Peyton may never win a Super Bowl in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
    The team was 1-4 before Tebow and 4-12 last year.

Sure Manning is an upgrade to Tebow, but Manning has less time left and is recovering from 4 neck surgeries.
    Yeah I know. That's been said approx. 4,963 times.

Still an upgrade, though. I'd rather rely on Manning's and the Broncos medical staff word of Manning being healthy than relying on Tim Tebow to become a pro-style QB.

I think that's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by dadx4 View Post
      The ultimate result is WINS and obviously NO ONE knows the answer to this yet. IF Peyton can't get us to a minumum the second round of the playoffs then we just wasted major money on one player instead of making our team as a whole a LOT BETTER.
      The QB, as we've been told over and over and over and over is THE most important position on the field. We just made a major upgrade in the QB position over what we had.

We DID take the money and make the team as a whole a LOT BETTER.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Sure Manning is an upgrade to Tebow, but Manning has less time left and is recovering from 4 neck surgeries.
        And if you insist on giving Tebow 100% of the credit for that improvement, you aren't being fair to the rest of the team.

Tebow had some wonderfully exciting moments at the end of games, but he also stunk up the joint in a major way for more than 3 quarters of almost each and every game. He was saved (pun intended) for his late game heroics by a rapidly improving defense, superb special teams play and a solid run game that helped minimize the ineffectiveness of his passing game.

I'm not saying Tebow doesn't deserve some credit for the wins, but believe me, those were all team wins in a big way.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dooley View Post
          I'm a lifetime Tennessee fan and a Colt fan since 1998 & now A Broncos fan I can tell you Peyton may never win a Super Bowl in Denver ( hope he wins 1 or more ) but Denver will be a better place because Peyton was there. He is nothing but class and he will make ever Broncos fan proud if its on the field or in your city. VFL
          This is the only thing that matter when you sack up 90 Million for a player. If this team does not win a SB with Manning, it will be looked back on as a major dissappointment.
          A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
            This is the only thing that matter when you sack up 90 Million for a player. If this team does not win a SB with Manning, it will be looked back on as a major dissappointment.
            Ding Ding Ding....we have a winnner folks. Not only will it be a MAJOR disappointment but our team as a whole won't be much stronger. Just imagine with that 90Mil what we could have done to improve our TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
              Your making the same mistake Indianapolis did with Manning during his career with them. You cant put that all on one person. There are other parts of the game he has no control over.. Defense and Special Teams. If Denver doesnt surround him with those two things, it will be Indy all over again and the G.O.A.T. will take all the blame.
              Trust me you do not need to make these points to a bronco fan from the 80s who watched a great franchise qb fall short a bunch of times due to shortcomings in the team.

Still when a team that just won the division and a playoff game pays 18 mil for one player then the motto becomes Super Bowl or bust. My guess is if u ask Peyton he will say same thing.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by dadx4 View Post
                Ding Ding Ding....we have a winnner folks. Not only will it be a MAJOR disappointment but our team as a whole won't be much stronger. Just imagine with that 90Mil what we could have done to improve our TEAM.
                Elways has Gorilla Nads for his all-in play on this... I admire him for that, but at one cost to the long-term health of this team remains to be seen... perhaps there is no cost long-term..... we shall see
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

And under Tebow, we ended up 1-4 in our last 5 games including the playoffs.

We lost quite a few regular season games that could have locked up the AFC West for us, but instead had to back into the playoffs.

If we don't win a Superbowl in the next 3 years, it won't be because our QB isn't good enough...I'd look at other positions before blaming the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                    Still an upgrade, though. I'd rather rely on Manning's and the Broncos medical staff word of Manning being healthy than relying on Tim Tebow to become a pro-style QB.
                    I don't think it's in Tim's blood to stay in that pocket. Not necessarily a bad thing, I enjoyed watching him run, but that's not a style of play conducive to longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                      Elways has Gorilla Nads for his all-in play on this... I admire him for that, but at one cost to the long-term health of this team remains to be seen... perhaps there is no cost long-term..... we shall see
                      He has nads the size of church bells, but he's John Elway.

We cobbled together in no small part through FA back-to-back Super Bowl teams. No reason we can't do it again, mang.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        And under Tebow, we ended up 1-4 in our last 5 games including the playoffs.

