X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis... Sprained Rt. Knee and Ankle

initial X-Rays negative

I sure hope so (just a sprain).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

hopefully that shuts up all those people blaming Shanahan for running
      sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

I'm not sure how that would shut them up. Its not a good thing.
        A sprain can take a LONG time to heal.

We really had no business running, since elam was about 100% from that distance in his career, but I'm not gonna get into that.

What matters MOST, is will he be ready after Indy for Green Bay! Most likely, we can get by with splitting these away games. As long as Baltimore helps us out and wins their division (Bengals need to go on a losing streak), and Miami loses its game tonight (or is it Monday?).

Comment

Originally posted by SD-BlueCheese
          What matters MOST, is will he be ready after Indy for Green Bay! Most likely, we can get by with splitting these away games. As long as Baltimore helps us out and wins their division (Bengals need to go on a losing streak), and Miami loses its game tonight (or is it Monday?).
          Miami plays Philly on Monday Night. We really need Portis to be healthy for those games....and every game here on out. I wonder if this scare will force us to throw the ball more...
          Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

X-Rays are NEGATIVE... thats a good sign...

Yes Sprains can take a long time to heal depending on how bad the sprain is... btw, where did you get these news?

Comment

You know....how the heck can you get two sprains in your leg?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

38 F-ing carries and now an injured Portis

We are a pretty sorry team if Portis has to be used this much. This is absolutely absurd... I mean what is the point of this. The only answer would be that the rest of the offensive weapons are not coming forth to execute at their position. Shanahan has to do what ever is working at the time, especially in such a close game like this one was. I just think the offense is struggling big time. Even last week it was all Portis. How is it possible that he is the whole team. I am pissed.

Comment

I agree. It seems like the past few weeks C.P. has carried this team on his back. Other guys have to step up, but it seems as if only Portis and Sharpe can make plays. Lelie came up big today, but he has really struggled as of late and Rod doesn't look like the same player Griese hooked up with all those times. Now with C.P. injured or worse, it's gut check time for the rest of the team.

Comment

I can't understand why you could be pissed. TD carried the ball 42 times in game against the Bills in '97. It was overtime and most coaches will play field position. You don't throw unless its necessary. I was always taught that when you pass the ball three things can happen and two of them are bad. Besides Plummer played alright he just didn't throw any td pass which is the first time since the first game of the season.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      I can't understand why you could be pissed. TD carried the ball 42 times in game against the Bills in '97. It was overtime and most coaches will play field position. You don't throw unless its necessary. I was always taught that when you pass the ball three things can happen and two of them are bad. Besides Plummer played alright he just didn't throw any td pass which is the first time since the first game of the season.
                      I am not exactly pissed at the amount of carries, it is the fact that they have no choice but to use Portis so much. Their are a multitude of plays that by all means should be working for the team. They are relying on Portis way to much. I am not saying that a back should never handle the ball 38 times. For the Broncos it looks to be an act of desperation.

Comment

Just be glad Marty Schottenheimer isn't our coach. He'd have Portis running the ball 50 times a game. I'll bet L.T. cusses his ass after every game they lose and L.T. STILL got 40+ carries.

Comment

If you look at the OT play-by-play, Portis had 6 carries, so in the normal regulation game, he had 32. I don't think that's THAT much over the rough target 25. Besides, if Shanahan gave up on the run, I'm not sure if Plummer's bootleg 22 yard run would've worked as well as it did. And on that final drive, I think running was smart. We were already in FG range, so we needed to be conservative so as not to turn the ball over. Portis is the safest choice, has the biggest chance for gaining Elam better position, and has the best chance of winning the game outright with a rushing TD.

Comment

Re: 38 F-ing carries and now an injured Portis

Originally posted by Carmine
                            We are a pretty sorry team if Portis has to be used this much. This is absolutely absurd... I mean what is the point of this. The only answer would be that the rest of the offensive weapons are not coming forth to execute at their position. Shanahan has to do what ever is working at the time, especially in such a close game like this one was. I just think the offense is struggling big time. Even last week it was all Portis. How is it possible that he is the whole team. I am pissed.
                            I echo this dude's statement.
                            BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine
                              I am not exactly pissed at the amount of carries, it is the fact that they have no choice but to use Portis so much. Their are a multitude of plays that by all means should be working for the team. They are relying on Portis way to much. I am not saying that a back should never handle the ball 38 times. For the Broncos it looks to be an act of desperation.
                              I guess Shanahan trusted Portis more since he rarely fumbles. He did not want to take any risk with Plummer throwing. At times Plummer is prone to throw interceptions. Morever, Portis is our playmaker and the best hope we have for reaching the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X