Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway on with Les and Jojo on 102.3 espn lots of topics

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/LesandJoJo_Replay

Elway says they did give Tim the option of Jets or Jags. Tebow chose Jets.

It makes sense, the Jets coaches wanted Tim and the jags coaches did not, their owner did. The jags also told him he would be the 3rd string QB and have to play special teams. The jags made a better offer and Tim still went to the Jets.

Take a listen....good stuff from John!

Originally posted by soloking View Post
    http://www.denverssportsstation.com/LesandJoJo_Replay

Elway says they did give Tim the option of Jets or Jags. Tebow chose Jets.

It makes sense, the Jets coaches wanted Tim and the jags coaches did not, their owner did. The jags also told him he would be the 3rd string QB and have to play special teams. The jags made a better offer and Tim still went to the Jets.

Take a listen....good stuff from John!
    WTH? What kind of back up QB plays special teams?
    sigpic

Comment

Tim said he had no choice.

I'm taking Tim's word over John's, in this case, I don't see why Tim would lie about it. Whereas it would be a decent PR move for Elway to let him choose.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

I'm taking Tim's word over John's, in this case, I don't see why Tim would lie about it. Whereas it would be a decent PR move for Elway to let him choose.
        Well of course Tim didn't get to choose, he didn't get to stay in Denver.
        sigpic

Comment

Tebow was smart he can always go back to JAX if things go bad in NY...
          This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Probably not to alienate his fanbase in Florida.
            sigpic
            DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              So they are both telling the truth. Seems logical to me.... I just don't understand why Elway feels the need to make this public info. Seems smarter to keep that in house for TT sake and anger over choosing one over the other and otherwise. Maybe he is saying it to create support for Tebow in NY ???
              Last edited by txbroncobackr75; 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM.
              This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23 View Post
                Probably not to alienate his fanbase in Florida.
                I think your right and that's the case. Plus he has a much bigger media platform in NY. I'm sure his agent and team pushed for that.

Comment

Man that's really bad if Elway's lying like that cuz I believe Tim too

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    Denver was not a choice. Tebow's choices were Jags & Jets.
                    sigpic

Comment

Tim didn't say that at all, he said in the end they ulitmatly had the power, which is true. He did say they discussed it with them at length. Why would they bother to even call him if they weren't going to weigh that into their decision. People are letting all this Tebow stuff drive em nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                        Tim didn't say that at all, he said in the end they ulitmatly had the power, which is true. He did say they discussed it with them at length. Why would they bother to even call him if they weren't going to weigh that into their decision. People are letting all this Tebow stuff drive em nuts.
                        Oh well that is different

Comment

I believe Elway. I think people think Elway is lying because it seemed like a no brainer that Tebow would pick the Jags. The fact of the matter is, it all boiled down to who wanted Tim. The Jets FO wanted Tim. The Jags FO didn't want Tim, but Khan did. So Tim went to the team that wanted him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            I believe Elway. I think people think Elway is lying because it seemed like a no brainer that Tebow would pick the Jags. The fact of the matter is, it all boiled down to who wanted Tim. The Jets FO wanted Tim. The Jags FO didn't want Tim, but Khan did. So Tim went to the team that wanted him.
                            Yep, the jags offered more money and a higher 4th round pick. So if it was a business decision then Elway would have sent him to the jags. They granted Tim with his choice.

Comment

I noticed when they were talking about the draft picks. Elway didn't say anything about the 6th we aquired from the Jets going to the Browns. Maybe they still get our 5th.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X