No announcement yet.

Where Were You When You Found Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on my computer, just doing my twitter thing. All of a sudden "15 new tweets" and I'm thinking, oh man, something is going down. So I hit refresh and there was Mort's tweet saying "Manning to Denver....more coming on Sportscenter"

My dad came home from work that exact second and I ran outside and started yelling "We got Manning, We got Manning!" haha he's a Seahawks fans so it made it even better.
    sigpic
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Just woke up and went onto espn and saw a article before my eyes. Was happy with the choice he made.

Comment

In my kitchen making my Metamucil and watching Sportscenter. I felt like, ugh, here we go with the circus again...... And I knew Timmy was a goner either way, so I was already past that. I did win $100 bucks in a small pool bet on where he'd go and when he'd announce it. Then I got a call from my oldest friend, who's a lifelong Raider fan btw, trying to convince me why Manning is a good move. Didn't work, lol! But I am looking forward to the season and seeing how this pans out with my own eyes.
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          In class. In between classes pretty much everyone I knew told me about it, the majority of them being Chargers or Raiders fans, and me being the well known minority.
          I was also in a classroon at an auto body paint certification in Reno NV. When my texting alert woudn't stop the instructor asked me if I needed to take the message. I announced to the class with mixed reviews that Manning was now a Bronco officially. The instructor stunned us all by saying, "he's a football player isn't he?"

For the rest of the course I was asked every morning if there were any football developments we should be informed about before getting started.
          [sigpic

Comment

Was on a business trip to middle east, refreshing NFL.com from my hotel room in the middle of a desert

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              In class. In between classes pretty much everyone I knew told me about it, the majority of them being Chargers or Raiders fans, and me being the well known minority.
              I was also in a classroon at an auto body paint certification in Reno NV. When my texting alert woudn't stop the instructor asked me if I needed to take the message. I announced to the class with mixed reviews that Manning was now a Bronco officially. The instructor stunned us all by saying, "he's a football player isn't he?"

For the rest of the course I was asked every morning if there were any football developments we should be informed about before getting started.
              [sigpic

Comment

In my car driving to an appointment. I thought someone shot Klatt with the gun from the movie Orgazmo!!

Thrilled to see Peyton in a town I can go see him play.
                Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

I saw it come across twitter about 2 minutes before a conference call I had to attend.

I was pretty worthless on the call, all smiles and giddy

Comment

I was between classes at UH when I got the text update from Schef. I let out a little celebration and a few people gave me looks, and I said "Manning's going to the Broncos!"

They didn't care.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I was at my house watching ESPN getting ready to leave, when I heard Bucigross say "Peyton Manning has instructed his agent to finilaze negotiation with(at this point my heart rate was near death level) the Denver Broncos" after a series of yells, whichay have included some profanity, I cancelled my plans and celebrated. I actually yelled so loud I scared the dog, and he started barking out of fear.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I had left to go to the store and came back after 10 mins, opened up the internet and saw on my internet home page "BREAKING NEWS: Peyton Manning to play for Denver Broncos"
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I was listening to sports radio in the car when I heard. Was relieved as a Peyton fan that he made a good choice.

As a side note, I didn't read the whole thing, obviously - but that 20,000 + reply thread on Manning possibly coming to the Broncos was a hoot to look through.

Comment

Was running errands listening to espn and got out to go into a pawn shop to look at guns and no more than 2 minutes later got a text from my buddy saying "congrats on manning"... I ran to my car and turned on espn radio cause I thought he was kidding... I then proceeded to freak out..

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                              I was listening to sports radio in the car when I heard. Was relieved as a Peyton fan that he made a good choice.

As a side note, I didn't read the whole thing, obviously - but that 20,000 + reply thread on Manning possibly coming to the Broncos was a hoot to look through.
                              Ya we had T-shirts, my favorite T-shirt was during a panic mode and some said "Ive sat through 15k manning posts and all I got was Tannehill"

Comment

Originally posted by jaytea11 View Post
                                Was running errands listening to espn and got out to go into a pawn shop to look at guns and no more than 2 minutes later got a text from my buddy saying "congrats on manning"... I ran to my car and turned on espn radio cause I thought he was kidding... I then proceeded to freak out..
                                Gun store+Freakout= Prison time

Comment

Working...
                                X