No announcement yet.

Most Underrated Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Nalen should go to the Hall of Fame. I saw a stat somewhere that said that running backs had run for more than 20,000 yards behind Tom Nalen and the Broncos' offensive line.

That's what domination is all about.

We're at the point where if they don't let TD in the Hall, how can they not let at least one more lineman from the Shannahan era in the the hall. Zimmerman was great but he retired early in Shannahan's tenure. Nalen should get the nod for leading that attack for all those years.

Comment

Nalen was a beast but you cant tale anything away from Lepsis and Smith either. The entire unit should be inducted as one.
      No matter what, I win.

Comment

One of them should be in there. I would say Nalen.

It's going to be funny to hear what the Hall of Fame voters have to say about not letting TD or one more lineman in.

Comment

Right now it has to be Kuper.. for the active team.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Past - Al Wilson. For as good as he was, it's like no one else in the league knew of him outside the Tyrone Wheatley hit. He was the heart and soul of our defense.

Present - Champ. It's like he doesn't get respect anymore around the league. Still shutting down receivers and making plays.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
              Past - Al Wilson. For as good as he was, it's like no one else in the league knew of him outside the Tyrone Wheatley hit. He was the heart and soul of our defense.

Present - Champ. It's like he doesn't get respect anymore around the league. Still shutting down receivers and making plays.
              He gets respect from players. Just not the WORLD WIDE MEDIA!
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                He gets respect from players. Just not the WORLD WIDE MEDIA!
                That's what I meant. Whoops

Comment

Past Broncos - Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary.

I just remember the media saying many times that you could "put any RB in Shanahan's backfield and get a 1,000 yard runner." They never got their credit, it all went to the offensive scheme.

Present Broncos - Britton Colquit and Matt Prater.

They kick at a high altitude, so they always get downgraded because of that advantage.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

Al Wilson. Dude was a complete beast for us but never got 1/10th of the media hype that Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher get.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      Right now it has to be Kuper.. for the active team.
                      I agree. I thought Kuper was our offensive MVP last year.

Comment

By the fans i would say DJ people want to trade him at any occasion they have yet he is one of our best defenders for the past 5 years.

By the media and the rest of the league Champ the guy gets no respect what so ever, media treat him like he is 45 years old and playing on a wooden leg
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I got 3 from the super bowl era... Ray Crockett, John Mobley & some may not remember this guy but Maa Tanuvasa, he had 33 sacks over the 5 year period that he played in all 16 games & 8.5 sacks in each of the super bowl seasons. Crockett had 17 picks in the 7 years he played for us.

See what most will remember about those teams from the late 90's that won the super bowls was the offense & how great it was but we also had a very good defense that was aggresive & attacking & got alot of turnovers & sacks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            I got 3 from the super bowl era... Ray Crockett, John Mobley & some may not remember this guy but Maa Tanuvasa, he had 33 sacks over the 5 year period that he played in all 16 games & 8.5 sacks in each of the super bowl seasons. Crockett had 17 picks in the 7 years he played for us.

See what most will remember about those teams from the late 90's that won the super bowls was the offense & how great it was but we also had a very good defense that was aggresive & attacking & got alot of turnovers & sacks.
                            Darrien Gordon is another Defensive player from the Super Bowl era. Only played the two seasons that they won the Super Bowls but had a tonne of INTs and Return TDs. He led the league in return TDs with 3 in the 97-98 season.
                            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                              By the fans i would say DJ people want to trade him at any occasion they have yet he is one of our best defenders for the past 5 years.

By the media and the rest of the league Champ the guy gets no respect what so ever, media treat him like he is 45 years old and playing on a wooden leg
                              I don't get why people want to trade him away all the time. He's a great player. He might be a little less great off the field but of late he's been the only decent guy on defense other than Champ.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

All three of those guys were beasts. Obviously Mobley is likely to be most remembered.

Also this guy was so awesome there were two of him on Blitz one year.

sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Most under rated on the Superbowl winning teams was Tony Jones.

In the first Superbowl win against Green Bay, he blocked Reggie White. White made a tackle on the second play of the game. It was his only tackle that game. Considering that may people consider Reggie White to be the best DL of all time, Tony Jones should get tons of credit for the job he did on Reggie that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X