Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nap Lajewie View Post
    No, that's your role to play, not mine.

You're the one who wants to bring in a has-been to replace a guy that rejuvenated a dead franchise.

Just like I told Tebow haters that they have no idea how good or bad he'll be in the future, you have no idea how well Manning will play once he comes back.

Calling him a has-been is premature and speculative.
    sigpic
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23 View Post
      Wow, what a bunch of speculative you know what.
      Is it any more speculative than the super bowl celebrations being planned? Is it more speculative than assuming that Manning will come in and fix/mask any and all problems the Broncos have with their roster and coaching? You may disagree with my assessment, but here's a newsflash for you: Everything about how Peyton will play for the Broncos is a bunch of speculative you know what. I just look at the history of other teams that have tried similar moves, and I'm not optimistic.

And by the way, feel free to point out which parts of my "speculative you know what" are crazy and unreasonable, instead of mindlessly dismissing it all because "Peytonz greatzors and broncoz winz it all now that he's here!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nap Lajewie View Post
        Far better than any other QB on the Broncos' roster? Really? What was Peyton Manning doing last season while Tim Tebow was dropping bombs all over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs? Sitting at home? Having some therapy done for his neck?

Exactly.
        Are you serious? Players get hurt in football, cut the guy some slack. Manning is a better QB than most QBs that have played in the NFL, EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by x1Ler View Post
          What happens to the fan base when the Broncos are 4-12 at the end of the season WITH Manning?
          And with what facts are you thinking this might happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
            Is it any more speculative than the super bowl celebrations being planned? Is it more speculative than assuming that Manning will come in and fix/mask any and all problems the Broncos have with their roster and coaching? You may disagree with my assessment, but here's a newsflash for you: Everything about how Peyton will play for the Broncos is a bunch of speculative you know what. I just look at the history of other teams that have tried similar moves, and I'm not optimistic.

And by the way, feel free to point out which parts of my "speculative you know what" are crazy and unreasonable, instead of mindlessly dismissing it all because "Peytonz greatzors and broncoz winz it all now that he's here!!"
            All I can say is look at Manning's abilities, his on field decision making and his W-L record. Yes, he has struggled in the playoffs and he did win one SB. Do you honestly think Elway and Co. would gamble this kind of $ and their team if they had any doubts Manning can get back to his fomer self? If we're talking speculation here I would bet on Manning rather than against him...he is one of the best best to play the game.

Comment

I can't wait until 18 steps on the field and shuts the haters up. A fourth of the way into the season it will be evident that the choice was a good one and that the gap between Manning and Tebow is astronomical.

Comment

Originally posted by PeytonIsDaMan View Post
                I can't wait until 18 steps on the field and shuts the haters up. A fourth of the way into the season it will be evident that the choice was a good one and that the gap between Manning and Tebow is astronomical.
                I cannot even believe there are people that have a problem with starting Manning over Tebow. That should't even be a debate on who to start, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jester06 View Post
                  I cannot even believe there are people that have a problem with starting Manning over Tebow. That should't even be a debate on who to start, it's ridiculous.
                  Tell me about it. It's like they started watching football last year and have never seen Peyton Manning play.

Comment

Working...
                  X