• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    LOL. I'd cp you but I've been naughty.
    Man don't say that ..that's like telling someone I'd give you some money but I can't lol

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Lol @ last two comments
    LOL. I'd cp you but I've been naughty.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Lol @ last two comments

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    Originally posted by AirMax View Post
    where is the walton is terrible option
    It wasn't there, so I didn't vote.

Leave a comment:

• AirMax
    replied
    where is the walton is terrible option

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    I think the same thing could be said for Beadles.
    Yeah I agree.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    PFF is not a good source for OL evaluations/grades. Those interested in OL play should study and observe it for themselves and draw their own conclusions. I have done exactly that. Time will tell how much John Fox, Mike McCoy and Dave Magazu concur.

Leave a comment:

• Bradshaw3001
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Those who rely on PFF need to learn how to watch OL play and analyze what they think they see. The whole OL will be fine, including JD Walton and Zane Beadles.
    Beadles has shown glimpses, and I would not give up on him. Walton is a mess, though. I don't think he's a starting center in this league, physically or mentally. He was the worst-rated C in the league last year, and the fact that our offense audibled least of all teams doesn't bode well for any improvement this season for Walton, as he will have to make a lot of checks at the line, something that caused him major problems in his first season. In his first year, I've never seen a center miss assignments so consistently, even for a rookie. He is the starter that most needs to be replaced on either side of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Personally I think the kid deserves another shot before this conversation should even be held. I'm sorry but not everyone can be a first shot wonder like Von..

Let the kid develop

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Blocking for TT who predominantly runs up the middle on draws, definitely hampered his overall rating. Going into year 3 he'll be just fine. Already practicing with Peyton, so he is an all in anyway.

Reviewing tape should show 8 in the box jamming the middle. A lot of pressure for a 2nd year C. Think TT was able to help him know who to handle on what play, doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    I don't break down film or study an individual lineman for a whole game. What I do know from common sense is that it takes time and consistency for an offensive line to become good. They must play together and get used to each others' techniques and habits. Over time, they will work more instinctively and gel as a unit. Most of these players are young and I think they will improve, both individually and as a unit, the more they play together.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Those who rely on PFF need to learn how to watch OL play and analyze what they think they see. The whole OL will be fine, including JD Walton and Zane Beadles.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I did some stat research a while ago focusing on Orton and how many sacks he takes.

What I found is Peyton is exceptional...maybe best all time...in not taking sacks.

Walton, and the rest of the OL, will look better because of Manning.

I hope a full year with a real OL coach will help all of our OL.

Getting Saturday would have really helped our OL but not sure what it would have done to Walton. EFX made a call and considering how tight Saturday and Peyton were they must really believe they made the right one.

Imo the only thing the OL needs to do this year is not blow asignments, yea Franklin I am looking right at you!!!, and they will look better. Would have like to seen Saturday helping the maturity process but oh well no situation is perfect.
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-31-2012, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0Buster
    replied
    Both Walton and Beadles need to be replaced
    they both seem to just get overpowered too often

maybe we could see how they do this year with a qb who gets the ball out of his hand quickly, but it is my opinion that neither have a future as a starter in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• 7MileHIGH7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    we won't be able to accurately judge him until midway thru the season. 3rd year coming up and now we will have someone who can run an offense on time and won't put as much pressure on the Oline.
    Yup, hes still young. Its difficult to judge him as a player because of his inexperience. My take is JD seems decent enough of a run blocker to make it, but its his pass protection where hes struggling the most. Hes not particularly athletic, and a little short for my taste. I dont see a lot of upside with him, but I think he can be in the middle of the pack. The Broncos shouldnt look to upgrade over JD and I dont think they seriously will (Saturday deserves a mandatory vist). Adding a guy to push him would be a good idea. He has no serious competion. So at this point, we have to keep JD, and pray he works out. I think he will. Beadles on the other hand...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X