Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mean ...

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Sparano must be reading Steve Spurrier's book.
    ... Gators: The Inside Story of Florida's First SEC Title?

I would be more inclined to think Sparano is reading Football for Coaches and Players by Glenn Scobey Warner.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      ... Gators: The Inside Story of Florida's First SEC Title?

I would be more inclined to think Sparano is reading Football for Coaches and Players by Glenn Scobey Warner.
      The book about having two QBs lol
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...P11_hot_topics

I think the Jaguars were the best destination for Tebow. Gabbert is worse than Sanchez. And the Jaguars can easily dump Henne, signed as a free agent, while Sanchez still carries the status of a 5th overall pick with playoff wins. If Tebow really had a choice, I am surprised he did not choose his home.

At first thought - I agree

However after thinking about it a bit deeper, I think Jacksonville could have been a franchise where Tebow could fade away into the annals of history(hope I spelled that right lol)

Seriously though, Tebow is still developing his game. In NY he can continue to improve behind Sanchez. Jacksonville might be his final landing spot - I can see that. And he probably would like that once his game is tightened up. But if he went to Jax and struggled, that might be the end for him. On the other hand if things dont go well for him in NY, I think Jax will always be there as a safety net even if they don't want to pay him what he wants, they probably would take him.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I think this system with 2 quarterbacks is a joke. The starting quarterback loses his rhythm and knows the organization is questioning his ability to move the chains in certain situations. The "package" quarterback is seen as the solution for a goal line play or a 3rd & 3 situation. If you can't trust your quarterback to put the ball in the endzone or even get 3 yards, why is he your starting quarterback? And what if the "package" quarterback fails to make the play? You can already imagine the whispers in the locker room and the kind words coming from the media.

It's a mess. The team must have a starting quarterback for every situation and a backup quarterback that will play when the starter is forced to leave the game. I hope Sanchez is ready to compete with Tebow for the starting job. The "package" is cute when it is being executed by a running back or a wide receiver. With the Jets, the wildcat stuff will be executed by someone that has a higher quarterback rate than Sanchez.
          sigpic

Comment

Tim probably didn't want the Jags not only because no one wanted him accept the owner. This year will be a transition for the franchise with a first time head coach and there is a feeling that the new owner Khan really wants to move the team to LA.

In my opinon Elway and Tebow should not and don't need to take barbs at each other of he said he said. At the end of the day the deal is done. All parties got what they wanted. Elway got his style of QB in Manning. Tebow will get a fresh start with an organization that expressed desire to have him.

Comment

The book about having two QBs lol
              Title and ISBN #, please?

Another Level: Florida Football, A Year to Remember?

Bob Fulton: My Life, My Career?

Danny Wuerffel's Tales from the Gator Swamp: Reflection on Faith and Football?

or,

Quotable Spurrier: The Nerve, Verve and Victorious Words of and about Steve Spurrier, America's Most Scrutinized Football Coach?

Have you ever seen him speak at a clinic? When he chalks up a play, the symbols he uses for D are four or five times larger than the ones he uses for O. We took one look at that and said, "He needs bigger players on O."
              Last edited by samparnell; 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Title and isbn #, please?
                The theoretical book...?

It was a joke about how Spurrier always wanted to run two QBs out there.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Oh, ...

The theoretical book...?

It was a joke about how Spurrier always wanted to run two QBs out there.
                  ... I get it now. A joke.

Sorry, when you said book, I thought you meant book. You know, those things with pages?

Comment

... I get it now. A joke.

Sorry, when you said book, I thought you meant book. You know, those things with pages?
                    What?

No, no, no...books are things that you read on your ipad or kindle.

I think old age has you confused.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

What?

No, no, no...books are things that you read on your ipad or kindle.

I think old age has you confused.
                      Don't make me come over there.

I'll kindle your ipad on your ...

Comment

Originally posted by contract View Post
                        Anyone who thinks that Mark Sanchez would be easier to beat out in NYC than Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne in Jacksonville has rocks in his/her head.
                        Tebow knows the harder path is often the wisest.

Comment

I think the Jaguars were the best destination for Tebow. Gabbert is worse than Sanchez. And the Jaguars can easily dump Henne, signed as a free agent, while Sanchez still carries the status of a 5th overall pick with playoff wins. If Tebow really had a choice, I am surprised he did not choose his home.
                          Then through all of this, you haven't learnt a dern thing about Tebow.

Comment

Word here in Jax is that Tebow was told that he would be the 3rd QB, he'd get a few plays, and that he'll play STs. If that's true, I can see why he chose the Jets.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't care about the he said she said. I'm just a happy camper Tebow is gone.

Comment

Jags owners says Tebow didn’t want to come to Jacksonville

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
                                Shahid Khan AP

So much for the Fourth Commandment.

Last week, Tim Tebow said he had no say in his post-Denver destination. On Monday, he admitted that he had input, but that he was fine with going to the Jets or the Jaguars.

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan says otherwise.

“He didn’t want to come, obviously,” Khan said Monday, via Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union. “Any one of the 53 players we have, have to be committed to Jacksonville, making us be the best team we are. The question was: Did he want to come? And if the decision had been taken out [of his hands] and we got him, that would not be good for him, or for us.”

As the Jaguars tell the story, the Broncos claim that they indeed let Tebow choose between the two possible destinations.

“In a way, this turned out great,” Khan said. “If he doesn’t want to come, here we would have blown through a draft pick, blown through money, because cash and salary cap, you’ve blown through all that and we have a player who doesn’t want to be there. From their viewpoint that is a far, far better alternative.”

But that shouldn’t be viewed as a slight against the Jaguars. Thanks to G.M. Gene Smith’s ambivalence, Tebow viewed the Jets as a team that wanted him more. If the Jets hadn’t wanted Tebow, Tebow would have been smiling and gushing and generally acting like Buddy the Elf at a press conference in Jacksonville.

Besides, a lot can happen within the next few years. At some point, the Jets could have a new regime that doesn’t like Tebow. At that point, the team that was his second choice in 2012 could become his first choice.

Or maybe his only choice.

Next time, there’s no guarantee Khan will want Tebow. Unless, of course, Khan still wants to get rid of the tarps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jacksonville/

Comment

Working...
                                X