Joe Mays vs. Nate Irving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Mays vs. Nate Irving

Once the offseason went underway, I had heard from threads and news that the Coaches are high on Irving. Especially since Joe Mays was a Free agent, I had pretty much assured that Irving would be the starter.

But now that we have resigned Mays, what do you think is the situation with the MLB position?

Will Irving rise to become our next stud MLB?

or

Will Joe Mays stay the starter?
    Joe Mays will stay the Starter
    24.51%
    Nate Irving will take over as Starter
    34.31%
    Mays will start, then mid-season be benched to Irving
    40.20%
    Irving will start, then mid-season be benched to Mays
    0.98%

Mays will probably go into camp as the starter but him and Irving are going to compete for the job. They couldn't really compete last season because of the lockout so Mays had an advantage.

And if Irving can't beat out Mays then he shouldn't start and we have a problem at MLB

Comment

With Parcells on the Irving bandwagon. it's my hope that Nate will take over after Mays starts getting pushed around by game 6.

Comment

I'm a Nate Irving backer in all aspects. I expect him to start for the Broncos in 2012 and for many years. I still hate the Mays re-signing.
        sigpic

Comment

Joe Mays was one of the only good things about the Mcdaniels era. >.> Keep him please!!!
          sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
            I'm a Nate Irving backer in all aspects. I expect him to start for the Broncos in 2012 and for many years. I still hate the Mays re-signing.
            I am not a fan of Mays starting but he provides good depth at worst. If they didn't re-sign him and Irving didn't pan out or got hurt, who would come in to play MLB? Once we have better than him on the roster, he can be let go, not until then however.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think they would have paid Mays as much as they did if they thought Irving would take over.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
                What?? I agree he may not be a starter, hopefully Irving takes his place but come on. Mays is solid depth and at worst an excellent special teams player. You never have enough linebackers and d linemen.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope Irving starts. Mays can lasy some wood but for every big hit he has he misses 2 or 3 tackles because he is trying to make a big hit instead of wrapping up and making the tackle

Comment

I think Irving's momentum as a prospect has dropped, only due to not playing (not a bad thing). Irving had a year to learn the ropes of playing NFL MLB, and I think he'll bring his ability to camp and beat Mays out. Great instincts, great tackler, and better coverage linebacker than Mays.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                      I don't think they would have paid Mays as much as they did if they thought Irving would take over.
                      I think it was all about competition. We had to pay Mays to retain him, and having him to push Irving will be good for everybody involved.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                        I think it was all about competition. We had to pay Mays to retain him, and having him to push Irving will be good for everybody involved.
                        They didn't want to match what NO gave Bunkley when he was a guaranteed starter at his position. I seriously doubt they would have given Mays 3 mil (or whatever it was) to be a backup.

Comment

Is it what you think or what you want? I hate when that's not clarified

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            Is it what you think or what you want? I hate when that's not clarified
                            It says think so that's what I went with.

Comment

I like them both, thats a tough one.

Comment

Working...
                              X