Elway on with Les and Jojo on 102.3 espn lots of topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkinder33 View Post
    It's all how you want to frame it. She asked if tebow had a choice and he said no broncos held the power. To me this could be taken that he didn't have a choice in the beginning to say he wanted to go Dallas or whatever team in NFL When it was narrowed down to 2 places his agents had input and told Tim jets was best choice and elway gave them that decision. Tebow also doesn't want to slap his Jacksonville fans in the face either so he said he didn't have an overall say but in the end he did have last input. Frame it however you want to fit your pleasure. I think they're both telling the truth.
    Of course they are both telling the truth. John just said it in plainer terms. Tebow , in the way he does, didn't want to offend his home town team, so he simply described the situation. "ultimatly" the Broncos had the power. Then he went positive, shocking that Tebow would be optimistic huh? People want to look for a bad guy here, but plain and simple, there isn't one. It just didn't work out, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      It's obvious that Elway's version happened --
      No, it is not obvious that Elway's version happened. In fact Elway has not said that Tebow chose to play for the Jets.

People are inferring it.

Comment

Tebow also said that he talked to several key people on the Jets throughout the day. I don't recall him saying anything about personal communication with Jacksonville. Seems like he was more involved with going on board with Gang Green.

Comment

Originally posted by contract View Post
          No, it is not obvious that Elway's version happened. In fact Elway has not said that Tebow chose to play for the Jets.

People are inferring it.
          It is obvious, the jags offered a better deal yet we traded him to the jets. Tim chose and they traded him there. Plain and simple.

Comment

It is just words games.
            Tebow had a preference.
            Broncos made the final decision.

Tebow said *ultimately* he didn't have any say, which largely changes the meaning because of course it's not his *final* decision. Both accounts were Elway kept in communication with him and allowed him input but obviously the finally decision is on the team making the deal.
            Last edited by tzinc; 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Does anyone still believe anything John says?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCatFan View Post
                Yes we do. He says his about winning, it's pretty evident he is about winning.
                sigpic

Comment

100% he has been upfront with everything since he took over!

Comment

I do, and i also believe Tebow like the media attention far more than alot of folks will admit.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                      Tim said he had no choice.

I'm taking Tim's word over John's, in this case, I don't see why Tim would lie about it. Whereas it would be a decent PR move for Elway to let him choose.
                      He didn't say that. He was asked how much power he had in the deciscion and he said that he didn't have any power. That the FO had all the power, but his agent worked hard with them all day to get the best situation for him. And as Elway just said, he knew every step of the way. People keep misinterpreting what Tebow said.
                      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        He didn't say that. He was asked how much power he had in the deciscion and he said that he didn't have any power. That the FO had all the power, but his agent worked hard with them all day to get the best situation for him. And as Elway just said, he knew every step of the way. People keep misinterpreting what Tebow said.
                        Or Tebow tried to make it seem like he had no chioce instead of just saying he didn't want to go to Jax. You say Potato and I say he covered his rear end by not exaclty owning up to the decision.
                        Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by txbroncobackr75 View Post
                          So they are both telling the truth. Seems logical to me.... I just don't understand why Elway feels the need to make this public info. Seems smarter to keep that in house for TT sake and anger over choosing one over the other and otherwise. Maybe he is saying it to create support for Tebow in NY ???
                          I saw the fans in New York rally hard in the football forum when they found out that he chose them, many ( not all) have adopted him as a warrior that they are going to battle with , so it's good for Tim that it got out actually and every one kind of knows the Jags coaches did not want to have him , since they have an elite QB in Blaine and they basically can't stop winning and selling out the stadium
                          Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Tebow didn't get a choice if he was traded or not. Elway let him choose HERE he was going. Makes sense to me. Then again, I'm fairly rational...
                            M.H.M.F.B MEMBER #36 FEAR THE FIVEHEAD!!!

Comment

Blame this on the media. They are looking for conflict. They are looking to "expose" Tebow. It's all nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
                                It is obvious, the jags offered a better deal yet we traded him to the jets. Tim chose and they traded him there. Plain and simple.
                                The only thing that is obvious is that John Elway never said that Tebow chose the Jets. Plain and simple. Instead he uses weasel language like "we were in contact with him", "he knew what was going on", "he was involved" ...

Elway never said that Tebow chose to play for the Jets ... and Tebow said clear as day that he didn't.

That is what is obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X