to trade up for #25) for a 4th and a 6th. Really since Manning was a free agent, its a bit of a stretch to calculate that in with the Tebow deal, but I guess if it helps you sleep better so be it.

Personally I just sit back and say "are we better now than before Elway?". I think that would be an understatement. Before Elway, I would turn games off with the crap Orton was doing. There was no excitement. Now I cant wait for the season to start and its freakin April!

Another addition to a long list of stupid moves by Josh Mcdaniels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        Yes, it's possible to go in as a coach, a player, an owner, and a fan - if not other categories as well.

I believe John Madden is in as a coach as well as a journalist for example.
                        I checked. John Madden is not in for his Journalistic contributions, though he should be.

Not yet anyway.

He's only in as a coach.

I do seem to recall there being people inducted to multiple categories though. I just can't seem to find any proof or evidence of it. I'm not sure if they "get voted in twice" or whether they simply expand their original induction blurbs to include their new accomplishments.

I do know that fans can get in. I know that players can get in. I know that coaches can get in. I know that owners can get in. I know that journalists can get in.

I don't see what's stopping someone from having two very strong careers that both merit Hall of Fame entry. I think Madden is a great example of that.

Comment

• Time will tell, I hope he can draft a future QB, just in case Peyton can't play up to the level we expect. If he does pan out Elway is a genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordOfChaos View Post

agree 100%

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                            Time will tell, I hope he can draft a future QB, just in case Peyton can't play up to the level we expect. If he does pan out Elway is a genius!
                            We probably draft one this year, where depends on who is available. We will know better in 2013 how badly we need one but right now I just say if one falls to us then take him but I am ok waitin til 2013 is need.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                            X