We lost quite a few regular season games that could have locked up the AFC West for us, but instead had to back into the playoffs.

If we don't win a Superbowl in the next 3 years, it won't be because our QB isn't good enough...I'd look at other positions before blaming the QB.
                        Including the playoffs.... so the Broncos who started 1-4 made it to the playoffs. And they beat a heavily favored Team.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                          And if you insist on giving Tebow 100% of the credit for that improvement, you aren't being fair to the rest of the team.

Tebow had some wonderfully exciting moments at the end of games, but he also stunk up the joint in a major way for more than 3 quarters of almost each and every game. He was saved (pun intended) for his late game heroics by a rapidly improving defense, superb special teams play and a solid run game that helped minimize the ineffectiveness of his passing game.

I'm not saying Tebow doesn't deserve some credit for the wins, but believe me, those were all team wins in a big way.
                          I am not giving Tebow all the Credit. I am saying the team isnt a QB away from a superbowl win.

The Team was 1-4 to start the season, and 1-4 to end the season(Thanks LvBronx). They were 4-12 in 2010. And finished off 2009 2-8. Thats more than 1 piece away from a superbowl.

Manning only has a couple years left, and is on a new team, and he is coming off of 4 major surgeries. Dawkins may be retiring and Champ is also getting older.

Comment

It's possible, but the last 6 QB's to win a SB are Manning, Eli, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, and Brees.

Ben, Brady, and Eli twice, with Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton once.

Do we win a SB, no one knows, but we got a better shot then we did with Tebow, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
                              Your making the same mistake Indianapolis did with Manning during his career with them. You cant put that all on one person. There are other parts of the game he has no control over.. Defense and Special Teams. If Denver doesnt surround him with those two things, it will be Indy all over again and the G.O.A.T. will take all the blame.
                              This is probably why there is so much Super Bowl talk. Denver's Defense and Special Teams is a vast improvement (not to mention existing) from the same two factors in Indy.

i think you were actually looking for this...

stop talking about what happened in 2009 and 2010. 2009 was a terrible failure because McDaniels cheated and ran our excellent defensive coordinator out of town. We went from 6-0 to 8-8 because the guy calling the defensive shots peaced out. In 2010 we suffered from a Marshall-less offense and a Dumervil-less defense and a horrible defensive coordinator.

Last year, we had a vastly improved defense and our special teams is improved as well. There is a lot more to winning than just the quarterback. But when you have a guy like Orton who couldn't get anything done offensively and failed to lead and fire up his team, you'll end up 8-8 and 4-12. Oh and don't forget we STILL ended up 8-8 last year with your guy at the helm. But you can thank our defense and Matt Prater for most of that instead of him.

no one knows how much of an impact (if any) Manning's neck surgeries will have. if doctors have cleared him to play, then i'd say he's in pretty good shape. several football players have had similar operations as Manning and still play. In fact I'm pretty sure Dawkins has had neck operations and he still plays? people need to stop worrying so much about his neck. He says he feels good and doctors say he's fine... until proven otherwise we have no reason to think it'll cause problems.

regardless: Manning>>>>>>>>>>>Tebow/Orton and with our improved defense and a place kicker and punter on fire... it gives us a great chance to go deeper into the playoffs instead of relying on other teams to fail in order for us to back in, win by chance, then get annihilated and embarrassed the next week.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I am not giving Tebow all the Credit. I am saying the team isnt a QB away from a superbowl win.

The Team was 1-4 to start the season, and 1-4 to end the season(Thanks LvBronx). They were 4-12 in 2010. And finished off 2009 2-8. Thats more than 1 piece away from a superbowl.

Manning only has a couple years left, and is on a new team, and he is coming off of 4 major surgeries. Dawkins may be retiring and Champ is also getting older.
                                The team was NOT a QB away from the Super Bowl. That's why we added FA's. Like Tamme, Dreesen, Mike Adams, Porter to go along with Manning. We aren't done yet. EFX is not sayin they are guaranteeing a Super Bowl. The Broncos are gearing us up for a Super Bowl run. I love the fact that Manning is a Bronco. I also don't think we'll win the Super Bowl this year. If we do I'll be happy, but surprised. The Offense needs to learn the new scheme. I'll say this, I think we win back to back next year.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X