People whining about reaching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People whining about reaching...

Every team goes through a process to decide who they want on their team, there are the occasional surprise picks when people you absolutely want fall to you but Denver is doing a great job in this draft.

They wanted Wolfe and they got him, they wanted Hillman and they got him. The draft is not about who the so called Experts like McShay and Kiper think is the best player, it is who the team thinks is the best player for their system and their team. The Broncos are doing just what they need to do. Mock Drafts are the opinions and opinions are one thing that don't conform, if the Broncos think Wolfe, Osweiler and Hillman are the best fit for the team THEY are building, more power to them and GO BRONCOS.

Excited to have all 3 of these guys and just a little disappointed that Osweiler being drafted means no Kellen Moore (huge BSU fan), but I will get over it because it is what the FO thinks is best for the team.

TL;DR - Stop whining about the front office because your favorite player or Mel Kiper's favorite player didn't get drafted.

Moore wasn't the type of QB Elway wanted. But still would go alot better then hanie imo.

Comment

All I have to say, is somewhere, Josh McDanials is laughing his butt off. Worst draft (on paper) since.......Josh McDanials. just horrible. Oh well. Manning will win 12 games a year by himself for three years at least. We don't need good drafts until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan82 View Post
        All I have to say, is somewhere, Josh McDanials is laughing his butt off. Worst draft (on paper) since.......Josh McDanials. just horrible. Oh well. Manning will win 12 games a year by himself for three years at least. We don't need good drafts until then.
        Who's paper? Yours? Mel Kiper's? Todd McShay's? I think it's going perfectly for the Broncos staff's paper and that is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyNormal View Post
          Who's paper? Yours? Mel Kiper's? Todd McShay's? I think it's going perfectly for the Broncos staff's paper and that is all that matters.
          Actually Kiper would probably like our draft. He had Wolfe going to us at 25
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Yea, I never understood how people can say " We reached" The only people who say that are the ones who don't watch college football and just listen to what the insiders say. No offense to anyone, but I really hate seeing people say how terrible our draft was and how we could have got them later on. If you want someone, Go get him. Don't wait and look at Kipers mock draft or anyone elses mock draft to see where that player should fall There are 32 NFL teams and every NFL team has thier own mindset on where a player should end up. If the majority of our picks end up successful, then will it matter if we reached, or traded out of the 1st round? Too many people listen to Kiper and McShay and all the experts that its sort of silly. I just can't wait for day 3 now.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I wish people would give our drafted players a chance.

Last year around this time some people wasnt sold on Von Miller but guess what he did a good job in his rookie season.Until we see them play,everyone need to relax and watch them play.

Can you imagine if we did get the players everybody wanted and they didnt live up to the hype,everybody would be saying Fox and Elway should of chose other players....
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Ronnie Hillman Highlight video: OMG
                Lightningrobbob gets cp for this
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNWP...layer_embedded

Derek Wolfe Highlight Video: He looks nasty
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iJsmdwFcPyg

fixed
                Last edited by PioneerBroncFan; 04-28-2012, 01:26 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by PioneerBroncFan View Post
                  Ronnie Hillman Highlight video: OMG
                  Lightningrobbob gets cp for this

Derek Wolfe Highlight Video: He looks nasty
                  The 2nd video you posted is the same one as the Ronnie Hillman video. Just a heads up. But yea, I love Hillman. There are other highlight reels out there of him, but the guy is filthy.
                  :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I like Hillman and all, but does anyone really think we needed to trade up for him?

We reached get over it. I already am, don't convince me we didn't reach and I won't convince you that the Patriots didn't.

We got good players, the value wasn't great... Buts it's how they fit, not when their were drafted. Nobody will care in 5 years where they were drafted.
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Originally posted by Mosk
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

yes, yes I think we really needed to trade up for him. Lamaar Miller has a shoulder injury that apparently EVERYONE in the NFL is scared of.

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...amar-miller-6/

I don't know if the Broncos had Miller or Hillman rated higher on their board but I do know that he hasn't been drafted yet and he should have been. I personally like Hillman better than Miller but your right, time will tell.

Comment

As with the drafts conducted under Josh McDaniels, it is hard to asses. We don't know how the schemes would have fit the players from McDaniels drafts that many consider busts.

Tebow is a bust because we turned 2th, 3th, 4th into a fourth but I thought he had special traits. Knowshawn - solid when healthy which have not been that often - I think that Tebow and now Manning will show KM to be worthy. We did a 180 on what McDaniels intended. If Tebow comes out and succeeds massively, and Manning fails in Denver along with ex. this not impressive draft, we might do a 180 on the Elway regime.

What we have done here is as wrong or right as it was for McDaniels to bring in Tim Tebow. Most logic will say massive fail in this draft - but time will tell who is right. We might have filled needs and we might have gotten the players that fit our scheme, but for sure we gave immense value in trading down, and then took a player that the draft "experts" had as a likely undrafted player.

Elway and Fox are changing the organisation - we can only watch like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyNormal View Post
                          Every team goes through a process to decide who they want on their team, there are the occasional surprise picks when people you absolutely want fall to you but Denver is doing a great job in this draft.

They wanted Wolfe and they got him, they wanted Hillman and they got him. The draft is not about who the so called Experts like McShay and Kiper think is the best player, it is who the team thinks is the best player for their system and their team. The Broncos are doing just what they need to do. Mock Drafts are the opinions and opinions are one thing that don't conform, if the Broncos think Wolfe, Osweiler and Hillman are the best fit for the team THEY are building, more power to them and GO BRONCOS.

Excited to have all 3 of these guys and just a little disappointed that Osweiler being drafted means no Kellen Moore (huge BSU fan), but I will get over it because it is what the FO thinks is best for the team.

TL;DR - Stop whining about the front office because your favorite player or Mel Kiper's favorite player didn't get drafted.
                          Sorry About The repeat posts...Dang Phone has a mind Of its own (obviously).

This^ Is a good post.
                          I WAS A BRONCO FAN BEFORE I WAS BORN

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                            As with the drafts conducted under Josh McDaniels, it is hard to asses. We don't know how the schemes would have fit the players from McDaniels drafts that many consider busts.

Tebow is a bust because we turned 2th, 3th, 4th into a fourth but I thought he had special traits. Knowshawn - solid when healthy which have not been that often - I think that Tebow and now Manning will show KM to be worthy. We did a 180 on what McDaniels intended. If Tebow comes out and succeeds massively, and Manning fails in Denver along with ex. this not impressive draft, we might do a 180 on the Elway regime.

What we have done here is as wrong or right as it was for McDaniels to bring in Tim Tebow. Most logic will say massive fail in this draft - but time will tell who is right. We might have filled needs and we might have gotten the players that fit our scheme, but for sure we gave immense value in trading down, and then took a player that the draft "experts" had as a likely undrafted player.

Elway and Fox are changing the organisation - we can only watch like it or not
                            Agreed, way too many crystal balls out there. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the season unfold and hoping the FO did something right. The offseason is officially over!!!
                            [sigpic

Comment

That's what happens when you're a playoff team, you get a playoff pick, not second overall or top 10.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X