something i noticed about decker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something i noticed about decker

It seems like he is always putting in extra work with whoever the QB is. I don't recall him doing it with orton but all season long i read about him staying after with tebow or he would work afterwards with quinn and now he is out there with manning working. Webber is his old college QB so im sure he puts in extra time with him also. But i also noticed i don't hear Thomas name mentioned. Either he aint there or they dont write about him. Im not questioning his work ethic or anything its just something I noticed is that of all the receivers decker is always the one thats seen putting in extra. Or maybe I just don't read enough.

If I remember right Orton, deck and Larry fitzgerald all worked out in Minnesota last offseason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
      If I remember right Orton, deck and Larry fitzgerald all worked out in Minnesota last offseason.
      Yup he did

Comment

Decker is awesome. He might no be the fastest, or the strongest, or jump the highest. But he puts in work, and knows his stuff. That is exactly the kind of WR Peyton loves. I have a feeling Decker will be our leading receiver this year.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          Decker is awesome. He might no be the fastest, or the strongest, or jump the highest. But he puts in work, and knows his stuff. That is exactly the kind of WR Peyton loves. I have a feeling Decker will be our leading receiver this year.
          Agreed, Decker is one of my favorite players on the team, and since Royal is gone, he's my favorite wide out. Which might not be saying much since I don't really like the other receivers.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I like this kid work ethic, PM developed good chemistry with collie because he went to work with him a lot, if Deck have the same commitment to greatness, we will see beautiful things from him
            Go Broncos!!! My Prediction: 11-5 (2015/16)

Comment

I do not think that is a fair accessment of Thomas because if he was not injured he might also be out there.

I believe that Thomas was injured last off season (achilies if I remember correctly) as he is also injured now (hand).

Thomas just had the plate removed from his hand which is why he was not out with the guys the other day.

I do like Decker's work ethic. It is very good and he is constantly working out with someone.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                I do not think that is a fair accessment of Thomas because if he was not injured he might also be out there.

I believe that Thomas was injured last off season (achilies if I remember correctly) as he is also injured now (hand).

Thomas just had the plate removed from his hand which is why he was not out with the guys the other day.

I do like Decker's work ethic. It is very good and he is constantly working out with someone.
                He was also coming off an injury his rookie year too

Comment

if im not mistakened peyton said something about getting with DT next week in one of his interviews

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    But i also noticed i don't hear Thomas name mentioned. Either he aint there or they dont write about him. Im not questioning his work ethic or anything its just something I noticed is that of all the receivers decker is always the one thats seen putting in extra. Or maybe I just don't read enough.
                    If I remember right, when Peyton was on the radio he said Thomas was working out with them also.
                    sigpic
                    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                      If I remember right, when Peyton was on the radio he said Thomas was working out with them also.
                      And if he wasn't, I'm sure Peyton would be all over his bleep In attempt to get him out there.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                        Julius Thomas was, DT can't practice for a few more weeks, he just got the slint or whatever it was off his finger.

Comment

Maybe he is beating DT to the punch.Its good to get in good with the new QB,you will get more balls thrown your way than the other receivers not participating.They both can develop a chemistry early on.

Comment

This is gonna be interesting. PM is going to pick who he likes to throw to , and they will be close to the tops in the league. It might not end up being the guys we like right now. DT fit well when we counted on him beating a guy one on one, but we haven't seen him but through double coverage to get a big score, like Megatron does every single game. DT can be great, but he had better listen to every word out of PM's mouth and build his game around it.

Comment

Decker is smart. It takes time for a WR and QB to build the bond of trust and be on the same page.

Whoever puts the most work in with Peyton will probably be the most successful WR with him.

Ultimately we need two WR, one TE and a good RB plus backups who can all perform to a high level...maybe not elite level but high.

Then every week we can figure out who the defense wants to defend and give the other guys the ball.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X