Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

something i noticed about decker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I love Decker. I wore his sig that Charger$ made me very proudly.


    He's going to be a solid guy for our offense for years to come. Like Stokley was to Manning, Eddie Mac to Elway, and Welker for Brady..


    Very exciting

    Comment


    • #17
      yuck..

      Decker is no Eddie Mac
      soo many dropped balls last year.
      no speed
      cut him

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DieHard View Post
        Decker is no Eddie Mac
        soo many dropped balls last year.
        no speed
        cut him
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          All that extra work and he still dropped so many passes...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
            All that extra work and he still dropped so many passes...
            He will be fine. He started off the 2011 season on fire after he did put all that work in. Up to and including week 5 he was on par for a 70 catch season and on par for 851.2 recieving yards. And also 12.8 receiving touchdowns. He had never had drop problems in his career. Not in those 5 games at the start of 2011. Not as a rookie and never in college. He was regarded as sure handed. However all of that changed with Tebow at quarterback.

            Just like Eddie Royal also. Had the 3rd lowest drop percentage of any NFL wide receiver in his first 3 years. However in 2011 with Tebow at quarterback he dropped a good amount of passes.

            Decker has talked about the differences in catching balls from Tebow on the radio. The biggest think is tracking it in and the angle it is coming at. After all his years of playing football and tracking the ball from the quarterbacks right and then he has to catch it from the other side. And Tebow threw a pretty ugly ball which would have made it more difficult to catch. However he did have some ugly drops also. Some which should have been caught. I do agree with that.

            Decker will be fine catching passes. Just like he was in college and just like he was with Orton.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
              Decker is awesome. He might no be the fastest, or the strongest, or jump the highest. But he puts in work, and knows his stuff. That is exactly the kind of WR Peyton loves. I have a feeling Decker will be our leading receiver this year.
              agreed I think Manning will love Decker but hopefully he builds great relationship with all our WR's and Julius Thomas the kid looked impressive last off season
              Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                All that extra work and he still dropped so many passes...
                He only had 4 drops statistically, Decker will be just fine with Peyton.

                Calling it now, 100+ catches, 1000+ yds, for Decker.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Dreesen and Tamme were hired for a reason.

                  I expect PM to spread that ball around a lot. See lots of 2 TE sets.

                  I think we have a good chance to see this crew develop well together.

                  I think we wont see one guy standing out with receiving yardage..
                  there will be a lot of yards between a lof of guys..including the RB's.

                  Time will tell.
                  Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                  Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    He only had 4 drops statistically, Decker will be just fine with Peyton.

                    Calling it now, 100+ catches, 1000+ yds, for Decker.
                    Hope not.. 100 catches means too many balls thrown his way that I'd rather be tossed to playmakers like Thomas, Caldwell, Julius, or even Moreno

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Hope not.. 100 catches means too many balls thrown his way that I'd rather be tossed to playmakers like Thomas, Caldwell, Julius, or even Moreno
                      well more than likely if you get the ball that much, it's because you're moving the chains. I call that making plays.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by broncofanfromia View Post
                        well more than likely if you get the ball that much, it's because you're moving the chains. I call that making plays.
                        Bingo. Did Decker not make a ton of plays in the beginning of the year? Think of Cincy, Green Bay (2TDs), Oakland both times, San Diego, and Kansas City. Off the top of my head, he put up big touchdowns in each of those games.
                        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          Bingo. Did Decker not make a ton of plays in the beginning of the year? Think of Cincy, Green Bay (2TDs), Oakland both times, San Diego, and Kansas City. Off the top of my head, he put up big touchdowns in each of those games.
                          yup and i dont know why people say he has no speed, i cant tell you how many times he got behind defenders on long passes that Tebow couldnt hit him on or had knocked away from him because he was led properly
                          sigpic
                          -------

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            He's a hard worker! The only thing that worries me is he's getting married! Which might take away from football! Hope it doesn't get him down.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by trl187 View Post
                              He's a hard worker! The only thing that worries me is he's getting married! Which might take away from football! Hope it doesn't get him down.
                              Um......seriously?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X