Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Knowshon Moreno will be gone soon...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Knowshon Moreno will be gone soon...

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...owshon-moreno/



    His contract gets extremely expensive next year.

    I think he's a goner. Anyone think they may just restructure?
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

  • #2
    I think we take Miller at 37 and say goodbye to Knowshon. If we would have taken Martin, the Knowshon could have still been usefull. But with Miller, Knowshon is expendable because he does everything Know can but better.

    Comment


    • #3
      So they can keep paying him to sit on the SL with an injurie?? nope not a chance!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah there is no way we pay him that much. I think he is safe for this year (coming off a DUI and torn ACL killed what little trade value he had), but if he doesn't restructure he wont be a Bronco.

        If he is healthy I think he could really thrive in a Peyton Manning lead offense. He is a good pass blocker and has always done the most damage catching passes out of the backfield on swings and screens. This is definitely a make or break year for him in Denver.

        I have a feeling Lamar Miller will be a Bronco by the end of the day, so he will have some tough competition. I think he still keeps his 3rd down job simply because of his blitz pick up ability.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          I think we take Miller at 37 and say goodbye to Knowshon. If we would have taken Martin, the Knowshon could have still been usefull. But with Miller, Knowshon is expendable because he does everything Know can but better.
          Miller's biggest weakness is blocking/picking up the blitz, that happens to be one of Moreno's strengths. I think Miller would simply spell McGahee on first and second down. If healthy Moreno stays our 3rd down back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Didnt know Moreno had any strengths. Dudes not on the field very much.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Miller's biggest weakness is blocking/picking up the blitz, that happens to be one of Moreno's strengths. I think Miller would simply spell McGahee on first and second down. If healthy Moreno stays our 3rd down back.
              Maybe blocking, Knowshon has a slight edge I'll give you that. But Miller would be a perfec compliment to McGahee. McGahee is the short yardage, pound it up the middle back. Lamar Miller is the home run threat. He is the guy the defenses have to gameplan for, the one they are afraid to play. He can take it to the house on any play. I'd take him running routes on 3rd down over Knowshon also, but maybe not blocking.

              But we can't pay someone that much to be a blocking RB.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                Maybe blocking, Knowshon has a slight edge I'll give you that. But Miller would be a perfec compliment to McGahee. McGahee is the short yardage, pound it up the middle back. Lamar Miller is the home run threat. He is the guy the defenses have to gameplan for, the one they are afraid to play. He can take it to the house on any play. I'd take him running routes on 3rd down over Knowshon also, but maybe not blocking.

                But we can't pay someone that much to be a blocking RB.
                I agree, it would only be a matter of time before Miller surpassed Moreno in every aspect.

                I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I really hope we take Miller at some point today. I'm having Clinton Portis flashbacks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  I agree, it would only be a matter of time before Miller surpassed Moreno in every aspect.

                  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I really hope we take Miller at some point today. I'm having Clinton Portis flashbacks
                  sigpic

                  Hooray, beer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, hopefully Miller doesn't have a "thing" for dressing up. If we draft him. Lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post


                      Personally I prefer Coach Janky Spanky

                      Comment


                      • #12


                        Corey derailed his own thread!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah, I did.

                          Anywho...

                          Knowshon I think is a goner. Maybe even cut by the end of camp this year if the team drafts an RB and likes what they have in other RBs.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Yeah, I did.

                            Anywho...

                            Knowshon I think is a goner. Maybe even cut by the end of camp this year if the team drafts an RB and likes what they have in other RBs.
                            I agree. Our DepthChart could look good with McGahee and Draft pick being 1a and 1b. If everyone on here's favorite RB Fannin is as good as they say, Knowshon is gone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If Knowshon is cut, is he considered a bust?
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X