Von Miller On NFL Network - 4/11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller On NFL Network - 4/11/12

Von Miller was in the studio on the NFL Network's Total Access show, and just said he looks forward to play the Carolina Panthers because of Cam Newton. Von had 11.5 sacks last season, and gave his take on the 'State Of The Franchise' segment on the NFLN.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 04-11-2012, 11:51 PM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:

Starting to hate NFLN...it's always the same crap

They asked Von the exact same questions they did last time he was on there

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...Denver-Broncos

Here's a direct link.
      sigpic
      DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Thx for posting

I've been reading these slow moving boards today trying get my Broncos fix - this time of year is sooooooo slow

Thank god we had yet another exciting offseason this year though.

Anyway little did I know there was a Peyton Manning vid on the db site

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...3-c9a929085cb6

This vid reminded me that only next week the team will start workouts --- get ready everyone -- fasten your seatbelts -- it's going to be a wild ride -- and I'm saying that after last year!
        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Panthers fans reactions:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...-total-access/

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
            Man...some really cocky fans over there regarding Newton hahaha

Comment

They make it seem like,Von Miller was disrespecting Cam Newton...All Von Miller said was he was looking forward to playing against him and they act like he was dissing him....
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                Man...some really cocky fans over there regarding Newton hahaha
                Panthers fans really have no sense of perspective. Newton is good, but good God, when you have the O-line, running game, tight end tandem and playmaking WR, it's not that hard to look good.

Not discrediting his rookie year...he had some good numbers.

And yeah, didn't Von molest Cam in the Pro Bowl? I know it was the Pro Bowl, but it's not like one player was trying harder than another.

Comment

This little quote got me from Carolina:

Agree. Matthews is much better than Miller and if he cnt, I see no way Miller will. I also thought that Aldon Smith should've won Defensive Rookie of the Year instead of Miller.
                  Seriously? Because Matthews didn't get to Newton in one game, Miller won't?

And Aldon Smith should've won? Alright Panthers fans, you need a reality check.

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                    This little quote got me from Carolina:

Seriously? Because Matthews didn't get to Newton in one game, Miller won't?

And Aldon Smith should've won? Alright Panthers fans, you need a reality check.
                    You'll have to excuse them. They haven't had a legit franchise QB in their history.

And I may be in the minority, but I think Cam's days are numbered. 1) He's not going to be able to run like he does with that build without blowing an ACL. 2) I honestly don't think he's smart enough to be an elite passing threat consistently for years to come. If you'll look at the offense the Panthers ran, it was basically what we did with Tebow...except Cam has more of the physical tools in terms of arm strength and footwork and mechanics. Cam still didn't run a "pro-style" offense. It was a lot of shotgun, 1 read and a check down offenses.

It'll only be a matter of time before teams figure him out. I also think he would get destroyed in the playoffs.

Call me crazy. I just don't think that the "hey, go deep" ad-lib style is a long term solution. Of course, I live in Panthers country and am tired of hearing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      Starting to hate NFLN...it's always the same crap

They asked Von the exact same questions they did last time he was on there
                      I feel you, but it's gotta be hard to dedicate a network to an offseason.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                        ...that's some funny stuff..

I mean I know fans can get carried away with things, like DTs on these boards, but that's insane..

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          I feel you, but it's gotta be hard to dedicate a network to an offseason.
                          I'd come up with such better discussions and topics

And play some DIFFERENT highlights plz...hate how they play the exact same reels every time

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                            Panthers fans really have no sense of perspective. Newton is good, but good God, when you have the O-line, running game, tight end tandem and playmaking WR, it's not that hard to look good.

Not discrediting his rookie year...he had some good numbers.

And yeah, didn't Von molest Cam in the Pro Bowl? I know it was the Pro Bowl, but it's not like one player was trying harder than another.
                            What are you talking about. Cam did a lot last year with minimal talent. The guy is a beast and will only get better. I didn't read what panthers boards to see what they said about Von but come on man, give respect where respect is due.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                              And I may be in the minority, but I think Cam's days are numbered. 1) He's not going to be able to run like he does with that build without blowing an ACL. 2) I honestly don't think he's smart enough to be an elite passing threat consistently for years to come. If you'll look at the offense the Panthers ran, it was basically what we did with Tebow...except Cam has more of the physical tools in terms of arm strength and footwork and mechanics. Cam still didn't run a "pro-style" offense. It was a lot of shotgun, 1 read and a check down offenses.

It'll only be a matter of time before teams figure him out. I also think he would get destroyed in the playoffs.

Call me crazy. I just don't think that the "hey, go deep" ad-lib style is a long term solution. Of course, I live in Panthers country and am tired of hearing about him.
                              Cam was great at throwing the football down the field. To all areas of the field. He showed so much potential. There is every reason to be so excited by him after year one if you are a fan of the team he plays for a fan of his personally. I didn't really like him coming out. However he is one of the most exciting individuals to watch. He is a freak. And you can say he is not smart and all that but in year one he showed to really understand and learn and progress in playing football. And what do you mean figure him out ? He throws the ball. He got it done with his arm. I don't have stats but it wasn't like he ran a bunch of trick plays and option plays using his legs.

Also his style of football was not just "hey go deep" or "ad-lib football" at all. He was a pocket passer last year who also got it done by moving around as well. He looked great in a lot of areas. he had some games with high pick numbers but if you are a fan of the Panthers you have to be very excited for the future. If they can fix that defense during the off season. I think they can come close to a wild card spot.

Honestly it sounds sort of petty and quite honestly really really pathetic to say with that talent around him on offense it is easy to look good. Well he played great. I bet if Clausen was in there or Anderson were in there they would not have looked anywhere near as good. The year before Clausen had similar targets. Minus the tightends however he had the same running game behind him. He had Steve Smith. Saying or implying he only looked good cause of the people around him is wrong and pathetic.
                              Last edited by johnlimburg; 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X