No announcement yet.

DP: Bowlen for dollars: How the Broncos are spending in NFL free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I see some movement, DJ will be gone, Goodman will be gone, Knowshon I think should stay (I think he'll be great catching the ball out of the backfield) Lonnie Paxton is expendable (to me), I know long snapping is important but not for 1mill/year, Dawkins needs to retire or re-work that contract, Ty Warren (are we liable for that this year?), Vickerson… they need to make the decision if their play results in that kind of cash. All I know is we need to shore up the interior line play and maybe get a little more run help on the outside, remember that last game against KC (ouch). I'm still a bit weary on our overall health of our WR core, ya they are talented, and their young but injuries and other problems haven't allowed them to be on the field the whole season (hope that changes). Love the signing of Manning but I think we need to do some work via the draft, cuts, and some more FA signings. Lack of depth in some positions and bad contracts are still visible on this roster, in my opinion at least. None the less, I'm ready for some football.

REAL NFL football.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
      No guaranteed money for Hanie...Hmmm, yep, we'll be drafting a QB since we can cut Hanie with no cap hit.

I believe D.J. and Goody will be traded for a 5th rd pick. Stong posibility that Warren will be released.
      That would be a craptastic deal
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
        I don't think that original $40 million includes Tim Tebow's salary which was around an $8 million cap room hit if I recall. No need to worry about cap room this year and we are decently prepared for next year. Only big issue could be Ryan Clady's contract which ends after 2012.
        The method by which you handle that is called "carte blanche" haha
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Lol,and people said good old Pat was tight with money.Patties making it rain....

Comment

Joe Mays for 4 mil/year

What.

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrushtime View Post
              Prater? He got the franchise tag...
              And if we sign him then we are over the cap from what this thread is saying

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              What? Doom, Champ, Von, DJ, Clady, Kuper, Dawk, none of them are in the top 100?
              1. If we included a list of top 100 players not just top 100 free agents some of those guys would not make it. My guess is Doom Champ and Von would be the only ones who did.

2. We talking about free agents and while I like those guys as starters pretty sure it was obvious when we played the pats we did not have enough talent....and they were not even the best team in the NFL last year.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Dan in the Can View Post
                I think he was talking about PFTs top 100 free agents. Speaking which Jarvis Moss was on that list, so take it for what you will as how reliable it is.
                Which one is he on? Cuz your right that tells me allot about that list.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                  Joe Mays for 4 mil/year

What.
                  i agree holy crap IMO he wasnt worth that i hope he donates money back for all missed tackles...if irving beats him out expensive back up n ST guy...

Comment

Joe Mays was by far our best all around linebacker last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
                      Joe Mays was by far our best all around linebacker last year.
                      I think Von Miller and his off the charts metrics might have something to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        And if we sign him then we are over the cap from what this thread is saying

Prater was tagged and aready counted against the available cap sace before FA period opened. Broncs were about $49 million before tags and tenders.

Comment

Sure hope we bring in some more defense. Didn't we lose Bunkley?

One of our biggest issues with defensive backs last year, I think Adams looks like a nice pickup but dont know anything about Porter...he any good?

Never heard of the TE's we signed, any good?

Comment

Originally posted by svpearson View Post

One of our biggest issues with defensive backs last year, I think Adams looks like a nice pickup but dont know anything about Porter...he any good?

Bunkley is gone to the Saints. Broncos need to re-sign Thomas and/or draft defensive tackle(s).

Porter picked Manning off in the Super Bowl, remember?

Dreessen and Tamme are solid TEs from Texans and Colts respectively. TE position looks set. Dreessen played at CSU; Tamme was a teammate of Woodyard at Kentucky.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by svpearson View Post

Bunkley is gone, so we do have a hole to fill.

Adams is a pretty good cover safety. Not good in the run game, but hopefully he won't be asked to tackle many breakaways.

Porter is a young guy, good physical skill set, not big but not small. He is a bit of a gambler. Has some health issues and hasn't played a full season yet. Not the best of tacklers, but not terrible.

Tamme is a receiving TE, not that great of a blocker. Good hands and speed.

Dreessen is more of a blocking TE that can catch occasionally. He will probably fill in the Daniel Fells/Daniel Graham role as the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X