Looking ahead to the Colts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to the Colts...

Well, I'm glad we won and sad about Portis's injury. But I'm already looking ahead to our next game...Indianapolis.

With or without Portis, this game really worries me. The Browns didn't get a lot of total yards passing but what they did get came in large chunks (44, 27, 44, 35 yards + pass interference penalties). If we're giving up the huge passing plays to Tim Couch I shudder to think what Manning is going to do to our secondary next week.

I feel like the Broncos can handle any other team in the league (when we're on our game) but the Colts, who are better than last season, are the team I least want the Broncos to play. And guess whose house we're going to be in next week?

I am an enormous Broncos fan but I am also aware that our passing defense is our biggest weakness. Does anybody else share my sense of foreboding for next week's game? Or can some of you reassure me that we'll put up a fight and have a chance to win?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Passing and Running game go hand in hand though, we can't just run it all the time or even pass it all of the time...our passing game is defintely not like the Colts, we're more balanced than that...but our passing game is weak compared to other years (not any year with our man Griese) ...

we have all of the weapons in place, we just need to get Jake out of the pocket, he doesn't look compfortble in there..we don't need a strong passing game however we can't make mistakes with the passing game, they just need to manage the game..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

If we pressure Manning like we did with Couch at the end of the game and at other random points, we have a decent shot of limiting the damage. If we let Manning do what he wants like we did with Couch most of the day, it's going to get ugly. Luckily, since we're playing a "real" team next week, this should mean the "real" Broncos show up next week as well. Whether they're good enough to beat the Colts or not, now that I don't want to place any bets on one way or the other.

Comment

Should be interesting. You just never know from week to week. Remember, the Colts can have bad games just like the Broncos. All we can do is hope that the Colts won't be on their game next week. We've lost the last few meetings with them and I think it's time for a little revenge. Especially from LAST YEARS MEETING!

Comment

Peyton's constent audible freaks me out. But i've noticed that our defense isn't shy to audible either. If our front line can keep the pressure on Manning I think we could walk out with a close one. as for our offense. If Anderson is playing, just bust it up the gut all game...away from defensive end Feeney and put "The Snake" on the run alot.

To be honest though, this is the one game I'm thinking we'll get an "L" next too. It's gonna be all or nothing in Green Bay is my feeling. If Denver wins this one though, then I will have to say Denver is only second the New England for Super Bowl contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
            Peyton's constent audible freaks me out. But i've noticed that our defense isn't shy to audible either. If our front line can keep the pressure on Manning I think we could walk out with a close one. as for our offense. If Anderson is playing, just bust it up the gut all game...away from defensive end Feeney and put "The Snake" on the run alot.

To be honest though, this is the one game I'm thinking we'll get an "L" next too. It's gonna be all or nothing in Green Bay is my feeling. If Denver wins this one though, then I will have to say Denver is only second the New England for Super Bowl contenders.
            Definitely need to avoid Feeney as much as we can. I am worried about Peyton Manning throwing deep to Marvin Harrison. As regards to putting Jake on the run, it seems like Indy played Vick quite well today. And Vick is a highly mobile QB. Also their special teams looked quite good against the Titans. I think its going to be a high scoring game and going to depend on how well our pass defense puts pressure on Manning.

Comment

woah...that scares me...all or nothing in GB...GB might need the win too, they, just like the broncos, are in the playoff hunt duking it out with Minnesota for their Divison...win on Primetime, have less worry in GB, hopefully we'll get a better picture of the playoff after next week...
              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Ya, thats the problem. 2 more opponents that strong points are their passing game. Lets just hope our DB's are on their A games these next 2 games.

Comment

having walls and his pass interference liklyhood dosn't make me to confortable versus this passing monster of a team
                  Last edited by Shady980; 12-15-2003, 02:37 AM.
                  BRONCOS

Comment

Working...
                  X