So right now how much do you like Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So right now how much do you like Von Miller

I know the Redskins did it for a QB and that is different then a All Pro level LB but still lets compare because that is one of the things that makes the NFL fun.

So it may not happen but for discussion sake lets say it would.

Would you take what the Redskins offered for this 2nd pick for Von Miller?

Sixth pick
    2nd round 2012
    2013 1st
    2014 1st
    Yes pull the trigger!
    19.82%
    No Von is worth more then picks!
    77.48%
    Other, explain if you want
    2.70%

The poll is expired.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I wouldn't just because Von is going to be a star in this league for many years and giving him up for a "what if" doesnt work for me... It would be really hard to turn down but seeing how good Von is i wouldnt risk having draft picks that could turn into busts.

Comment

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Since this is merely hypothetical, I would take that trade in a minute. The Redskins, way overpaid to move up 4 spots. They will probabably stink for the next couple of years due to them playing in the NFC East and well...they are the Redskins. One would expect them to be drafting in the top 10 for the next couple of years.

I am glad we drafted Miller, though!!!
        Last edited by qbronco; 04-01-2012, 07:31 AM. Reason: .
        sigpic

Comment

I find it hard to not pull the trigger.

2 first round picks from a team that will be(have been) in the top 10 every year...

Yeah I'll take those plus a 2nd and 6 for Von. Not saying I don't like Von, just that's a offer you can't/don't refuse.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Would be very tempting but no, I will stick with the player who lit it up his first year and has such huge potential tha I believe in.

Now if they wanted Manning instead maybe we could talk> Just kidding
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I'll take a proven star over a bunch of pieces of paper any day. Von was the best pick of the 2011 draft hands down, unquestionably.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                Since this is merely hypothetical, I would take that trade in a minute. The Redskins, way overpaid to move up 4 spots. They will probabably stink for the next couple of years due to them playing in the NFC East and well...they are the Redskins. One would expect them to be drafting in the top 10 for the next couple of years.

I am glad we drafted Miller, though!!!
                Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                I find it hard to not pull the trigger.

2 first round picks from a team that will be(have been) in the top 10 every year...

Yeah I'll take those plus a 2nd and 6 for Von. Not saying I don't like Von, just that's a offer you can't/don't refuse.
                Without blinking!

I totally agree with these statements.

Von Miller is going to me very good for a while, yet it is a position where durability is not given. Getting 4 impact players instead of one is a sweet deal, and only dropping 4 spots.

You have to question the sanity of the Redskins. The compensation is unreal. The Rams should be able to really build a monster team with those picks, and imagine what we could do when having Manning here. There would be amazing trades to be had with those picks.

Comment

Love Von, but would be tough to turn down...

Comment

Are they trading this for last years draft? The Redskins might not even select Von Miller. They probably would've selected Patrick Peterson and if Von Miller would've dropped a couple more spots to us!

but no.
                    sigpic

Comment

"A dog carrying a nice piece of meat that he had stolen, was crossing a log over a river on his way home. He saw his reflection in the water and saw another dog with a wonderful piece of meat in its mouth. The dog thought it was another dog and he wanted that piece of meat also. So he snapped at it greedily. However, when he did this, he dropped the piece he had and the reflection disappeared as well."

-Aesop

Comment

I love Von but let's face it; Did any of us know who Von Miller was before EFX drafted him? Redskins pick in the top 10 about every year, one player is not going to change that. The trade would have allowed us to go into the playoffs and still pick in the top 10. for a few years.
                        sigpic

Comment

As Elway said last year, Von is a kind of prospect that comes along once every 10 years. You don't give that up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                            I love Von but let's face it; Did any of us know who Von Miller was before EFX drafted him? Redskins pick in the top 10 about every year, one player is not going to change that. The trade would have allowed us to go into the playoffs and still pick in the top 10. for a few years.
                            I did. I watched him wreck my Longhorns every single year.

I was a huge advocate of drafting him, especially over PP7.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'm pretty sure denver did get offered a 'warchest' of picks from atlanta as they tried to move up for AJ Green. As we know EFX decided to turn it down and took Von Miller as he's a once in a decade sort of player.

When you look at the number of mid to late first round picks that don't meet expectations you have to think that its better just to take the blue chip player.

Comment

Working...
                              X