Eric Page Platoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Page Platoon

I'm so happy we signed Eric Page. I'm such a huge fan of this kid. I was hoping we'd draft him in the 3rd-4th round, and was crushed when we didn't. He's my kind of receiver. Intelligent, tremendous route runner, reliable hands. Waking up this morning and reading we signed him is the happiest I've been all draft weekend. If you're unfamiliar with Eric Page, you can read through the scouting report I wrote on him below.

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-...c-page-profile
    Position: WR/KR
    College: Toledo
    Height/Weight: 5’9″/186
    40 time: 4.60
    Projected Round: 4-5

Positives: A cerebral receiver with a superior understanding of opposing defenses. Has a high football IQ and a very instinctual understanding of what defenses are trying to do on any given play. Diagnoses coverages and knows how to exploit them, consistently finding the soft spot against zone coverages. Smooth, fluid athlete that changes directions effortlessly. Gets in and out of his breaks quickly with out losing any of his speed. Explodes off the line with a strong, but controlled burst. Exceptional route-runner, especially in the short-to intermediate passing game. Utilizes advanced route-running techniques such as stemming routes and varying speeds to gain separation and set defenders up for failure. Experienced in the screen game and the spread passing attack. Frequently utilized on bubble screens and shows patience and good vision after the catch. Displays good wiggle in tight spaces to side step defenders. Has soft, reliable hands. Shows the ability pluck the ball out of the air with his hands on throws away from his body. Makes impressive diving catches. Tough receiver that’s not afraid to go over the middle of the field. Secures the football and absorbs the hit on in-breaking routes. Plays a lot faster than his 40 time would indicate. Accelerates to top end speed quickly. Versatile player that was used in a variety of ways by Toledo to get the ball in his hands in space. Very effective in the return game. High school QB capable of throwing the football. Threw 4 TD passes at Toledo.

Negatives: Struggled getting off press coverage. Not fast enough to be a threat in the vertical passing game. Doesn’t always use his hands to catch the ball resulting in the occasional drop. Not a big target. Doesn’t have breakaway speed. Role in the NFL will be limited to the slot and returner.

NFL Comparison: Lance Moore, Wes Welker

Projection: Page is a very under the radar receiver, who came out a year early after shredding the record books at Toledo in his first 3 seasons. In his time at Toledo, Page caught 306 passes, including 125 in his Junior year. His 40 time will scare some teams away, but the film tells a different story. Page is an absolute technician in the short to intermediate passing game, and has everything NFL teams look for in a slot receiver: terrific route-running, high football IQ, soft hands, a knack for getting open, and a willingness to go over the middle. Page not only possesses all of these attributes but excels in them, and should be working the slot in the NFL with great success over the next decade.
    Let's hope he follows in the footsteps of another former undrafted receiver, our very own Rod Smith! Welcome to Broncos Country Eric.

I know it's a little early to start a Eric Page fan club on here but I don't care. I hereby announce the creation of the Eric Page Platoon. Feel free to join! Go Broncos!!!

sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

IMO Page, Judie and 'Nacho have good shots at making the roster if they come prepared to play.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Solid consistent production. Should compete with stokley for a roster spot.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...1227/eric-page

This guy had 5TDs in one game lol
      Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 04-29-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Do we really need 2 threads from the same person on literally the same thing, besides he's in Tampa now.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Do we really need 2 threads from the same person on literally the same thing, besides he's in Tampa now.
          No the Denver Broncos have announced over Twitter that they have agreed to a contract with Eric Page.

Comment

He signed with the Broncos, the team's official twitter account announced it. Sorry for the multiple threads. I originally posted in the Draft/Free Agency section, but then I realized since he's a Bronco now, I can post it in Broncos Football!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post

And they still lost the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
                No the Denver Broncos have announced over Twitter that they have agreed to a contract with Eric Page.
                I don't use twitter, wouldn't have known. Oh well, to practice squad goes.

sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
                  And they still lost the game.
                  hahahahahhahahahaah I didnt even notice that. Just plain sad. You cant even openly celebrate the biggest game of your college career becuase your team lost.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post

Omg lmao

I thought that said STD's lolll

Comment

I don't use twitter, wouldn't have known. Oh well, to practice squad goes.

Don't be shocked if he makes the final roster ...

Manning loves a guy like this ...maybe not this yr with Stokes here but likely next ...hell if he's good enough I'd get him on the field somehow at WR

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        Don't be shocked if he makes the final roster ...

Manning loves a guy like this ...maybe not this yr with Stokes here but likely next ...hell if he's good enough I'd get him on the field somehow at WR
                        I wont be shocked. It's hard to shock me if you're a athlete. Just saying we got a lot of serviceable wide outs. Somebody not gonna make it, guess who aren't on the chopping block?
                        Decker,Thomas, Stokley, and Caldwell.

Willis, Dell, Page, Hill, Goodwin,and Robinson gotta fight.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          IMO Page, Judie and 'Nacho have good shots at making the roster if they come prepared to play.
                          Absolutely. I like Judie a lot. From what I've seen, I think he's better than Omar Bolden. Don't really know anything about Duke. Jerry Franklin from Arkansas is a solid player too. Gerell Robinson could develop into something. Strong UDFA class.
                          sigpic

Comment

for anyone to think stokely has anytihng to contribute besides his knowledge this year is pretty stupid. guys old and washed up and most likely be cut before the season

Comment

ERIC PAGE WILL MAKE THIS TEAM.

Im so glad we were the ones to get him because he is the PERFECT SLEEPER WR that is gonna be great with Peyton.

I watched A LOT of him since I live in Toledo.

This guy is gonna make an impact in the NFL no question. Whether its being that explosive kick or punt returner (which I pray we use him as) or a steady slot reciever for Peyton.

He only needs ONE touch to take it to the house.

Not to mention if we wanna add a little trickery he can be the wildcat QB & throw a pretty darn good ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X