Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank Goodness For The Bye Week.....We (The Fans) Will Need it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Goodness For The Bye Week.....We (The Fans) Will Need it!!!

Wow.....those first 6 games are going to be a blast.....and with Peyton at the helm, there will be some amazing fireworks........in "the works"!

Lets see.....

Pittsburgh here...Atlanta there...Houston here...Oakland here...New England there...San Diego there

Hmmmmm.....this could be amazing!! If we play nearly as good as I expect, this is going to be a week by week fun fest! This forum will be rocking, day after day after day!

WE WILL NEED A BYE WEEK AS MUCH AS OUR BRONCOS!!!

But don't go too far away.......we got Brees and The Saints when the break ends....

Can not wait for this season to begin!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Wow.....those first 6 games are going to be a blast.....and with Peyton at the helm, there will be some amazing fireworks........in "the works"!

Lets see.....

Pittsburgh here...Atlanta there...Houston here...Oakland here...New England there...San Diego there

Hmmmmm.....this could be amazing!! If we play nearly as good as I expect, this is going to be a week by week fun fest! This forum will be rocking, day after day after day!

WE WILL NEED A BYE WEEK AS MUCH AS OUR BRONCOS!!!

But don't go too far away.......we got Brees and The Saints when the break ends....

Can not wait for this season to begin!!!!!!!

Yeah it's a tough schedule. I suppose it could possibly be somewhere in between but I expect after that gauntlet either we will be serious Super Bowl contenders by the end of it or else the Manning signing will go down as possibly the worst in history.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Yeah it's a tough schedule. I suppose it could possibly be somewhere in between but I expect after that gauntlet either we will be serious Super Bowl contenders by the end of it or else the Manning signing will go down as possibly the worst in history.
      I truly believe there is optimism and positive thinking in this world that is based on fluff and rah rah stuff......which is not necessarily a bad thing if you can cope with surprises and letdowns. BUT I also believe in the positive vibes that are attached to reasonable fact.......and for me, although the future is unknown, getting Manning is a fairly high reward scenario. This is based on what he is as a player / leader, how he is doing in preseason workouts, and from all the sources that say his condition is pretty sound.....plus the fact that we have solid management leadership, and a motivated group of players who know the taste of playoff victory!!

:thumb:

Comment

I would rather BOOOOO the bye week... no broncos football makes me a sad panda.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I truly believe there is optimism and positive thinking in this world that is based on fluff and rah rah stuff......which is not necessarily a bad thing if you can cope with surprises and letdowns. BUT I also believe in the positive vibes that are attached to reasonable fact.......and for me, although the future is unknown, getting Manning is a fairly high reward scenario. This is based on what he is as a player / leader, how he is doing in preseason workouts, and from all the sources that say his condition is pretty sound.....plus the fact that we have solid management leadership, and a motivated group of players who know the taste of playoff victory!!

I agree 100% and honestly think there is a higher chance we go into the bye week at 5-1 or 6-0. Because I too believe Peyton is a major difference factor in the way you would look at that schedule last year versus this year. I believe he truly makes us a top 3 if not top team in the AFC which means we should be able to beat almost all of those teams.

I will even be satisfied with 3-3 because it's a potentially tough slate. However if the team goes 2-4 or 1-5 there's no denying that perhaps we made a mistake putting all our eggs in one basket.

That said I would prefer to go with my first paragraph and remain optimistic (which I'm not very good at) and think that first 6 weeks is just the wake up call to the rest of the NFL that we are the real deal again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            I would rather BOOOOO the bye week... no broncos football makes me a sad panda.
            Ok Ok.........

me too.........

Comment

While some of you are circling those hard games. I think those other teams are circling Denver, as well. I honestly think Manning pockets his 5th MVP this season. I can't wait to see his end year stats with all those games, though. 55 tds? I don't see him getting benched much towards the end of games (season) to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by wire View Post
                While some of you are circling those hard games. I think those other teams are circling Denver, as well. I honestly think Manning pockets his 5th MVP this season. I can't wait to see his end year stats with all those games, though. 55 tds? I don't see him getting benched much towards the end of games (season) to rest.
                I don't think anyone circles a Peyton Manning team regardless of how bad the defense may be.

Except maybe New England and San Diego.

WAIT!! My bad. I just realized you meant circling them as hard. Not as W's.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  I don't think anyone circles a Peyton Manning team regardless of how bad the defense may be.

Except maybe New England and San Diego.
                  I meant in the fact that Denver will be a hard team to play, too. I don't understand your reply?

Comment

I meant in the fact that Denver will be a hard team to play, too. I don't understand your reply?
                    I edited it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok lol. Yeah, you just didn't understand me. Got it.

Comment

All I'm getting so far is that you are "hard wire".........

Welcome aboard!!

Comment

I see our hardest being Pitt in the opener, that will be hard first game with new offensive and all the new players and NE in the 4t who would be hard anyway let alone early in the season and at their place. I think 4-2 is reasonable but I also think 6-0 is . If we can just take the rest of the games and 1 of those 5-1 would be great. I 'm gonna go with 6-0
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Hopefully for once those teams are looking at us on their schedules and saying the same things.

Comment

I promised to take the woman on a 10 day cruise in September. Convince her to move it to October... Coincidentally... Around the Denver bye week.

Comment

Working...
                              X