X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloking
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    There is no proof or links. John Elway told the truth, Tebow lied about it. Then he tried to restate his case with a little more truth in it.
    You would be correct! Good post.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Ill admit I tuned in to listen but, it's been really hard to stay focused with all this non Broncos talk

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by soloking View Post
    and where is your proof? Please provide a link!
    There is no proof or links. John Elway told the truth, Tebow lied about it. Then he tried to restate his case with a little more truth in it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Bottom line.......there weren't too many takers, and even so, the demand was weak in terms of what the market was prepared to offer for TT's services.

In the end, he is going to a very good place, for him. It sounds like he has a shot at some point to win the job.....if he deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Elway did Tim a favor by trading him to a team that will let him play.
    Amen! Jacksonville would have been home but they still need to work out their Blaine Gabbert stuff and what to do with Henne. It's possible Tim would get fewer opportunities to play there even as the front office uses him to sell tickets.

From what the Jets are saying, they have plans to use him regularly in the wildcat and if he continues to improve his passing, particularly timing routes, he can work that into even more playing time, especially should Sanchez get injured or need to take a few plays off for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I agree. 5 year contract means Tim has no chance here.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinjax
    replied
    Actually if you listen to the press conference he said he was in contact with Fox and he was told he would be able to choose and the next thing he knew he was a Jet indicating he had no choice however then he talked about the contract snafu and indicated for the second go round he did have some imput so both sides are correct..first time no choice second time choice

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    Why is this still an issue? He's gone and he has been told he will get some playing time. More than what he would get here and 30 other franchises.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Well, yes Tebow is correct when he said the Broncos "Had all the power", however, it is fair in saying that the Broncos, in exercizing this power, PROVIDED THE MEANS in which Tebow could make a choice and he chose the J.E.T.S, Jets, Jets, Jets! So, in affect both sides were truthful.

Leave a comment:

• soloking
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    you're wrong.
    and where is your proof? Please provide a link!

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Your wrong! Look at my post on page 5. The jags owner just came out and said Tim
    Choose the jets! Elway speaks the truth!
    Tebow's agent Sexton also said that Tim chose. Is still an issue outside of Florida?

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Your wrong! Look at my post on page 5. The jags owner just came out and said Tim
    Choose the jets! Elway speaks the truth!
    you're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
    i would like to see a quote and a link, because every time Tim has spoken he ahs said that they did in fact give him a choice and that the broncos did ultimately do what was best for them but that they were in contact with him the entire day.

LINK PLEASE if this is your stand, no link it didnt happen.
    When he gave the late-night conference call last Wednesday, he was asked something about whether he was given a "choice" of where to go. We don't know the phrasing of the question. But people ran with his answer and tried to create a situation where either the Broncos or Tim was lying.

But if you look at the wording he chose, it's consistent with how he experienced the day. He starts out with "ultimately," which by itself underscores that it was really the Broncos choice. And further facts have revealed that they did not talk to him late in the day. They talked to him at the beginning of the process, got his wishes and preferences, and then did not circle back and say "What is your choice." They acted on what they knew to be his preference. From Tim's perspective, many hours went by and the next thing he heard was from the Jets coaches "You're a Jet."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...ebow-now-a-jet

In a conference call with the media Wednesday night, however, Tebow denied that he had the power to decide which team acquired his contract.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any because the Broncos had all that power," Tebow said, adding that Denver was "gracious" in the way it handled the process. "I was just kind of watching and waiting — kind of like everybody else. It was an interesting day."

Leave a comment:

• duhyaj
    replied
    Originally posted by contract View Post
    Tebow said he didn't have ANY say.

What obviously transpired is that someone is flat out lying. You can fill in your own blanks.
    i would like to see a quote and a link, because every time Tim has spoken he ahs said that they did in fact give him a choice and that the broncos did ultimately do what was best for them but that they were in contact with him the entire day.

LINK PLEASE if this is your stand, no link it didnt happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X