Peyton may never win a Super Bowl in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    Lol jelly? He speaks the truth you guys sound biased to me. Almost no one here sees reality in this.
    Strange, isnt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      to be fair manning actually has had some good teams. good receivers, good TE, a good running back. he has had it all.

hes even had good defenses at times with good players. his playoff struggles does not relate to that IMO

when you are dominating in the regular season then lose to a team you are supposed to beat in the first playoff game, that is just a choke.

happens to even the best QB's but to manning it happens more than usual
      True. Peyton has exactly one (1) playoff come from behind victory. One. All those playoff games, and one come from behind victory.

Some of that could be a team function (or lack thereof), but some of that is certainly on Manning after 11 playoff appearances.

Comment

• Lol. This seems like something I would write about the Chiefs if they had gotten Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drzaius View Post
          Manning gets paid to much to struggle even 1/2 of the season. We run QB's that struggle out of town. It's not a option.
          When I say struggle, I don't mean Tebow numbers. Mannings struggles will still more than likely result in a win. His struggles are going to consist of off timing passes, not passes that end up 10 yds off target and in the dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            When I say struggle, I don't mean Tebow numbers. Mannings struggles will still more than likely result in a win. His struggles are going to consist of off timing passes, not passes that end up 10 yds off target and in the dirt.
            I would hope so. Manning is a NFL vet with over 10 years experience in the NFL.

Comment

• AJ kinda seems like an a-hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
                No rational person is going to anoint any team in march.

Having a great QB like Manning is no guarantee either.

In other words, this guy said...nothing new, nothing noteworthy or original.

Just a hometown hack bashing on a rival. That's it. That is ALL it is.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  Its funny, SD talking about titles. They don't know what a title is let alone a loyal fan base.
                  Haha good point.

Especially since the chargers are the only AFCW team to have never won a Super Bowl.
                  sigpic

Comment

i do think you guys are the favorites to win the division but its not going to come automatically like many of you apparently believe.
                    I havent seen anyone saying we are going to automatically win any titles.

As for being the favorites at the moment?

We are the defending division champions you know. No matter how it went down, how bad the rest of the division was, that cannot be taken away from the Broncos.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Denver, Denver, Denver. I’m sick of Denver and the incredible advantage the rarefied air gives its sports teams.

What's he going to do about it? Funny how the altitude got lower the year we were 4-12.

Comment

• "Has any great quarterback lost more big games with good teams in his life than Peyton Manning? Can’t think of one."

What a moron. Manning never even had one truly good defensive team. In football, that's the most important thing, defense. In basketball, it is about 50-50, in football, it's really 70-30, especially in the playoffs. Defense is just that important. And he has the nerve to say Manning had great teams. He definitely has an agenda.

Comment

to be fair manning actually has had some good teams. good receivers, good TE, a good running back. he has had it all.

hes even had good defenses at times with good players. his playoff struggles does not relate to that IMO

when you are dominating in the regular season then lose to a team you are supposed to beat in the first playoff game, that is just a choke.happens to even the best QB's but to manning it happens more than usual.
                          i know this isnt smack.....but dude come on...i been saying that about rivers all the time regarding the bolts choking......you and your silly bolt bros been stubberly resisting it every step of the way

nw cause the discussion is manning...suddenly the choke is on?
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Denver, Denver, Denver. I’m sick of Denver and the incredible advantage the rarefied air gives its sports teams. And those gushing that with Manning the Broncos will stroll through the AFC West and onto the Super Bowl are full of it up to their earlobes.

It isn’t going to be that easy. This isn’t 2008. Manning may be a four-time NFL MVP, but he just turned 36, has had at least three next surgeries (possibly four) and hasn’t thrown a meaningful pass since January 2010. He never was mobile. Elway and Fox don’t even know if he can play.
                            ^^^ Did he say it for teh lulz?

First of all, I'm thrilled that San Diegans are sick of hearing about Denver. I've always loved to torment our foes.

Surely the guy who wrote this knows full well we wouldn't have traded Tebow and given Peyton so much if we didn't know if he could play. Come on - several doctors have cleared him. You can't take (yet another) sports writer seriously that mislabels Elway as the "GM."

Jealous much? Yes, I think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
                              Disagree stridently. He's had a good defense (and by good I mean above .500 compared to the rest of the league) maybe 2 out of his 14 seasons.
                              i counted 6 season of at least top 15 in the league or better. not saying he has had great defenses but they have had some great players on defense and some pretty decent defenses overall at times.

heck, in 2007 they had one of the best defenses in the league statistically, the best scoring defense.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                i know this isnt smack.....but dude come on...i been saying that about rivers all the time regarding the bolts choking......you and your silly bolt bros been stubberly resisting it every step of the way

nw cause the discussion is manning...suddenly the choke is on?
                                when have i ever denied that the chargers have choked? actually, if you remember correctly, my argument was that rivers only choked two playoff games because those were the only two the bolts were supposed to win and didn't follow through.

i am nothing but consistent here arapaho.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X