Opinions on Rahim Moore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    Goodell's probably gonna start group counseling sessions for players who had to hit somebody too hard in the line of duty. Help the players deal with the emotional trauma they experienced.

The sad part, is that I may be right... I really can't stand that guy.
    You and me both.
    sigpic

Comment

I like his instincts and believe he can be a solid safety for us - it is a tough position (unless you are elite out of college - e.g. Berry). I think Moore will take large strides forward this year, as will our other DBs.

Also, with Manning torching them and being the practice perfectionist he is it can only help these guys get ready for the Brady/Rivers/Palmer types.

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
        I like his instincts and believe he can be a solid safety for us - it is a tough position (unless you are elite out of college - e.g. Berry). I think Moore will take large strides forward this year, as will our other DBs.

Also, with Manning torching them and being the practice perfectionist he is it can only help these guys get ready for the Brady/Rivers/Palmer types.
        Palmer?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
          Remember that interception against Green Bay? Then the hit against Buffalo, and finally the fumble recovery his first ever play against Oakland.

That's 3 :thumb:
          Ok so a pick that was thrown right to him that most HS Safeties can make, a preseason hit that doesnt count, and picking up a fumble that someone else created gives you hope that he is a player? 3 plays out of 500ish???

Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
          This is absolutely ridiculous. Teams don't cut players just because they had a less-than-stellar rookie season. Elway and Manning both sucked their rookie years. Oh and there's this guy Troy Polamalu, you might have heard of him. His rookie year he had just 38 tackles and no picks. At least give the guy a full offseason before you write him off..

The difference between who you mentioned is that those players showed something.....Moore didnt show anything. He didnt just lose his starting job, he was buried behind undrafted players and a 5th round pick. That is so telling that once they saw what kinda player he was he was at the bottom of the depth chart (and for the record is was a weak group). That is pretty telling about what they think of him as a player....And you absolutely get rid of a player that you do not think is going to amount to anything
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            Palmer?
            Will throw a lot this year and is someone we have to play twice a year. Can put up big numbers... maybe a stretch to be put with Brady/Rivers, but will let it rip if healthy - they can be an explosive group... and I am still thinking back to the Raiders (pre-Palmer) pummeling us in 2010.

Comment

What is it with all you people talking about "developing" Rahim Moore?

Well, here is Fox's decision on Rahim Moore.

First, they draft him in the second round. You expect a 2nd round draft pick to be an immediate contributor and future solid starter if not Pro-Bowl player for your team.

He started, got sent to the bench in favor of total scrubs/late round draft picks, started again and utterly failed to impress his rookie year.

Then EFX signs Mike Adams at $4 million to come in and replace Moore at FS.

There's simply NO WAY they sign a FA to come in for that kind of money if they think Moore just "needs to develop."

If they believed that they would sign somebody for a lot less money to come in and be a backup and work with Moore in the off-season.

Notice that's what they ARE doing with Franklin, Beadles and Walton, all of whom struggled last year. But the Broncos failed to sign any FAs to take their jobs and they will all probably be starting again this season (unless Denver uses its first round pick on an OL).

Rahim Moore is looking like another LB Terry Pierce -- a busted 2nd round pick who will be a bench sitting backup for for the remainder of his contract and then be released. He will then get another chance with some other team and probably disappear.

Could he turn it around? Sure. But there's no sign EFX expects him to do so.
              Last edited by Cugel; 04-16-2012, 01:25 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

So now second round draft picks are to immediately contribute if not become starters or pro-bowlers or they are busts? The standard seems to get higher and higher every year. I feel sorry for the 4th round pick this year if he doesnt make offensive or defensive rookie of the year! Safety is a position that has to be learned, especially if your a cover safety. Couple that with no OTAs, and your first experience is training camp, then depending on the defense run you might or might not be ready, which he clearly was not last year. I think you have to give him a year with an actual offseason to judge whether or not he will make it.
                There is no plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Grad53 View Post
                  So now second round draft picks are to immediately contribute if not become starters or pro-bowlers or they are busts? The standard seems to get higher and higher every year. I feel sorry for the 4th round pick this year if he doesnt make offensive or defensive rookie of the year! Safety is a position that has to be learned, especially if your a cover safety. Couple that with no OTAs, and your first experience is training camp, then depending on the defense run you might or might not be ready, which he clearly was not last year. I think you have to give him a year with an actual offseason to judge whether or not he will make it.
                  To answer your first question yes. A second round pick should be someone that could potentially start and at the very least make some kind of impact on the field.

Comment

A second round pick that starts the first year may not depend on his talent level, in the case of the Broncos it was lack of depth at the position, others may not make it into the starting line up due to excessive depth. Other things to consider is the depth of the position in the draft, last draft there were pleny of QBs taken higher than predicted just due to teams making a run on the position, and other teams not wanting to be left out. How many second round WRs, QBs, and other position players dont see the starting line up their rookie seasons? Yet most fans dont yell that they are busts. But they still dont make an immediate impact on the team. I buy the if your a 1st round pick you should immediately contribute (other than QB) but not any of the other picks. Moore was called a ballhawk when drafted, and yea, his play seemed to fall off during the season, but it was still his rookie season and he wasnt an elite safety drafted in the first round.
                    There is no plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      To answer your first question yes. A second round pick should be someone that could potentially start and at the very least make some kind of impact on the field.
                      I believe that you can only expect first round guys to make an immediate impact. 2nd - 4th round, you can only hope that they start making in impact when they get more comfortable with the speed of the game.

I really only expect those guys to be solid (not-standout) special teamers for the first year. If they turn into a legitimate starter, well that's just fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Grad53 View Post
                        It isnt so much that he wasnt a great player from the get go....The problem is that there isnt one area of his game that you can look at and say that there is hope there. There is no point of his game that is anywhere near NFL caliber. EFX sees this and that is why Moore is buried behind our scrub safeties
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I think the Broncos took the two best safties in the draft last year. Neither of them had any offseason work and could not spend any time with the coaches until after the lockout.

Give them a chance to learn to be a player in the NFL before you just throw them under the bus and step on the gas.

Patience my friends
                          sigpic
                          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

never base a player's future career based on their first year in a new system/league/level. That goes for any type of football really, college, highschool & pro. I'll keep the faith in Rahim

Comment

[QUOTE=japfaff;4388511]Ok so a pick that was thrown right to him that most HS Safeties can make, a preseason hit that doesnt count, and picking up a fumble that someone else created gives you hope that he is a player? 3 plays out of 500ish???

Lmbo because this is so true lol

Comment

Working...
                              X