Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having problems letting go their hatred of Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having problems letting go their hatred of Manning?

Those playoff games in 03 and 04 (or so) where we got killed, I have hated him ever since. I am having a hard time not hating him even as a bronco.

I hope when he officially wears a bronco uniform, it will dissipate.

No..............
    Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
    Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
    "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
    Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
      No..............
      well then, good for you! :thumb:

Comment

Nope... not in the slightest...

Excited as hell to see the season start.

Comment

lol, my 2nd favorite team is the Pats... I have spent the last 14 seasons hating Manning's guts. It hasn't been an easy transition for me. It still is definitely not complete. I am not sure it will be unless we get another Lombardi.

Comment

I did at first. Have always had deep hate for him since those butt whippings! So much so I loved watching him lose.

But, what can you do?! It's like getting into a fist fight and afterwards having a beer with the guy you just mixed it up with.

Comment

I don't understand how this can be so easy for some people. You wont cringe when he does the thing where he walks up to the center from a shotgun formation and waves his arms around, and then goes back to shotgun for the snap?

Ahhh makes me sick thinking of it.

But I am sure I will be over it once he plays games with the broncos.

Comment

Yes. I can't let it go. I just cant stand the guy. Plus he looks horrible in uniform. Hopefully we rip off 6 or 7 wins in a row so maybe I can let it go.

I can't believe some have already bought Manning jerseys. Dude just doesn't seem like a Bronco to me, and I bet the years he plays for us are forgotten soon after like Montana's years in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                  I don't understand how this can be so easy for some people. You wont cringe when he does the thing where he walks up to the center from a shotgun formation and waves his arms around, and then goes back to shotgun for the snap?

Ahhh makes me sick thinking of it.

But I am sure I will be over it once he plays games with the broncos.
                  When that is followed with a perfect pass to Decker for 6.... I don't think many will have issues with it.

Comment

I always hated playing against Manning he always tore our D up but I never hated him as a person. Glad he's on the good side now
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

My hate for him on the field actually disipated a lot last year when he wasn't playing... I always liked him as a person off the field, but hated him on it because he wasn't ours.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Although I was p.o.'d about the playoff losses I have admired Peyton for a long time. I think he is a stand up guy, he gets the job done and isn't a thug like other NFL QB's.

Now if we had acquired Tom Brady, that would be a different story. For some reason I want to punch him right in the uterus so hard Gisselle will feel it. lol

Comment

I found it pretty easy to root for the guy now that he is a Bronco...

with all the questions we had at QB having one of the best QB's of all time come into that roll it was an easy transition.

Plus it's not like he was ever a 'bad' guy yes he beat us but you have/had to respect him for how well he plays the game.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                            Those playoff games in 03 and 04 (or so) where we got killed, I have hated him ever since. I am having a hard time not hating him even as a bronco.

I hope when he officially wears a bronco uniform, it will dissipate.
                            There are definitely a few of us having an issue with this, others just seem to go with whoever puts on the uniform. I hope it pans out or Rivers may be next :brick: Been hating him as long as Manning.

I'm going to hope EFX knows what the hell they're doing.
                            [sigpic

Comment

How can anyone seriously hate Manning? He has always been a stand up professional. Did I like losing to him, of course not, but hate him, absolutely not.

Comment

Working...
                              X