Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nierika
    replied
    "reaching" is moving up to draft guys that would probably be available at your original spot.

We are moving down and getting the guys we want.

Leave a comment:

• johnjoda
    replied
    I am not a student of college football. I have trust in the front office. They got the right guys to compete at the weak positions. That is where it starts.

First rounders are easier to talk about reach. I think another factor in this draft was thrift. 2nd rounders do not make as much as 1sts. It is a business.

I am concerned about the suspension of DJ. It is not a small loss to the D. I know we picked up a couple of guys, but DJ is special.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I'd like to find out the definition of "Reaching". I don't think you can reach on a player. No Mock Draft site or Prospect Site can tell me how I view a players value. If I Like DT Jaye Howard in the 2nd, I don't give a flip about a value site having him listed as a 4th - 5th rd pick.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    I like the draft, I think they did really well. Love the Hillman pick. I think that Wolfe will push for significant playing time. Hopefully, the rest of them will contribute to special teams or even push for playing time.

Leave a comment:

• Nuts4koi
    replied
    There are times where I really do not understand our fans. Just because the Broncos haven't drafted that exact player some fan or fans just know will be the next coming, all of a sudden this draft is a total failure. I honestly believe John Elway, Brian Xanders, John Fox and the rest of the coaches and scouts know much more about the talent out there than the fans do. I also believe they will do the very best thing for our team to give us the best opportunity to win. Everyone just needs to chill out for awhile and let's see what happens in training camp and the preseason.

Leave a comment:

• Ch1ggs
    replied
    Managed a lot better, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Most teams get the guys they want. Doesn't mean they were the right picks. I don't see 32 teams sharing the Lombardi each season.

I like our draft, but it could have been managed better IMO.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan82 View Post
    All I have to say, is somewhere, Josh McDanials is laughing his butt off. Worst draft (on paper) since.......Josh McDanials. just horrible. Oh well. Manning will win 12 games a year by himself for three years at least. We don't need good drafts until then.
    That's what happens when you're a playoff team, you get a playoff pick, not second overall or top 10.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    As with the drafts conducted under Josh McDaniels, it is hard to asses. We don't know how the schemes would have fit the players from McDaniels drafts that many consider busts.

Tebow is a bust because we turned 2th, 3th, 4th into a fourth but I thought he had special traits. Knowshawn - solid when healthy which have not been that often - I think that Tebow and now Manning will show KM to be worthy. We did a 180 on what McDaniels intended. If Tebow comes out and succeeds massively, and Manning fails in Denver along with ex. this not impressive draft, we might do a 180 on the Elway regime.

What we have done here is as wrong or right as it was for McDaniels to bring in Tim Tebow. Most logic will say massive fail in this draft - but time will tell who is right. We might have filled needs and we might have gotten the players that fit our scheme, but for sure we gave immense value in trading down, and then took a player that the draft "experts" had as a likely undrafted player.

Elway and Fox are changing the organisation - we can only watch like it or not
    Agreed, way too many crystal balls out there. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the season unfold and hoping the FO did something right. The offseason is officially over!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoInHeaven
    replied
    Originally posted by HardlyNormal View Post
    Every team goes through a process to decide who they want on their team, there are the occasional surprise picks when people you absolutely want fall to you but Denver is doing a great job in this draft.

They wanted Wolfe and they got him, they wanted Hillman and they got him. The draft is not about who the so called Experts like McShay and Kiper think is the best player, it is who the team thinks is the best player for their system and their team. The Broncos are doing just what they need to do. Mock Drafts are the opinions and opinions are one thing that don't conform, if the Broncos think Wolfe, Osweiler and Hillman are the best fit for the team THEY are building, more power to them and GO BRONCOS.

Excited to have all 3 of these guys and just a little disappointed that Osweiler being drafted means no Kellen Moore (huge BSU fan), but I will get over it because it is what the FO thinks is best for the team.

TL;DR - Stop whining about the front office because your favorite player or Mel Kiper's favorite player didn't get drafted.
    Sorry About The repeat posts...Dang Phone has a mind Of its own (obviously).

This^ Is a good post.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan82 View Post
    All I have to say, is somewhere, Josh McDanials is laughing his butt off. Worst draft (on paper) since.......Josh McDanials. just horrible. Oh well. Manning will win 12 games a year by himself for three years at least. We don't need good drafts until then.
    As with the drafts conducted under Josh McDaniels, it is hard to asses. We don't know how the schemes would have fit the players from McDaniels drafts that many consider busts.

Tebow is a bust because we turned 2th, 3th, 4th into a fourth but I thought he had special traits. Knowshawn - solid when healthy which have not been that often - I think that Tebow and now Manning will show KM to be worthy. We did a 180 on what McDaniels intended. If Tebow comes out and succeeds massively, and Manning fails in Denver along with ex. this not impressive draft, we might do a 180 on the Elway regime.

What we have done here is as wrong or right as it was for McDaniels to bring in Tim Tebow. Most logic will say massive fail in this draft - but time will tell who is right. We might have filled needs and we might have gotten the players that fit our scheme, but for sure we gave immense value in trading down, and then took a player that the draft "experts" had as a likely undrafted player.

Elway and Fox are changing the organisation - we can only watch like it or not

Leave a comment:

• PioneerBroncFan
    replied
    yes, yes I think we really needed to trade up for him. Lamaar Miller has a shoulder injury that apparently EVERYONE in the NFL is scared of.

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...amar-miller-6/

I don't know if the Broncos had Miller or Hillman rated higher on their board but I do know that he hasn't been drafted yet and he should have been. I personally like Hillman better than Miller but your right, time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    I like Hillman and all, but does anyone really think we needed to trade up for him?

We reached get over it. I already am, don't convince me we didn't reach and I won't convince you that the Patriots didn't.

We got good players, the value wasn't great... Buts it's how they fit, not when their were drafted. Nobody will care in 5 years where they were drafted.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Originally posted by PioneerBroncFan View Post
    Ronnie Hillman Highlight video: OMG
    Lightningrobbob gets cp for this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNWP...layer_embedded

Derek Wolfe Highlight Video: He looks nasty
    The 2nd video you posted is the same one as the Ronnie Hillman video. Just a heads up. But yea, I love Hillman. There are other highlight reels out there of him, but the guy is filthy.

Leave a comment:

• PioneerBroncFan
    replied
    Ronnie Hillman Highlight video: OMG
    Lightningrobbob gets cp for this

Derek Wolfe Highlight Video: He looks nasty
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iJsmdwFcPyg

fixed
    Last edited by PioneerBroncFan; 04-28-2012, 01:26 AM. Reason: link

Leave a comment:

Working...