Most Underrated Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Underrated Broncos

I just wanted to know which Bronco players you think are the most underrated?

My personal choice is Howard Griffith.

Terrell Davis was a great, Hall Of Fame-caliber back that helped us win 2 super bowls but he got a lot of help from his trusty fullback sidekick!

I know he's not /really/ underrated but I couldn't think of anybody else at this moment in time.

Let's see your opinions!
    All in for Siemian!

Offensive linemen. They get no credit for doing their jobs and lots of wrath when they don't.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Gary Kubiak.

Comment

my screen name......
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Jake Plummer

And by some, Rod Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
            Jake Plummer

And by some, Rod Smith.
            Rod smith got the respect he deserved, Plummer was swimming upstream the whole time he was here. Mostly because Shanahan kept throwing people under the bus to mask the real problem...Shanahan.
            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              Rod smith got the respect he deserved, Plummer was swimming upstream the whole time he was here. Mostly because Shanahan kept throwing people under the bus to mask the real problem...Shanahan.
              That's why I said by some, mostly on this board. Just a week or so ago I had someone arguing with me that Demaryius Thomas will be better than Rod Smith THIS YEAR.

Thomas is a physical specimen, and could have a great career, but even an outstanding season this year doesn't put him up there with the greatest Broncos WR OF ALL TIME.

Comment

I don't think John Lynch got the recognition he should have when he was with the organization. He was all but pushed out at the end of his career
                sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                  That's why I said by some, mostly on this board. Just a week or so ago I had someone arguing with me that Demaryius Thomas will be better than Rod Smith THIS YEAR.

Thomas is a physical specimen, and could have a great career, but even an outstanding season this year doesn't put him up there with the greatest Broncos WR OF ALL TIME.
                  All I gotta say is that Optimus has all the potential to be as good if not better than Rod.

...but just like Gruden said to Os... "Potential means you haven't done it yet".

Rod not only had the talent but outstanding work ethic that ultimately made him the greatest WR in Broncos history.

If DT works hard and realises his potential then who's to say he can't be better?
                  All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                    All I gotta say is that Optimus has all the potential to be as good if not better than Rod.

...but just like Gruden said to Os... "Potential means you haven't done it yet".

Rod not only had the talent but outstanding work ethic that ultimately made him the greatest WR in Broncos history.

If DT works hard and realises his potential then who's to say he can't be better?
                    The thread I was referring to was the "This could be our best team since 98." Someone on there said our WR's this year are better than in 98, and DT is better NOW than Rod Smith was in 98. Umm no, not even close. He could be better, but it would take a career of great seasons to do so, not just one breakout year.

Denver Broncos all time leader in Receiving Yards, TD's, Receptions, and Games played >>> good 40 time.

Comment

Rod Smith never had the natural talent that guys like D. Thomas, Ashley Leilee or even Roy Williams have in their pinky toes. He was never a freak physically. As far as WR's in the NFL goes Smith was never fast enough, strong enough or big enough. He knew it too, he treated every practice like he was about to get cut, played like he was about to get benched and worked his ass off during the off-season. He was known to wear his name taped on his helmet like the rookies all throughout his career. Rod earned every stat he has. He did it with heart and for that he was a once in a lifetime player who will never get enough respect.
                      No matter what, I win.

Comment

I would have to go with Bubby Brister!!! No i am just playing there are alot of people that dont get all that much credit and some get way to much. I think O line for the most part dont get any love, or special teams. I mean look at all the hype and credit that was givin to Tebow last year. But how many games did prater put us up, tie the game or hit the game winner for us. That and Colquitt, Prater and Colquitt were in beast mode last year.

Comment

That's an interesting question!

Greg Kragen got picked off the team by if I remember right the Jaguars when they were an expansion team. He was tough, mean, and I don't think got the respect he deserves.

Meck, Atwater, TD all belong in the HOF, amongst a few others. But they are all pretty well revered around here.

Mark Jackson wasn't great, but I really liked him as a kid. He was my favorite of the Amigos, and he had some nice seasons.

Dennis Smith gets forgotten at times, he taught Atwater how to BEAST. He should be mentioned in the same breath as Atwater IMO.

Comment

If we're talking all-time around the league there is only one...

Randy Gradishar! How is he not in the HOF?!

Complete mystery.
                            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                              If we're talking all-time around the league there is only one...

Randy Gradishar! How is he not in the HOF?!

Complete mystery.
                              Absolutely agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X