C'mon bronco fans show some support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    True, but they are also trying to analyze 32 different teams, they are not focused on the needs and desires of the coaching staff of one specific team. Their grades can only be based on general, loosely measurable criteria. They aren't looking at the much bigger, team specific picture with the inside knowledge and desired criteria that are EFX.

Not good in your mind based on what other people say. Have you spent hours/days watching all of these guys play? Do you know what specifically attracted men who have years and years of football experience and talent evaluation under their belts to draft these guys? You may not like the names or the position in which they were taken, which is your right; but until they actually suit up, take the field, and perform in the NFL, you can't say this draft was not good.

Drafting Luck could be disastrous for the Colts if he blows out a knee in game 2. Drafting Kalil could be disastrous for the Vikings if he has the attitude problems some say he does. That's how the draft goes. Osweiler wasn't drafted to start on day one, he is (hopefully) going to be our Aaron Rodgers, only with a slightly more welcoming tutor. It may work out, it may not, just like any DL taken in the same spot might have worked or might not have. Obviously, EFX didn't think any DL available at the end of the second was a sure-fire prospect whose abilities and potential would outweigh Osweiler's abilities and potential. Again, since they know infinitely more about football players than I will ever pretend, I defer to them.

So well said.........
    Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
    Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
    "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
    Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
      True, but they are also trying to analyze 32 different teams, they are not focused on the needs and desires of the coaching staff of one specific team. Their grades can only be based on general, loosely measurable criteria. They aren't looking at the much bigger, team specific picture with the inside knowledge and desired criteria that are EFX.

Not good in your mind based on what other people say. Have you spent hours/days watching all of these guys play? Do you know what specifically attracted men who have years and years of football experience and talent evaluation under their belts to draft these guys? You may not like the names or the position in which they were taken, which is your right; but until they actually suit up, take the field, and perform in the NFL, you can't say this draft was not good.

Drafting Luck could be disastrous for the Colts if he blows out a knee in game 2. Drafting Kalil could be disastrous for the Vikings if he has the attitude problems some say he does. That's how the draft goes. Osweiler wasn't drafted to start on day one, he is (hopefully) going to be our Aaron Rodgers, only with a slightly more welcoming tutor. It may work out, it may not, just like any DL taken in the same spot might have worked or might not have. Obviously, EFX didn't think any DL available at the end of the second was a sure-fire prospect whose abilities and potential would outweigh Osweiler's abilities and potential. Again, since they know infinitely more about football players than I will ever pretend, I defer to them.
      That's an excellent post, sir. I'm just going to say this: when we picked up Manning, we went "all in," so the selection of Osweiler was surprising given the fact that we have a suspect defensive line. I would have liked to have seen a greater focus on defense, period.

Of course, that's been a recurring theme here for quite some time.

Comment

I like our day three guys alot more than our day two guys. Don't see a day one starter from this draft class as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ManDreamTeam View Post
          i stopped reading when i read "discusted" and "uneducated" in the same sentence...
          Yes i'm sure you never hit the wrong key late at night,i'll make sure to proof read for you next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
            That's an excellent post, sir.
            Thank you. It's nice to get some decent debate in here.

I'm just going to say this: when we picked up Manning, we went "all in," so the selection of Osweiler was surprising given the fact that we have a suspect defensive line. I would have liked to have seen a greater focus on defense, period.

Of course, that's been a recurring theme here for quite some time.
            I think the hiring of Del Rio immediately improved our D-Line, he knows his stuff. The Jaguars were in the top 10 against the rush last year, and their best D-Lineman (Mincey) was a 6th round pick, a cast-off by the 49ers, and a guy who foundered for a few seasons before figuring it out. If anyone can get more out of less-than-elite talent on the D-Line, it's Del Rio. Admittedly, I don't know much about this Wolfe kid, but what I have seen/read since they drafted him makes me believe that with our potent outside pass rush, he could be dangerous inside. He's huge, but moves like a much smaller man. I like the pick.

Other holes on the D were addressed, even if only with depth players. Which is important, too. I'm willing to give the defensive minds of Del Rio and Fox a year together to see what they can create and what they can do with the guys we have.

Comment

Ill support the team, but I will never blindly follow them and say everything is ok.

Problems: We didnt get much for moving down

We didnt need to draft a QB this year, we could of had another DT CB or even WR

We didnt need to trade up nor trade up as high as we did for Hillman even though I like him.

Success:

Drafting Wolf, we were in need of a DT who could provide pressure through the middle and now we have someone.

Bolden was a nice pick. Good value.

Blake was a good pick also we need someone to push Walton

Comment

i support the players

just don't support the idiots making the picks

Comment

Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                  Leave it to someone with Madden in their name to give an f to this draft.
                  A Video game could have drafted better.So yes you should leave it to me,1 starter out of this years draft is not good.You dont have to roll at Madden to see that.....like the nice jab though.

Comment

There's following blindly and then there's criticizing for no reason.

Sure you may think that the picks were "Stupid" etc but you haven't seen them play yet so at least try to reserve judgement and support the new players on your team.

Saying they suck before even suiting up is totally unfounded.
                    All in for Siemian!

Comment

Working...
                    X