Manning Signing is Good News for Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    I dont think many people are disputing that the chargers WR corps has some talent. I think many of us disagree with the level of talent you perceive your team to have. Granted we have orange lenses and you have powder blues.

I do agree with your sentiment stated earlier that its going to be harder for us to find a franchise QB once the manning era ends because we will never tank on mannings watch. We will be drafting in the 20s (hopefully 30s) for the next 3-4 years.

I do however stand by my sentiment that floyd is nothing special. He is not a top tier receiver in the AFC west, let alone the NFL. I do think however your passing game will be better by default. You have 4 #2/#3 receivers and no true #1 for a team to fixate on. IMO that is harder to defend.
    that is fair and i never said floyd was a legit #1, he isn't. just saying that he can make the same type of plays down the field that Jackson did and that floyd is a pretty good receiver when healthy.
    sigpic

Comment

• Objectively, Floyd can pull one corner and one safety away from the play as well as any receiver. That's all he really needs to do to let Gates and Royal work underneath. The chargers are yes better with VJax, but not having him doesn't blow the offense up.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i think i mentioned several times that he isn't as good or as consistent as Jackson but he can make all the catches Jackson can make.

you don't consider Floyd catching multiple 50+ yard TD's catches "play making"? or how about a game with over 200 yards receiving?

because that's what he did in 2010 without Jackson.

he absolutely can make plays, huge plays, just like Jackson did.

that was my point all along. but yeah, he gets injured too much and isn't as consistent as Jackson.

he will be a threat when healthy but can he stay healthy? that's really the big question.
        I wouldnt be suprised at to see Royal start over Floyd and make a bigger impact on offense for the chargers.

Floyd had many games with 2 catches total. Thats weak. Hes a one dimentional player and is a pretty aweful route runner. 50 yrds a game is a joke. Playmaker?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7MileHIGH7 View Post
          I wouldnt be suprised at to see Royal start over Floyd and make a bigger impact on offense for the chargers.

Floyd had many games with 2 catches total. Thats weak. Hes a one dimentional player and is a pretty aweful route runner. 50 yrds a game is a joke. Playmaker?
          I think your determined to start something, lets see how all plays out during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7MileHIGH7 View Post

Jackson had some games with only two catches as well, is he not a play maker either?

the chargers offense is an offense that takes what the defense gives them. sometimes its gates, sometimes it was Jackson, other times it was the backs getting a lot of touches.

i think you are trying too hard to talk smack here and are ignoring the argument i am trying to make.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              Objectively, Floyd can pull one corner and one safety away from the play as well as any receiver. That's all he really needs to do to let Gates and Royal work underneath. The chargers are yes better with VJax, but not having him doesn't blow the offense up.
              yeah, i don't see how any knowledgeable person could even attempt to argue that it makes our offense "average" just because we lost Jackson and tolbert.

i mean, its a proven fact that SD's offense can and has been very potent without Jackson and tolbert.

i can see the argument that if we don't get decent pass protection, that can effect our offense.

but our receivers will be alright, especially if gates is healthy and durable this year.

i am far more worried about our defense.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X