Peyton may never win a Super Bowl in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
    The Broncos were a 4-12 team last year, and 1-4 team before a certain someone came off the bench. The Indy team was built for a healthy P. Manning in his prime.

36 year old P. Manning coming off 4 surgeries and a 1 year vacation, on a new team, new system, outdoors... I just dont see why there is so much Superbowl talk.
    Well there better be Superbowl talk. That's the purpose of the game.

Comment

If Peyton Manning doesn't win a Super Bowl in Denver, it won't be for a lack of trying.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Peyton sure does buy you a ticket to the dance. He may not, but he likely will
        Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
          I know what you mean.. man, a old guy that won 4 leauge MVP's, 1 super Bowl, 1 sb MVP, broke leauge records, studies more film than Martin Scorcesse, is already working his WR's.. ya.. guy definitaly doesnt have it. Psh. Lmao
          Hmmm, it looks like you glossed over the 4 neck surgeries and 1 year hiatus part.

You may want to rewrite your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
            Hmmm, it looks like you glossed over the 4 neck surgeries and 1 year hiatus part.

You may want to rewrite your statement.
            I think the statement is fine. There's really no evidence to suggest he won't be a HUGE upgrade over Tebow. Even if he's not 100%.

Comment

I may not sleep with a supermodel. I may. But I may not.

Like winning the Super Bowl, it's hard to sleep with a supermodel. But god bless it, I'm going to try like hell.
              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                I think the statement is fine. There's really no evidence to suggest he won't be a HUGE upgrade over Tebow. Even if he's not 100%.
                The team was 1-4 before Tebow and 4-12 last year.

Sure Manning is an upgrade to Tebow, but Manning has less time left and is recovering from 4 neck surgeries.

Comment

Brady, Big Ben, Manning, Manning, Brees, Rodgers....

They seem to have a pretty good hold on SBs the last decade, so I like our chances vs. any of the other QBs you could have...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
                    Your making the same mistake Indianapolis did with Manning during his career with them. You cant put that all on one person. There are other parts of the game he has no control over.. Defense and Special Teams. If Denver doesnt surround him with those two things, it will be Indy all over again and the G.O.A.T. will take all the blame.
                    The same can be said for any QB we put in his place. The difference with Manning is the sun is setting rapidly as opposed to developing youth.

As a lifelong fan this move made me sick. My hopes are high but the expectations are Favresqe. Close but no cigar
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      Frankly IMO if we do not win a super bowl then the Peyton move was a failure.

Just last year we won a playoff game with a qb who had a handful of NFL starts before 2011 an is still waiting for his first full offseason. We were not paying the qb 18 mil and won a playoff game.

At this point it is super bowl or bust
                      I agree with this post. I believe any team that Peyton went to would be a SB or bust. Especially ours though, because of the success we had with TT (gimmick or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Frankly IMO if we do not win a super bowl then the Peyton move was a failure.

Just last year we won a playoff game with a qb who had a handful of NFL starts before 2011 an is still waiting for his first full offseason. We were not paying the qb 18 mil and won a playoff game.

At this point it is super bowl or bust
                        thanks for bringing up that shortsighted opinion again
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

subjunctive mood
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl in his time here... I will be anything but happy.
                            Denver Broncos GM
                            Originally posted by Mosk
                            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                              The ultimate result is WINS and obviously NO ONE knows the answer to this yet. IF Peyton can't get us to a minumum the second round of the playoffs then we just wasted major money on one player instead of making our team as a whole a LOT BETTER.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                                The same can be said for any QB we put in his place. The difference with Manning is the sun is setting rapidly as opposed to developing youth.

As a lifelong fan this move made me sick. My hopes are high but the expectations are Favresqe. Close but no cigar
                                No way can this situation be compaired to Favre. Two totally different types of guys in different situations. If you remeber Favre had a great year in Minn. The situation in NY was hampered by the 'ick pics. I dont recall Manning being that kind of a guy.
                                Docs cleared him to resume his career. Manning is obessive compulsive when it comes to playing qb. Favre, not.
                                From a Colt to a Bronco

Comment

Working...
                                X