Demaryius Thomas may struggle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Decker has awful hands and Demaryius has a sub par pair. Hopefully they both improve in that aspect, I think they will.
    When Tebow is throwing the ball EVERYONE has bad hands....seriously Decker didn't have the dropsies prior to Tim....
    sigpic

Comment

Decker is going to be a beast this year. Make sure you get him in fantasy mark my words. He just seems like the perfect receiver for Peyton. He runs great route's, seems to find the hole in the defense, and has great hands (except for this season with Teebs in there).

There was so many times when Decker found a hole in the defense but Tebow just didn't see him. I can't say how many times I was screaming "throw it to Decker!"

I have a feeling Peyton will favor Decker over all other receivers this year and he will have a monster breakout season.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
        I'm glad people who collectively get paid millions clocked him at 4.38 but you just "think" he was probably a mid 4.5 guy when he outruns defenders rather easily and looks as fast as Eddie Royal on screens ...

You're just such a hater it's ridiculous but it's cool cuz when he's dominating next year I'll say what's up
        His agent and the sports training facility timed him......I think that they have a vested interest in seeing him run a fast time....watch him play...He doesnt play at Djax speed...That is sub 4.4 speed...watch him any play his rookie season and tell me he is playing at that speed.....This year he want even close to it, but that is understandable.....Dont let me convince you....Watch him play and you can see that his isnt on a par with that kinda speed
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          His agent and the sports training facility timed him......I think that they have a vested interest in seeing him run a fast time....watch him play...He doesnt play at Djax speed...That is sub 4.4 speed...watch him any play his rookie season and tell me he is playing at that speed.....This year he want even close to it, but that is understandable.....Dont let me convince you....Watch him play and you can see that his isnt on a par with that kinda speed
          DJax is 5'10 175. Thomas is 6'3 229. Thomas is NEVER going to look as fast or quick as DJax. That doesn't mean that they don't play at the same speed. IMO, Megatron doesn't look like a burner. But I know that he has 4.3 speed. And let's be fair to DT, he's just coming back from an achilies injury, so ofcourse he's not going to look like he has 4.3 speed. But that TD catch in overtime tells me that he may be close to being his old self. You also have to consider the fact you mind can slow you down. If DT is scared to push off and he's worried about possibly re-injuring his achilies again, it will cause him to play a little slower or cautious.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            DJax is 5'10 175. Thomas is 6'3 229. Thomas is NEVER going to look as fast or quick as DJax. That doesn't mean that they don't play at the same speed. IMO, Megatron doesn't look like a burner. But I know that he has 4.3 speed. And let's be fair to DT, he's just coming back from an achilies injury, so ofcourse he's not going to look like he has 4.3 speed. But that TD catch in overtime tells me that he may be close to being his old self. You also have to consider the fact you mind can slow you down. If DT is scared to push off and he's worried about possibly re-injuring his achilies again, it will cause him to play a little slower or cautious.
            See here is the thing...I am not for a second getting down on DT for his 4.5ish speed. I think that is great. I just have made it my goal in life to point to why he isn't a 4.3 guy like some hark about.
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

See here is the thing...I am not for a second getting down on DT for his 4.5ish speed. I think that is great. I just have made it my goal in life to point to why he isn't a 4.3 guy like some hark about.
              All I've heard about DT is how people raved about him running anywhere from 4.36 and 4.38 and I believe he was running 4.4's last season because of the fear factor that played a role in his mind. I do believe he will bed back to the 4.3 speed that we all wanted to see in this coming season. It usually takes 2 years for these guys to feel back to normal and I can see DT doing big things with that 4.3 speed in the coming season.
              sigpic

Comment

I realize quoting McD isn't generally a good practice but even he said DT had 4.3 40 yard times, either your right and the rest of the NFL quotes it wrong or it's the other way around but either way unless you can get DT to come run a 40 yard for you there is no way of either side proving it so we're arguing about a moot point.

He's pretty quick one way or another is it worth arguing over .2 seconds?
                sigpic

Comment

He definitely has 4.4 speed. I run a 4.54 electronically, and I can tell you with confidence that I would not be able to come close to outrunning Pittsburgh's defensive backs for a touchdown. A little context for you: Brandon Marshall has 4.5 speed. Thomas is way faster than Marshall.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                    The vast majority of people will expect DT to explode. I am one of them. If you want him on your fantasy team, and you live in Denver, pick him early.
                    I think if DT works with Manning every chance he can then he will have an amazing year. I think I DT does the bare min then other wrs will have better years and DT will have a good or average year. He still is an unpolished wr from a run option offense and between his injuries and the way the offense situation when he was healthy not much has changed IMO

DT could learn allot from working with Peyton...maybe enuff to make the next step as a WR
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                      Decker is going to be a beast this year. Make sure you get him in fantasy mark my words. He just seems like the perfect receiver for Peyton. He runs great route's, seems to find the hole in the defense, and has great hands (except for this season with Teebs in there).

There was so many times when Decker found a hole in the defense but Tebow just didn't see him. I can't say how many times I was screaming "throw it to Decker!"

I have a feeling Peyton will favor Decker over all other receivers this year and he will have a monster breakout season.
                      I agree - while I think DT and Decker will both go over 1,000 yards - Decker will benefit more around the end zone due to his precises route running and great hands.

Comment

Re: Thomas - my biggest concern is that he has a chance to get familiar with Peyton on timing, throws from a righty again, other aspects of the offensive playbook, but Decker is the only WR out there running with Peyton right now in these informal workouts. I think Decker has a chance to explode as a favorite target. Thomas will have some catch-ing up to do.
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Working...
                        X