No announcement yet.

New OT Rules Passed for Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back sudden death! The new OT rules are kind of sissified. In sudden death everything is on the line. Keeps everyone on edge. I think this stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by LABroncosFan18 View Post
      Bring back sudden death! The new OT rules are kind of sissified. In sudden death everything is on the line. Keeps everyone on edge. I think this stinks.
      Coin flip determining who wins the game? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LABroncosFan18 View Post
        i really like the if you score a TD its over but a FG gives the other team 1 chance OT after that sudden death

pretty fair but not outrageous like NCAA
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          i really like the if you score a TD its over but a FG gives the other team 1 chance OT after that sudden death

Ya I think it's perfect ...

Love that they made it for entire season not just playoffs

Comment

I'm glad. Was very happy to hear the new rule changes. I hate that they just did it for postseason only. I would think they would have tried it in the regular season 1st, to see if they wanted to do it in the postseason or not. We never really got to see those rules in effect yet, so it will be fun to see.

As for the challenge rule, I also like that one. I want the game to be right, and not decided on a judgement call and a coach not having any challenges left. Glad things are getting right around the league.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

So, by saying same as the postseason rules, does this mean no more ties?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                So, by saying same as the postseason rules, does this mean no more ties?
                Hmmm, Yea I havn't seen anything on that. What if both teams kick a FG on thier 1st possessions and then no one scores after that and the 1st OT period is tied? I think games will still end in a tie though. There might even be more ties now with this rule change.
                :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I'm happy they changed the overtime rules. It didn't make much sense having different rules for regular season and post season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

I love the NCAA rules. If you have ever seen a game go to 6 overtimes, you would too.

If they had NCAA rules and a Super Bowl went to the sixth overtime, ratings would be astronomical.

Comment

Working...
                    X