No announcement yet.

Most Underrated Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say in the superbowl years we had some very underrated players, the human plow being one (griffith) maa tanuvasa played all along the dline and was pretty quick to the ball carrier to, tyrone braxton was a good safety that complemented atwater aswell, the oline was just fantastic period
    sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Here is another one for the ages.

My man Rulon Jones. He had 34 sacks from 1984-1986
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Tyrone Braxton - hands down, for 13 straight years.

Comment

John Mobley. I was a huge fan of his but he never seemed to get the recognition he deserved.
          sigpic
          Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
          You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
          You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
          Have It All - Blu3
          Conceited - Blu3
          Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
          All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
            Present Broncos - Britton Colquit and Matt Prater.
            I disagree. Both Colquitt and Prater got a lot of credit last year for how they contributed to this team.
            If we're talking about current players - like him or loathe him as an individual - it has to be DJ Williams.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              Rod smith got the respect he deserved, Plummer was swimming upstream the whole time he was here. Mostly because Shanahan kept throwing people under the bus to mask the real problem...Shanahan.
              Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
              Tom Nalen should go to the Hall of Fame. I saw a stat somewhere that said that running backs had run for more than 20,000 yards behind Tom Nalen and the Broncos' offensive line.

That's what domination is all about.

We're at the point where if they don't let TD in the Hall, how can they not let at least one more lineman from the Shannahan era in the the hall. Zimmerman was great but he retired early in Shannahan's tenure. Nalen should get the nod for leading that attack for all those years.
              I have to say both Plummer and Nalen are deserving of a lot more credit, but we cannot leave Jason Elam off the list

Comment

i really liked Ian Gold when he Al Wilson and Dj Williams were paired up in 2005 they were a great and underrated LB core

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  Right now it has to be Kuper.. for the active team.
                  Who's the most under-rated Bronco today is a more interesting question, because we don't really know yet.

I think Nalen is a good candidate. Really the only other Bronco who's been around for a long time yet isn't widely acknowledged would be Clady. And he's generally considered one of the better LTs in the game so he isn't the most "under-rated." Indeed since his play has declined the last 2 years he could be the most "Over-rated."

Perhaps Prater would be another candidate. The Broncos don't seem to value him particularly since they didn't even extend his contract, just franchised him. But, he is a VERY important player for them. Having a really reliable FG kicker is crucial when you play 1/2 your games at 5,280 ft.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                    I disagree. Both Colquitt and Prater got a lot of credit last year for how they contributed to this team.
                    If we're talking about current players - like him or loathe him as an individual - it has to be DJ Williams.
                    Not nationally, especially Prater. How many times did we hear "All the Broncos have to do is get past the 50 in this altitude." Yes altitude helps your distance, but you have to be accurate as well.
                    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by PioneerBroncFan View Post
                      Tyrone Braxton - hands down, for 13 straight years.
                      Amen!!! And my personal favorite: Sammy Winder: 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
                      Mile High

Comment

Originally posted by VikingBronco View Post
                        Amen!!! And my personal favorite: Sammy Winder: 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
                        Sammy was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated so he got some credit. This many years later we forget the Broncos history and how much some of these guys did for the team.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                        X