Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Knowshon Moreno will be gone soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeadBlocker View Post
    Moreno, Fannin, and Hillman
    Not a bad looking trio. This may very well be. I think everyone's thinking Moreno will have to fight like mad for his spot, but it may very well be McGahee. Pre-Tebow, Willis was an average-at-best 30+ RB. I think with Manning, he goes back to this same guy (which is partly why I was really po'd at the shots he took at Timmy). But Willis may be the least threatening of all. Combined with Moreno's top notch pass protect and blitz pickup, he may be vital to keeping Manning clean and moving the chains on 3rd downs. What makes Willis special?
    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      Not a bad looking trio. This may very well be. I think everyone's thinking Moreno will have to fight like mad for his spot, but it may very well be McGahee. Pre-Tebow, Willis was an average-at-best 30+ RB. I think with Manning, he goes back to this same guy (which is partly why I was really po'd at the shots he took at Timmy). But Willis may be the least threatening of all. Combined with Moreno's top notch pass protect and blitz pickup, he may be vital to keeping Manning clean and moving the chains on 3rd downs. What makes Willis special?
      This. McGahee really benefited from Tebow's presence and the offense we ran with him at the helm.

Moreno and Hillman would be much better suited for this offense, and I think that will begin to show throughout training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmale View Post
        It doesn't do any good to have good stats if you can't stay on the field. And if you break it down the other way he's played 36 of 48 games in 3 yrs. That means he has missed 25 % of the games.

He has 18 career TD's in 36 games which means he has scored a total of .5 TD's in each game. Not exactly what I call burning up the field. In 3 years his rushing total is 1905 yards or 635 yds a season.
        per season is meaningless. It's all about per touch, and he has very good rations in both scores and yards per touch.

He has been unlucky with the injuries, that much is definite, but there's no denying with the time he's had on the field, he's been at least above average.

Comment

Yea I dont know who mcgahee think he is. He is a stutter stepping no speed washed up back. Tebow extended his career. Besides all that, I like hillman, and I think he will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            power running. Something he has that both Hillman knowshon and fannin dont. Lets not pretend like mcgahee wasnt putting out some impressive runs before tebow got into the lineup. He is old and banged up but he is the most reliable back we have between the tackles. Mcgahee knowshon and Hillman will be our lineup going into next season unless someone comes in and blows either knowshon or mcgahee out the water.
            Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 04-27-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              power running. Something he has that both Hillman knowshon and fannin dont. Lets not pretend like mcgahee wasnt putting out some impressive runs before tebow got into the lineup. He is old and banged up but he is the most reliable back we have between the tackles. Mcgahee knowshon and Hillman will be our lineup going into next season unless someone comes in and blows either knowshon or Moreno out the water.
              Good point.
              #swapping

Comment

Love McGhee. But dont see them cutting a young back that is great in the passing game. Moreno is great in the passing game. For an older back on the downside of his career. McGhee wold look great as a Jet or a run first team which we are not anymore.
                If you even dream of beating us you'd better wake up and apologize.

Comment

McGhee's had 12 receptions for 51 yards and 1 TD. If he is in it will tip the D that we are running. Or at the least not throwing to him on a Manning audible.
                  If you even dream of beating us you'd better wake up and apologize.

Comment

Moreno is great in the passing game?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Comment

Cant believe some of you want to cut McGahee over Moreno. McGahee was a pro bowler last year we need him
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
                        Moreno is great in the passing game?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
                        Easily. One of the best in the league, actually.

His hands are top notch and his pass pro and defender pick up are fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                        X