Peyton may never win a Super Bowl in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Acedude View Post
    True. Peyton has exactly one (1) playoff come from behind victory. One. All those playoff games, and one come from behind victory.

Some of that could be a team function (or lack thereof), but some of that is certainly on Manning after 11 playoff appearances.
    Actually, he's had at least two that I know of. And one of them was so monumental that it made history. AFC title game against the Pats- 2006 season. Largest deficit overcome in a championship or SB to date. Also, the Colts were behind in the 2006 SB from the first play, as I recall.

He's also had at least two playoff games lost for him by his kicker. Dolphins (in 2000?) Kick to win, Vanderjagt misses badly. Steelers in 2005. Kick to tie for overtime. Vanderjagt misses badly. Against the Jets two years ago, he drives for the winning score only to watch the Colts kick coverage team allow a 60 yard return with about 40 seconds on the clock. The Jets kicked the winning FG. If you look at Manning's "portfolio" of playoff losses, he's had some bad luck games against the Chargers, Steelers, Dolphins, and Jets. He's had a couple of stinker games, against the Pats and the Jets, but then, Mr. Playoff Perfect Brady has had some stinker playoff games, too, against the Broncos and the Ravens come readily to mind.
    Last edited by Steamboat7; 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• That article is hilarious!!! No team in NFL history has done less with more than the San Diego Chargers. I got an idea, lets get rid of Shottenheimer, trade Drew Breeze, let LT and Sproles go, give up on Vincent Jackson, and loose over a period of 6 years where all NFL analysts anointed them as the "most talented" team in the NFL.

Rivers and Norv are nothing but a joke, excuse me, I spelled that wrong.......I meant CHOKE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
        Disagree stridently. He's had a good defense (and by good I mean above .500 compared to the rest of the league) maybe 2 out of his 14 seasons.
        One thing about Peyton, in his 10 playoff losses "his" offense averaged 14.2 ppg. The defenses weren't all that great, averaging 24.7 ppg in those losses.

Take out the one huge whipping by the Jets in 2002 (41-0), and the offense was still at 14.2 ppg, but the defense avg ppg goes down to 22.8 ppg.

So make out of that what you will.

Comment

• Typical from a UT sports writer...

The Chargers have serious problems in SD with the likes of A.J. Smith and Norv Turner and from my experience, the media hardly ever says anything bad about those two bozos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat7 View Post
            Actually, he's had at least two that I know of. And one of them was so monumental that it made history. AFC title game against the Pats- 2006 season. Largest deficit overcome in a championship or SB to date. Also, the Colts were behind in the 2006 SB from the first play, as I recall.

He's also had at least two playoff games lost for him by his kicker. Dolphins (in 2000?) Kick to win, Vanderjagt misses badly. Steelers in 2005. Kick to tie for overtime. Vanderjagt misses badly. Against the Jets two years ago, he drives for the winning score only to watch the Colts kick coverage team allow a 60 yard return with about 40 seconds on the clock. The Jets kicked the winning FG. If you look at Manning's "portfolio" of playoff losses, he's had some bad luck games against the Chargers, Steelers, Dolphins, and Jets. He's had a couple of stinker games, against the Pats and the Jets, but then, Mr. Playoff Perfect Brady has had some stinker playoff games, too, against the Broncos and the Ravens come readily to mind.
            You got me with that 2006. 21-6 at the half in Indy against NE, outscored NE 28-13 in the second half. The one comeback I was thinking of was the 2006 Super Bowl. Good catch, my fault

Yes, he's had a few good games, I'm a little biased against Peyton, that's why I'm picking on him.

Comment

Working...
            X