Peyton Manning to John Elway: “No doubt” I’ll play at MVP level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is going to be interesting what happens to Thomas and Decker. Thomas has not really been used to running timing routes and it will be a major mental challenge for him to play with Peyton.

Decker dropped a lot of balls last year. Some were clearly his fault but now he has a QB that will throw very precisely, with a beautiful spiral. I expect Decker to shine big time, but if he keeps dropping balls it will be exposed big time.
    I blame it more on rhythm rather then lack of spirals or whatever. It's hard to establish a rhythm when there's 3-4 pass calls in a half (Due to lack of faith in Tebow by the coaching staff and the fact Tebow probably had little authority to change the play), and it's also difficult to establish rhythm when the offense goes 3 and out 4 consecutive times because they called 12 run plays.

The receivers were cold and therefore dropped passes.

Shouldn't be a problem with Manning. I'd be surprised if Decker continued to have issues.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      Thanks. Still trying to learn everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
        Thanks. Still trying to learn everyone.
        There's a lot of abbreviated names/other things......so never be shy to ask.

And of course, if someone goes, that can mess with the mix. One day you can ask CTM (one of our members) what made him rethink his name. That's another story, and one that he can share.......

As for EFX......I think that will be used less and less as time goes on. For a while we were getting used to Elway, Fox and Xanders as a unit.......not knowing enough about thow they'd do individually here. And when some of us weren't sure who was making what decision, it became a group thing......like in last year's draft. Sure some of us thought Elway was calling most of the shots, but there was a certain mount of collaboration for sure, as there will always be.

I'd say that now we know and appreciate (I believe most of us feel this way), the important individual roles involved here.......one would have to have been on another planet to not know how valuable Elway has become (especially after the Manning acquisition). Fox is important in his way, and I believe he did an outstanding job to make the O work last year, with a non traditional QB in the fold. Sure he wasn't alone, and his OC (yikes, another abbreviation!!!) McCoy had something to do with it as well.

I guess Xanders is the less obvious fit to the formula, but I am sure he is doing his job quite well.

One last thing.......abbreviations make for a lot less keyboarding!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          There's a lot of abbreviated names/other things......so never be shy to ask.

And of course, if someone goes, that can mess with the mix. One day you can ask CTM (one of our members) what made him rethink his name. That's another story, and one that he can share.......

As for EFX......I think that will be used less and less as time goes on. For a while we were getting used to Elway, Fox and Xanders as a unit.......not knowing enough about thow they'd do individually here. And when some of us weren't sure who was making what decision, it became a group thing......like in last year's draft. Sure some of us thought Elway was calling most of the shots, but there was a certain mount of collaboration for sure, as there will always be.

I'd say that now we know and appreciate (I believe most of us feel this way), the important individual roles involved here.......one would have to have been on another planet to not know how valuable Elway has become (especially after the Manning acquisition). Fox is important in his way, and I believe he did an outstanding job to make the O work last year, with a non traditional QB in the fold. Sure he wasn't alone, and his OC (yikes, another abbreviation!!!) McCoy had something to do with it as well.

I guess Xanders is the less obvious fit to the formula, but I am sure he is doing his job quite well.

One last thing.......abbreviations make for a lot less keyboarding!!!
          To be sure......Elway is running this ship. And to be sure Fox is the HC. I doubt I'll use EFX hardly ever again. Some times I use FO (Front Office), when broadbrushing our management in general.....as in, "we have a great group of players, led by a solid FO."

Comment

Working...
          X