The Only Question About Manning I Have IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Only Question About Manning I Have IS

Are we getting a hungry, reinvigorated Manning whose driven and dedicated to match his younger brother, prove the colts wrong, and ultimately show the world how much of a difference maker he truly is by cementing himself as the GOAT while supplanting his Boss, Elway in the process?

Or are we getting a content, aging veteran whose eyes are set on the horizon where golf, expensive wine tasting, and family livin will greet him soon after he collects his last, monumental paycheck?

While I'm ecstatic that Manning chose the Broncos, given the other available teams, I'm left with with one worried question...

Why would a hungry Peyton choose the team with arguably the worst chances at a reaching a superbowl anytime soon than any of the other potential suitors including the superbowl ready 49ers?

Maybe he believes hes just THAT good. So good that be handed the keys to a top 3 team just isn't exciting or worth his legacy enough.

My fear though is that the hungry Manning wouldn't have chosen the Broncos, and that the content Manning would choose the Broncos because its the most comfortable, pressure-free option.

So the question again remains, which Manning did we get?

Only time will tell i guess.

If we get the hungry Manning, I believe we can win it all this year.

If we get a content Manning.....who knows....this team had a lot of luck swing there way last year and as a result, its difficult to gauge how good we will be this year.

The only thing we do know for sure is that the legacies of Elway and Manning have now become somewhat, intertwined.

Boy I can't wait for this season

sitting down>laying down

Comment

The first

He wouldn't come back to the game after his injury if it wasn't for his drive

He's made enough money for the second not to be an issue
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Peyton Manning could work for Fox Sports or run for president and win if he wanted to. But I believe he wants a few more Super Bowl rings.

Comment

Imagine the money Peyton already has. He is coming off neck surgeries. He is leaving behind all he ever knew and could have just retired and been a one club man. However he didn't. He is a 4 time MVP. He is already a shoe in for the hall of fame. He has a ring. He is established as one of the greatest of all time. There is nothing else he can earn. He has done it all. However he wants to be better. He wants another ring. I think he has the desire. He has the passion. I am fricken excited

Comment

Maybe Manning sees Denver as an AFC team in an easy to win division and sees the AFC postseason as easier to get thru than rhe NFC podtseason. Most direct path to the SB.
            "That's a crap question."
            - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
              Maybe Manning sees Denver as an AFC team in an easy to win division and sees the AFC postseason as easier to get thru than rhe NFC podtseason. Most direct path to the SB.
              If Peyton wanted easy he could have gone to the 49ers.

Comment

That would certainly work in the regular season. Then he'd get into the playoffs and have to face teams like the Packers, Giants, Saints, Lions, Falcons, Bears, and Eagles. The NFC is by far the tougher conference now. Much harder playoff run.
                "That's a crap question."
                - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                  That would certainly work in the regular season. Then he'd get into the playoffs and have to face teams like the Packers, Giants, Saints, Lions, Falcons, Bears, and Eagles. The NFC is by far the tougher conference now. Much harder playoff run.
                  Good point. But I still do not think Peyton was looking for "easy."

Comment

Peyton Manning probably is the greatest regular season QB in NFL history ever. I get it, he has got a ring long time ago. However what is his playoff record in the last five years?
                    2 wins and 4 losses. (33.3%) Exactly one more win than Tim.

Manning had his time. IMHO he is washed up old dude with a broken neck. No matter how hard he tries, I don't think it's going to last long.

Comment

Originally posted by _bronco_ View Post
                      Peyton Manning probably is the greatest regular season QB in NFL history ever. I get it, he has got a ring long time ago. However what is his playoff record in the last five years?
                      2 wins and 4 losses. (33.3%) Exactly one more win than Tim.

Manning had his time. IMHO he is washed up old dude with a broken neck. No matter how hard he tries, I don't think it's going to last long.
                      Manning:

Yards: 4500

TD: 33

Int: 16

%: 68.8

QB Rate: 99.9

Yards: 4700

TD: 33

Int: 17

%: 66.3

QB Rate: 91.9

Rests and repairs/rehabs neck.

Care to explain your statement?

Oh btw his neck is not broken.
                      sitting down>laying down

Comment

If you watched the press conference i think you will see which Manning we got! The dude was already going in to workout right after the presser. I am excited to see the potential from our younger guys with this guy at the helm. I am predicting a Breakout year from DT and Decker. It is definitely going to be fun to watch!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                          If you watched the press conference i think you will see which Manning we got! The dude was already going in to workout right after the presser. I am excited to see the potential from our younger guys with this guy at the helm. I am predicting a Breakout year from DT and Decker. It is definitely going to be fun to watch!!!!
                          This was going to be my reply too.

OP did you not see the press conference?! All Peyton talked about was winning and do everything he could to make it happen. Listening to him gave me chills. I have no doubt about his dedication and hunger to win.

Comment

Guys, he's turning 36 on Saturday. He has FUSED vertabrae in his neck and he has even said it himself he's only at 85% and he hasn't touched a football in a year. I would have rather used the money to get depth and some players to make our team stronger. Elway just doubled down on a 20 and he's asking for a hit. I hope Manning does very well but we are one hit away from going 4-12 again.

Comment

it will be alot easier for peyton to ruin his legacy than it would be to build it up and he knows it. he has done just about everything possible for a QB to do except win multiple SBs and secure himself as the GOAT. peyton is a business man and no doubt sought out proper compensation for his services but i dont for a second think he was paper chasin when he signed with denver.

and incase many may wonder why he didnt choose SF? many here i see when they talk about montana say how loaded his team was and if elway had that team he would have won so many more. the niners this year made the NFC championship with an average QB. manning on the team gives him a much higher chance to win but many will right it off as he went to a stacked team and won. with denver we have raw talent across the board. it presents a challange. he wins big in denver its becuase he helped build up the talent into what it is much like he did the colts. its becuase he turned D thomas and decker maybe even Jthomas into pro bowl caliber players ect and took the 31st passing offense and turned it into a balanced elite offense.

manning is definetly hungry and looking to build on his legacy.
                              Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 03-21-2012, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X