New OT Rules Passed for Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OT Rules Passed for Regular Season

Not sure if this is right section, but I think it is. Mods, feel free to move if I'm mistaken.

Originally posted by AdamSchefter
    New OT rules passed. Same system for regular season as the postseason.
    @AdamSchefter

Games could get more interesting during the regular season, glad they did this. Good thing we have DT to end it every time we're in OT hahaha

Also, all turnovers are now reviewed.

Comment

Good, I never understood why they changed it only for the postseason games.
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

It was stupid that they were only for the postseason... didnt make sense to play by different rules

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
          It was stupid that they were only for the postseason... didnt make sense to play by different rules
          Yeah, I agree. Why change the rules just for the playoffs? Nice touch on the season and it should be good for us... if we ever get to another overtime! I have a good feeling those close games are behind us.
          Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon Member #12

Comment

Originally posted by Oats420 View Post
            Yeah, I agree. Why change the rules just for the playoffs? Nice touch on the season and it should be good for us... if we ever get to another overtime! I have a good feeling those close games are behind us.
            They were exciting but we always waited until the very end to score... except the Pitt game.

Comment

Nice.
              Im not a big fan of our current OT rules, I wish they were more like the college rules.

But hey, this is an improvement

Comment

They were exciting but we always waited until the very end to score... except the Pitt game.
                They were exciting in a heart attack kind of way...
                Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon Member #12

Comment

I still wish bith teams would get the ball no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by rollo View Post
                    nice.
                    Im not a big fan of our current ot rules, i wish they were more like the college rules.

But hey, this is an improvement
                    itd be nice but that would mean a lot of long games

i love the turnover review rule also that would have been huge last year
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      itd be nice but that would mean a lot of long games

i love the turnover review rule also that would have been huge last year
                      That makes me wonder why even have challenges? The only thing that I can think of now that would be challenged is a WR catching a ball with both feet inbounds. Why dont they just review that too and have it like college where everything is reviewed

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                        Also, all turnovers are now reviewed.
                        Both are awesome changes

Nice job guys at the top!

Comment

That makes me wonder why even have challenges? The only thing that I can think of now that would be challenged is a WR catching a ball with both feet inbounds. Why dont they just review that too and have it like college where everything is reviewed
                          There's no harm in reviewing turnovers because it involves a change of possession.

Reviewing catches automatically will slow the game down.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm glad they changed the overtime rules. It's never a good idea to have different rules for the post season than the regular season.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

What about refs blowing the whistle too damn early when they shouldnt have and now the play is dead.
                              That cost us a turnover in the steelers game

Comment

Working...
                              X