No announcement yet.

Elway on with Les and Jojo on 102.3 espn lots of topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think about this objectively the Jets are probably the best team for Tebow to play in all the league. He'll probably have 10+ td (rush and pass) in the season.

If you're a Tebow fan you should be happy. He has a chance to be a starter in the mecca of media and will be a part of the Jets from day one.
    sitting down>laying down

Comment

The truth is always in between - blame the agent.
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by Sitting Down View Post
        If you think about this objectively the Jets are probably the best team for Tebow to play in all the league. He'll probably have 10+ td (rush and pass) in the season.

If you're a Tebow fan you should be happy. He has a chance to be a starter in the mecca of media and will be a part of the Jets from day one.
        I am so very happy for the Broncos and for Tim Tebow. The Broncos get a guy who already is in the discussion for best ever. He looked a little better in that press conference than a qb with his experience should. Remember what John looked like when he walked off? PM does not look tired.

Tim is gonna do what Tim does, he's gonna win games. However long he can stay in the league it's gonna fun to watch. I just hope like hell we don't meet them in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by txbroncobackr75 View Post
          Maybe he is saying it to create support for Tebow in NY ???
          Yeah, creating support for Tebow is what Elway is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
            Denver was not a choice. Tebow's choices were Jags & Jets.
            I see jokes escape you
            sigpic

Comment

This is very simple:

Jets' coaches wanted Tim, Jags owner wanted Tim. He went to the team in which he can play, compete and coaches wanted him on the team not a side show freak to sell tickets.

Both Tim and Elway handled it like gentlemen.

Comment

To point out what should be obvious ...

Saying that you gave someone a choice of which outbound train to board doesn't mean that person chose which outbound train he ended up on.

And then there's the fact that one of the gentlemen involved doesn't sell used cars.
                Last edited by contract; 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Tim was just deferring -- rather than tout "it was up to me," he gave respect to the Broncos for exercising their prerogative. He never said there was no input, never said anything inconsistent with what obviously transpired -- that agent Jimmy Sexton worked all this out.

He doesn't want to dis Jacksonville or the Broncos by acting like he was running the show.

Comment

Elway's version has always struck me as the gospel truth. It's Vic Lombardi that muddied the waters -- for some reason he went on a tear last night trying to say over and over that Tebow had no choice, Tebow had no choice.

Some people seemed to get excited because they're looking to bash Elway. Some people seemed to get excited because they're looking to bash Tebow, or reduce him somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                      Tim was just deferring -- rather than tout "it was up to me," he gave respect to the Broncos for exercising their prerogative. He never said there was no input, never said anything inconsistent with what obviously transpired -- that agent Jimmy Sexton worked all this out.

He doesn't want to dis Jacksonville or the Broncos by acting like he was running the show.
                      Tebow said he didn't have ANY say.

What obviously transpired is that someone is flat out lying. You can fill in your own blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                        Elway's version has always struck me as the gospel truth. It's Vic Lombardi that muddied the waters -- for some reason he went on a tear last night trying to say over and over that Tebow had no choice, Tebow had no choice.
                        Probably because that is exactly what Tebow said.

Comment

Let me add this:

I have a buddy who doesn't like Tim at all because every year he house'd his Seminoles every year but he made a great point. To paraphrase:

Tim could of gone to Jville where he was loved and could of lived comfortably. Maybe he could of had a chance to play but would of been more of a hindrance. Instead, he chose the Jets of all places. Think about how much he really wants to play and win. He's taking a harder road because he wants to play and help a team win. The guy has stones.

I can't think of any other way to say it then he did.

Comment

Originally posted by contract View Post
                            Tebow said he didn't have ANY say.

What obviously transpired is that someone is flat out lying. You can fill in your own blanks.
                            I don't think you're correct. We don't know the question he was asked, and the full sentence was prefaced with the word "ultimately." Using the word "ultimately" is a qualifier that means it was "ultimately" up to the Broncos. It's a dead give away that in some sense other than "ultimately," he had input. And in the same sentence, he gave more information about how he meant it -- that "all the power" was in Denver's hands.

It's obvious that Elway's version happened -- but through agent Sexton. Elway never said that he conversed with Tebow for the final decision, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Houdini View Post
                              Let me add this:

I have a buddy who doesn't like Tim at all because every year he house'd his Seminoles every year but he made a great point. To paraphrase:

Tim could of gone to Jville where he was loved and could of lived comfortably. Maybe he could of had a chance to play but would of been more of a hindrance. Instead, he chose the Jets of all places. Think about how much he really wants to play and win. He's taking a harder road because he wants to play and help a team win. The guy has stones.

I can't think of any other way to say it then he did.
                              That's the way I look at it. This was Tebow not bailing himself out, or staying comfortable.

He's smart, with good instincts. The real "circus" would be the endless amount of "Tebow coming home" stories. In NY, it will be about the football. He'll be chewed up and spit out unless he wins over his coaches on the field.

Comment

It's all how you want to frame it. She asked if tebow had a choice and he said no broncos held the power. To me this could be taken that he didn't have a choice in the beginning to say he wanted to go Dallas or whatever team in NFL When it was narrowed down to 2 places his agents had input and told Tim jets was best choice and elway gave them that decision. Tebow also doesn't want to slap his Jacksonville fans in the face either so he said he didn't have an overall say but in the end he did have last input. Frame it however you want to fit your pleasure. I think they're both telling the truth.
                                Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

Working...
                                X