X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    By whom?

10 char
    Here are some tweets Cecil sent me about JD. Looks like the ratings came from Pro Football Focus.

@cecillammey: ITweeted this earlier,Pro Football Focus ranked JDW as 32nd in league, Saturday as 5th best LY

@cecillammey: @ ALSO, in film study Walton graded poorly out of college, scouts told me his ceiling was VERY low

Comment

He was rated the worst C in the league by a very credible rating group. I stand behind their evaluation.

Are we really that surprised?

Like anything McD did it was garbage! I said Moreno was garbage and an injury prone, fumble machine (attacked viciously for it because the team was 4-0 and on their way to 6-0). Orton, nuff said. Beadles sucks fierce. DT may turn into something if he can show he can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
        Here are some tweets Cecil sent me about JD. Looks like the ratings came from Pro Football Focus.

@cecillammey: ITweeted this earlier,Pro Football Focus ranked JDW as 32nd in league, Saturday as 5th best LY

@cecillammey: @ ALSO, in film study Walton graded poorly out of college, scouts told me his ceiling was VERY low
        See post #18 in this thread.

Why not study for yourself instead of letting someone else make up your mind for you?

If a rating has John Fox's name, Mike McCoy's name or Dave Magazu's name on it, I'll take it seriously. PFF? Never.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Who?

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
          He was rated the worst C in the league by a very credible rating group. I stand behind their evaluation.

Are we really that surprised?

Like anything McD did it was garbage! I said Moreno was garbage and an injury prone, fumble machine (attacked viciously for it because the team was 4-0 and on their way to 6-0). Orton, nuff said. Beadles sucks fierce. DT may turn into something if he can show he can stay healthy.
          PFF? Who says they're credible? Them?

Don't you guys know how to watch a football game and figure things out on your own? Why do you let someone else tell you what you're seeing? Can't you do that yourself?

Comment

PFF? Who says they're credible? Them?

Don't you guys know how to watch a football game and figure things out on your own? Why do you let someone else tell you what you're seeing? Can't you do that yourself?
            I usually dont rely on the rating services. However, since so many people pointed to them here in defense of themselves, I thought I would point to them.

Yes. I do watch football. Yes I do know what I am seeing. Yes I can figure things out for myself.

Unlike a great many around here I can post my own thoughts and opinions without following the masses.

Go back and check my history! I was telling people at 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 that McDaniels and the team weren't what people thought. I was posting just how bad Moreno is.

I have posted time and again just how bad Beadles AND WALTON are. There is a reason this team can't run to the left. There is a reason this team in GL doesn't try to run to the left.

SO instead of being an instigator when you post, why don't you post something relevant to the thread? If you are so damn brilliant, why don't you post your opinion of Walton. I would especially like to hear it if you think he is a decently rated C in your opinion!

Comment

Did someone say something?

Comment

Did someone say something?
                And you called BroncoDave the troll

Don't reply to my posts if you can't handle the replies and keep up. The fact is, as of now, WALTON SUCKS! Ratings services aren't needed to determine that.

Comment

Settling for Walton would be settling for mediocrity. A running QB makes pass protection easier for o linemen since defenses have to play to contain the QB. he could barely do that.

Double team? Can't even do that properly.

He has trouble selling the snap. Been that way since he was drafted. In the playoffs the Pats took advantage.

You guys who are defending him only give him credit for his run blocking. How many teams have had running QBs and NOT been able to run the ball?

With Orton under center, run blocking was non-existent.

He gives up pressure up the middle consistently. How many times has Tebow been flushed out of the pocket? A lot.

Same for Orton. Only he's too slow so he makes our tackles look bad once the DE chases him down.

Our QBs have not been able to step up in the pocket much with Walton under center. Manning will chew him out if this continues.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                    I usually dont rely on the rating services. However, since so many people pointed to them here in defense of themselves, I thought I would point to them.

Yes. I do watch football. Yes I do know what I am seeing. Yes I can figure things out for myself.

Unlike a great many around here I can post my own thoughts and opinions without following the masses.

Go back and check my history! I was telling people at 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 that McDaniels and the team weren't what people thought. I was posting just how bad Moreno is.

I have posted time and again just how bad Beadles AND WALTON are. There is a reason this team can't run to the left. There is a reason this team in GL doesn't try to run to the left.

SO instead of being an instigator when you post, why don't you post something relevant to the thread? If you are so damn brilliant, why don't you post your opinion of Walton. I would especially like to hear it if you think he is a decently rated C in your opinion!
                    So you say all our players suck... and our team sucks.

