X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheNepaliStalli
    replied
    Originally posted by MR.ORANGE
    yah but that is the only good player on our team if he cant play then we will lose
    Wait...you must not like the Broncs too much...ONLY good player??? I guess Rod Smith and Jake Plummer have no bearing. And Mike anderson, Ian Gold, Trevor Pryce, well, they are no good...Ed Mccaffery can't catch, and shannon sharpe sucks??

/\ By the way, that was sarcasm /\

I don't think Shanahan made a wise move, but he's not a bad coach because of it. this is the same shanahan that used a migraine hurting TD in Super Bowl 32 as a decoy...and no one gave him flak about the"risk of TD gettin hurt" He's a great coach, I just think in this case he made a preventable mistake, because we didn't NEED to run the ball anymore.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
    Teams like the Chiefs and the Patriots, they win the close games,
    Chiefs versus Broncos...clip
    Pats versus Broncos...Lelie dropped pass

so getting dominated most of those games and sneaking out a victory by one single miscue makes Billichek and Crybaby good winning coaches?

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanjp
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunk
    He HAD to carry the ball early...yes you can get hurt any time, but to get hurt when it was COMPLETELY unecessary is ridiculous. Did those 3 extra yards make a difference for Elam? If they REALLY wanted to get closer why did they kick on 2nd down after Portis got hurt?
    I thought they ran the ball 2or 3 times too many. Once they got inside the twenty the first time I thought they should have kicked it. Sure, no kick is for sure but Elam is a money kicker(190/204 inside 40 yards). I was more worried about a fumble than a blocked or missed kicked. Then look what happens!CP gets hurt. Yeah, he could get hurt on any play but what the hell do we have Elam for? Extra points? Kick the freaking ball! Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosZBlitz
    replied
    Mike Shanahan may be a good strategic coach but he doesn't teach this team how to win(with the exception of today's game which probably has more to do with Plummer than him). This has been a very poor clutch team over the past few years. Teams like the Chiefs and the Patriots, they win the close games, which is why they're leading the divisions, and why this team is fighting for a playoffs spot.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine
    replied
    There are lots of people that are really not football people on these boards. Did some of you guys learn from Madden 2004.

NEWS FLASH for some of you who arent alright with Shanahan.

It was a tight game and Portis was the only guy that has been proving to be a sure thing every Sunday. Shanahan did what he felt needed to be done to ensure a win. THat is what coaches are supposed to do.

You guys that are against Shanahan are barking up the wrong tree. I am still waiting for someone to reasonably tell me who is going to be a better asset to the team than Shanahan.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Shanny is da man....his system works, there's no suprise that every running back that has entered Mike Shannahan's system is successful...Olandis Gary, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis... the Offensive line is the BEST in the NFL and every RB that leaves Denver ends up sucking...Olandis Gary, now with Detroit, doesn't look all good like he did here.. Anderson just got beat out by Portis, we know TD's situation...and Portis (I keep saying this but) is a good back but is nothing without the NFL's best offensive line...they get injured but we replace them and say no more...

Leave a comment:

• MR.ORANGE
    replied
    yah but that is the only good player on our team if he cant play then we will lose

Leave a comment:

• Elway7John
    replied
    I can't believe this is still going on there was absolutely NO WAY Shanahan could have known Portis could have been injured and some of you say there's a RISK bullshyt, if there's a risk then there's a risk every damn time he runs the ball. Just drop it Shanahan didn't do shyt he just gave the Broncos a better chance plus Elam despite him being probably the best kicker career wise ever has missed some imperative shots to win games especially last year so shut up already.

Leave a comment:

• Orange&Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
    We kicked B/C Portis got hurt. A FG is never a certainty. Plus, that run was to move the ball to the center of the field. makes it easier for the kicker rather than kicking from the hash.
    EXACTLY!!! FGs, even 20+ yarders are not guaranteed. It's easy to say now that the game is over and hindsight is 20/20, to say we shouldn't have played him because he only gained 3 yards and got hurt. Doesn't work that way.

Leave a comment:

• JETBOATRICH
    replied

lets hope all is good with CP, I thought once close kick it then when CP made the first downs and ran so well for a few more carries I said WTF lets get a TD then

Never know

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    Anyone can arm chair

I did think that it would have been smart to kick on 2nd because they were close and if something happened they still have two plays to get it done. My thoughts had nothing to do with injury. As was said it could have been like TD, in the first part of the game!!

WE WON!!!! and that's what counts!!!

Leave a comment:

• orang/blu in LA
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunk
    He HAD to carry the ball early...yes you can get hurt any time, but to get hurt when it was COMPLETELY unecessary is ridiculous. Did those 3 extra yards make a difference for Elam? If they REALLY wanted to get closer why did they kick on 2nd down after Portis got hurt?
    We kicked B/C Portis got hurt. A FG is never a certainty. Plus, that run was to move the ball to the center of the field. makes it easier for the kicker rather than kicking from the hash.

Leave a comment:

• Lunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Elway7John
    replied
    Originally posted by jocool
    No, Mike should get no blame for his game calling, it was a game ending injury! Lets hope Portis is ok, and not play the blame game!
    That statement should end this convo.

Leave a comment:

• jocool
    replied
    No, Mike should get no blame for his game calling, it was a game ending injury! Lets hope Portis is ok, and not play the blame game!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X