Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In before the merge
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I don't think that this is a big loss at all. First off it is WAY to much money to play a one year wonder that only pass on running downs. 2nd...With Manning on this team the D is going to totally change. We are going to be able to take chances in the secondary and with our pass rush. Bunkley really doesn't fit that mold. But I dont think that the smart move is to take a DT in the first round. Bust rate is way to high with DT's I personally would take one later and focus on MLB or CB in the first round. Either that or take a WR is one drops to you
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Spartan, you hit it on the head with Manning....a smarter Orton. WOW I was trying to come up with some player to compare him to and thats it. If Manning wasn't smart and had hall of fame O-lines to play behind he would be out of the league

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          I don't think that this is a big loss at all. First off it is WAY to much money to play a one year wonder that only pass on running downs. 2nd...With Manning on this team the D is going to totally change. We are going to be able to take chances in the secondary and with our pass rush. Bunkley really doesn't fit that mold. But I dont think that the smart move is to take a DT in the first round. Bust rate is way to high with DT's I personally would take one later and focus on MLB or CB in the first round. Either that or take a WR is one drops to you
          Considering we only paid him 600K last year, it's a BIG difference.

He grabbed the BIG money while he could. We had him last year, and KNEW what he was worth.
          Where is this season going?

Comment

You guys realize Bunkley only played 43% of snaps last year right?

That's not a player worth $25m and $9m guaranteed. The only reason I can think of for his salary to be that high is that he'll be a player/coach this season.

Like somebody else said, just because he was the best DT on our roster didn't make him a top DT. He got more money than Brandon Mebane got last year, who's a much better overall player.

I know everyone loves to panic about the DT spot, but we were doing that last year too, and then we stole Bunkley from the Eagles for a 6th rounder. I'm not worried about it.

If Fox & Del Rio know anything, it's how to build a defense. Let those guys handle it.

And when we don't choose a DT in the 1st round, try and not panic then, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
              Spartan, you hit it on the head with Manning....a smarter Orton. WOW I was trying to come up with some player to compare him to and thats it. If Manning wasn't smart and had hall of fame O-lines to play behind he would be out of the league
              You ARE kidding, right?

Comment

Honestly, I'm glad he left.

Yes, he was good, but I wouldn't have paid him that kind of money. He played less than half the snaps this year.

Comment

Caution - merge ahead.

Comment

like 5 threads of this already lol
                    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

They should sign Abrayo Franklin and Pat Sims.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DT88 View Post
                        Adam Schefter
                        "Broderick Bunkley to Saints: 5 yrs, $25m with $9m fully grntd."

and LawFirm to Bengals

Adam Schefter
                        "RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Bengals."
                        Good for him.... they have a Solid HC and DC, that team is solid....

Oh wait...... LOLOLOLOL
                        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Huge Huge Loss

Comment

Also, keep in mind that at this stage last year, we had no DTs to speak of and Bunkley wasn't even on our radar. His was a low-hype, unexpected signing that worked out pretty well on the cheap. Who's to say that EFX can't pull off a similar under-the-radar pickup for this season to fill this gap again?

Comment

Bunkley is good but not worth that much money. He was best DT we had it's bad loss but I expect us find another DT either in draft or from a trade.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X