So that makes you creditable? I'm not really sure that's how it works.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Walton

I charted the plays of most of the games in 2011 and posted my observations.

Since I've been interested in O-Line play for a long time, I watched each guy on each play until I could see what he was doing.

Those who have played/coached the game know the truth of "There ain't a horse that's never been rode and ain't a cowboy that's never been throwed."

I can remember seeing an EZ view of Brian Urlacher being run over by Jerome Bettis on his way to a score. Does that mean he sucks?

My take on Walton is that he is a good run blocker who needs some work on his pass blocking. Since pass blocking is easier to coach and do than run blocking and he has a good position coach, he will improve in that area. Luke Richesson and staff will have their shot at working with each position group.

To say that the Broncos couldn't run to their left is as idiotic as saying Tebow couldn't throw while moving to his right. McGahee's longest run of the season was to the left, unbalanced line at Oakland, I believe. Tebow threw a TD pass while moving to his right, against Chicago, I think.

I would be glad to talk OL with anyone who knows the difference between a base, base away, down, fold, reach, scoop, influence, pull to trap/lead/kickout/seal. Instead, one guy reads and believes PFF and everyone else piles on the bandwagon.

To so many, the solution is always cut the player and fire the coach. That sentiment may come from those who have done neither.

Comment

Its all TEBOWS FAULT

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          So you say all our players suck... and our team sucks.

So that makes you creditable? I'm not really sure that's how it works.
                          Where did I say all our players suck?

Let me help you, Baked. I DIDN'T! Last time I checked there are 33 starters on a football team. Moreno, Orton, and Walton hardly make up the whole team

The point being made is there are many posters here who can't think and post for themselves. They follow the masses. The point is the unpopular opinion, even when it is shown to be the right opinion , is drowned out, criticized, attacked, and ridiculed by the masses. The only thing more disturbing than that is the massive amount of sterilizing to the threads themselves! The critical has often been removed.

What makes me credible is I don't buddy up with other posters. I don't troll threads telling people to go root for another team. I can post based on my own thoughts and opinions without regard to what is popular or what others think!

Then there are the bogus posts that don't add to the thread. That don't have a take on the topic. That put words in people's mouths. That don't have an opinion nor add to the discussion. Basically like yours above and most of yours.

Comment

Settling for Walton would be settling for mediocrity. A running QB makes pass protection easier for o linemen since defenses have to play to contain the QB. he could barely do that.

Double team? Can't even do that properly.

He has trouble selling the snap. Been that way since he was drafted. In the playoffs the Pats took advantage.

You guys who are defending him only give him credit for his run blocking. How many teams have had running QBs and NOT been able to run the ball?

With Orton under center, run blocking was non-existent.

He gives up pressure up the middle consistently. How many times has Tebow been flushed out of the pocket? A lot.

Same for Orton. Only he's too slow so he makes our tackles look bad once the DE chases him down.

Our QBs have not been able to step up in the pocket much with Walton under center. Manning will chew him out if this continues.
                            Very good points...but I cannot believe it is this extreme of an answer. I think our whole line was pretty bad with pass protection under Tebow...just to hard to protect with conviction when you have no idea what the Qb is going to do. Than you factor the enormous amount of energy consumed in trying to extend either throwing plays or block downfield with one of the most sophisticated running games...you can see why it would be easy to get run over and not hold up the point of attack, especially as the game wears on.

I think our O-line had an unfair amount put on them last year...there is no O-line in football the was asked to do so much in so little time like ours.

Not only will Manning allow our O-line to conserve more energy because of his quick reads and release...Manning will also demand perfectly executed plays, that will create a consistency and cohesiveness our line has not be able to demonstrate. When you have this going for you there is a sense of conviction and confidence that we have not seen since the Terell Davis/Elway years!

I think we truly cannot judge Walton until after this upcoming season. He has been through more than any young C probably ever has in one year:

- John Fox sophisticated run system
                            - Unpredictable/inconsistent QB
                            - very young line to execute all this with

If anything...I can't wait to see how mature mentally and physically our whole line is this year after going through such a grueling year. Last year's experience will make a huge growth impact on our entire line for this year...

Bank it!
                            "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
                              I think our whole line was pretty bad with pass protection under Tebow...just to hard to protect with conviction when you have no idea what the Qb is going to do.
                              The reality is the line was bad with Orton and Tebow. There were several occasions where Orton was sacked before getting to a 3rd step in a 3 step drop. Almost always the pressure came from the middle to left side of the line-Walton and Beadles.

Comment

Wakton's alright in pass protection, but didn't seem to do too well in run blocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X