Rate JD Walton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate JD Walton

After watching last season I had mixed opinions on JD Walton...the post season reviews also show mixed opinions on his performance from media and scouting.

I'm just wondering how much this had to do with conditioning and endurance...I mean when you have a QB who can make quick reads and throws it conserves tons of energy over the course of a game for an O-lineman...couple that with our very sophisticated blocking with our run game it had to take a toll on all our lineman.

What our your thoughts on our JD Walton?
    JD the future is now...Saturday would have been signed it otherwise
    22.68%
    JD needs to step up...we should draft a C for competition
    45.36%
    JD needs more time...Saturday should have mentored him for a year or so
    20.62%
    Blame JD's poor season on not having a pure pocket passer
    11.34%
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Needs to be at least pushed probably replaced

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
      Needs to be at least pushed probably replaced
      Hopefully,he gets better this season.Do you have anyone in mind within our reach we could sign at center,just wondering.I keep hearing we need and upgrade,and that JD keeps getting pushed around.

Comment

we won't be able to accurately judge him until midway thru the season. 3rd year coming up and now we will have someone who can run an offense on time and won't put as much pressure on the Oline.
        sigpic

Comment

Walton sucks.. We at least need competition for him.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

No offense but Walton sucks he needs to be replaced ASAP. He be good backup though just not starter material.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
              No offense but Walton sucks he needs to be replaced ASAP. He be good backup though just not starter material.
              I think the same thing could be said for Beadles.
              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I love how people have an opinion on a player playing offensive line. People say Walton sucks because analyst claim he graded as an awful center. How many of you forming opinions actually broke down his performance in each game. He was apart of a young unit that paved the way for the leagues #1 rushing attack. Walton can't be that bad. I for one am glad we didn't sign Saturday. I think we have a young solid line that needs to grow together and get better.
                sigpic

Comment

You rate DL & OL after 3 years, particularly when strength is a key component of how well they play.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    we won't be able to accurately judge him until midway thru the season. 3rd year coming up and now we will have someone who can run an offense on time and won't put as much pressure on the Oline.
                    Yup, hes still young. Its difficult to judge him as a player because of his inexperience. My take is JD seems decent enough of a run blocker to make it, but its his pass protection where hes struggling the most. Hes not particularly athletic, and a little short for my taste. I dont see a lot of upside with him, but I think he can be in the middle of the pack. The Broncos shouldnt look to upgrade over JD and I dont think they seriously will (Saturday deserves a mandatory vist). Adding a guy to push him would be a good idea. He has no serious competion. So at this point, we have to keep JD, and pray he works out. I think he will. Beadles on the other hand...

Comment

Both Walton and Beadles need to be replaced
                      they both seem to just get overpowered too often

maybe we could see how they do this year with a qb who gets the ball out of his hand quickly, but it is my opinion that neither have a future as a starter in the NFL

Comment

I did some stat research a while ago focusing on Orton and how many sacks he takes.

What I found is Peyton is exceptional...maybe best all time...in not taking sacks.

Walton, and the rest of the OL, will look better because of Manning.

I hope a full year with a real OL coach will help all of our OL.

Getting Saturday would have really helped our OL but not sure what it would have done to Walton. EFX made a call and considering how tight Saturday and Peyton were they must really believe they made the right one.

Imo the only thing the OL needs to do this year is not blow asignments, yea Franklin I am looking right at you!!!, and they will look better. Would have like to seen Saturday helping the maturity process but oh well no situation is perfect.
                        Last edited by Hadez; 03-31-2012, 05:29 AM.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Those who rely on PFF need to learn how to watch OL play and analyze what they think they see. The whole OL will be fine, including JD Walton and Zane Beadles.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't break down film or study an individual lineman for a whole game. What I do know from common sense is that it takes time and consistency for an offensive line to become good. They must play together and get used to each others' techniques and habits. Over time, they will work more instinctively and gel as a unit. Most of these players are young and I think they will improve, both individually and as a unit, the more they play together.
                            sigpic

Comment

Blocking for TT who predominantly runs up the middle on draws, definitely hampered his overall rating. Going into year 3 he'll be just fine. Already practicing with Peyton, so he is an all in anyway.

Reviewing tape should show 8 in the box jamming the middle. A lot of pressure for a 2nd year C. Think TT was able to help him know who to handle on what play, doubt it.
                              2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X