Anyway to meet players at away games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to meet players at away games?

I live near Cincinnati and am waiting for the tickets to be released for sale and wondering if there was a chance of meet and greet special tickets I can purchase from the Broncos themselves or should I just buy basic tickets from the Bengals website and wait to see? Any feedback would help!

Thanks!
    Ceejay

Originally posted by clutz25 View Post
    I live near Cincinnati and am waiting for the tickets to be released for sale and wondering if there was a chance of meet and greet special tickets I can purchase from the Broncos themselves or should I just buy basic tickets from the Bengals website and wait to see? Any feedback would help!

Thanks!
    Ceejay
    I got field passes last time Denver played in Atl. You get there early watch them get loose run around in there sweats. I wore a Marshall jersey and cutler jersey. When cutler was near I'd take off my Marshall jersey to try and get him to sign, but he wouldn't even look over at us and we where 10 ft from him. Marshall though came over and signed my Marshall jersey and shook my hand. Got some really great pics from that day but was disappointed in Cutler. I mean you are on the road and got fans 10 ft from you in your jersey and he won't even look at you let alone sign it.

To get those passes you gotta have a connection from a major sponsor of the team or stadium.

Comment

I'm not sure. It think it is really hit or miss. I was at Buffalo, and I saw some guys shaking hands with Von Miller and company. I guess it is really right place at right time.
      sigpic

Comment

Storm the field?
        sigpic
        Thanks, MHS!

Comment

When I was there there was only about 30 regular people there. They let us in around 8am for a 1pm game. I think the gate opened at 11am..
          I should hopefully Be able to do it again this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan46 View Post
            Storm the field?

I'll bring my birthday suit!

Thanks JL, Ive been told to just head over to the hotel they are staying at. That is the best chance, however, I'm not sure what the rules are or anything. I dont necessarily want autographs or anything, just a chance to meet, say hey, and get to know them individually.

Comment

My wedding night I stayed in the same hotel as the Stl Rams and Chi Bulls. Rode the elevator with Chris Myers fox analyst and the coach of the bulls forgot his name.
              Sunday moring I tried to talk to the lplayers as they where getting on their bus and their PR guy or whatever he was told me to leave them alone and was a jerk. Saw all
              The players though for the rams witch was cool like Stephen Jackson who wasn't very tall but was a block of muscles.

Good luck

Comment

Stalk the teams hotel, that would be a good start
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clutz25 View Post
                  I'll bring my birthday suit!

Thanks JL, Ive been told to just head over to the hotel they are staying at. That is the best chance, however, I'm not sure what the rules are or anything. I dont necessarily want autographs or anything, just a chance to meet, say hey, and get to know them individually.
                  You're not gonna get the chance to "get to know them"....

Maybe a handshake or a hello. (if you're lucky)

Also, after the game, wait by where the players walk from the stadium to the buses. Sometimes you can get lucky there.
                  Where is this season going?

Comment

We have been to a couple of Colts away games (Atl, St. Louis). Peyton will sometimes stop at the tunnel after the game and talk to fans. I have seen him throw his wristbands to kids.

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                      I got field passes last time Denver played in Atl. You get there early watch them get loose run around in there sweats. I wore a Marshall jersey and cutler jersey. When cutler was near I'd take off my Marshall jersey to try and get him to sign, but he wouldn't even look over at us and we where 10 ft from him. Marshall though came over and signed my Marshall jersey and shook my hand. Got some really great pics from that day but was disappointed in Cutler. I mean you are on the road and got fans 10 ft from you in your jersey and he won't even look at you let alone sign it.

To get those passes you gotta have a connection from a major sponsor of the team or stadium.
                      I was there before the Atlanta game and I remember Marshall coming over to the fans. I got some great pics but didn't get an autograph. He seemed genuinely excited to greet the fans. He's the only player I remember coming over.

Comment

I got Von Millers autograph on my jersey in Minnesota last year.

Weber, Royal, Tebow, and Doom were also signing autographs for a short period after warm ups, but I couldn't get theirs.. I was hoping for Vons though so I had a smile on my face for days!

Comment

I'm going to Cincinnati again this year. In 2009 Elvis signed my jersey for me there after the game. He told me he would signed it after the game and came across the field after the craziness of the holy stokley play, signed my jersey and bronco flag.

How can you get in the stadium earlier? buy suite tickets?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I've been to a bunch of different road games, and I've managed to get pics and autographs at the hotel they were staying at a lot of times. I know I met them in San Diego, Green Bay, Kansas City, and Houston. Usually we'd just ask people around town where the visiting teams stay, or we'd ask a cab driver because they usually know. And then we get about 3 different hotels, so we call each hotel and say " Where can I go to get pictures and talk to some of the players." .. And they'll either say " Theres no teams staying here tonight", or they might actually tell you where is a good place to go and meet them. Then we know that thats where they are staying

Never had field passes and stuff, but thats where you can meet a lot of them. They even stay at a certain hotel for home games, but you cant take pictures or anything there. Usually I go there before each home game, just to wish them luck or have a quick chat with them. I usually find it more fun to just talk with the players then to get autographs and stuff. I don't like to seem like a little fan boy.

But good luck
                            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I have a got a hook up at a swanky SD area hotel that the NFL teams stay at. I have hit it up before. I will just wait in the bar the day before the game and I get any autographs that I am after
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X