Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will ADAM WEBER finally step up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
    I was so bored waiting for the season to start I thought I would cry. Then, given the fact the Broncos have one of the two toughest schedules in the league, all I hear is: "Who will step up?"

    I, finally, dial back into these boards and all I hear about is how lacking the Broncos are at DT.

    Then I'm thinking: "Wait a minute - doesn't somebody have to fill Tebow's shoes?"

    I mean, a DT is important, however, doesn't someone have to actually hand the ball off now that Tebow is gone? I heard we got some "new guy" that hurts his neck every time he tries to lift his big head out of bed. SO WHAT? Adam Weber can actually throw a ball.

    Imagine being Adam Weber. He CAN actually throw a ball. He has actually worked for the Broncos for two years. So ... Peyton actually does go down for a play or two ... who do you want to fill in (in a year where the Broncos are in a playoff run)?
    Troll much? It's hard to take anyone serious who throws things out there like that about manning....Manning will retire 2-3 years down the line and it won't be because he hurt himself. Webber will get his shot but this isn't the year.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      When will he step up....NEVER. He wont be on an NFL roster this season. It is that simple.

      If it were up to me I would cut Heanne and make Oz the #3...
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        When will he step up....NEVER. He wont be on an NFL roster this season. It is that simple.

        If it were up to me I would cut Heanne and make Oz the #3...
        If you cut Hanie and make Osweiler the No. 3 QB, then who would be the backup? If he doesn't make our roster, which I doubt, he can beat out Hanie, but if he doesn't, he'll go back to the practice squad.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          If you cut Hanie and make Osweiler the No. 3 QB, then who would be the backup? If he doesn't make our roster, which I doubt, he can beat out Hanie, but if he doesn't, he'll go back to the practice squad.

          Sorry i should have been more clear.....I would make Weber the #2. I have seen what Heane can do and I am not impressed in the least bit
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            If the new guy who hurts his neck every time he tries to lift his big head out of bed goes down for a "play or two" I say we just run the ball until the four-time MVP has rested his fivehead enough to return to the field. Christ, this forum is painful to browse in the offseason...
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Troll much? It's hard to take anyone serious who throws things out there like that about manning....Manning will retire 2-3 years down the line and it won't be because he hurt himself. Webber will get his shot but this isn't the year.
              Well ... you are not actually supposed to take sarcasm serious.

              Given that there is not that much to talk about right now, I am curious who will be Manning's backup. People talked adnauseam about who would be able to back up Tebow if he stayed here as the starter. Now the Broncos have Peyton "freaking" Manning. We all saw how well Manning's backup was able to fill in last year in Indy.

              The whole country (outside of Colorado) still naively believe Peyton is somehow "one hit" away from having his career ended. Though I know better than many what his four operations were actually for, I too am curious how much time, if any, that any of the backups will get with the first stringers. We all saw how ready Chris Simms and Brady Quinn were when the time came.

              I like Adam Weber. I hope he gets a shoot this year to actually compete. They must have kept him for a reason. Heanne has never shown me anything.
              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post

                Given that there is not that much to talk about right now, I am curious who will be Manning's backup. People talked adnauseam about who would be able to back up Tebow if he stayed here as the starter. Now the Broncos have Peyton "freaking" Manning. We all saw how well Manning's backup was able to fill in last year in Indy.

                The whole country (outside of Colorado) still naively believe Peyton is somehow "one hit" away from having his career ended. Though I know better than many what his four operations were actually for, I too am curious how much time, if any, that any of the backups will get with the first stringers. We all saw how ready Chris Simms and Brady Quinn were when the time came.
                This is the first time i can remember that the backup QB has been givin so much attention.We never addressed Kubiak how good he was,but we do it with our backups this season.Elway was fine with his backup,Manning will be fine too.All QBs are just one injury away from ending their season and their careers imo.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  This is the first time i can remember that the backup QB has been givin so much attention.We never addressed Kubiak how good he was,but we do it with our backups this season.Elway was fine with his backup,Manning will be fine too.All QBs are just one injury away from ending their season and their careers imo.
                  Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? Seems like there was a backup controversy here through the first 5 games of the season. (Tebow was once rated as forth on the depth chart.)

                  Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? That was when Indy won the Luck Sweepstakes with Mannings backup!

                  Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? That was when the greatest "backup quarterback" ever (Kubiak) was trying to still get the TEXANS into the playoffs with their forth quarterback.

                  I'll bet the people who were rooting for the CHICAGO BEARS or the MINNESOTA VIKINGS know who their backup quarterback is! BECAUSE THEY BOTH ALMOST KICKED OUR A##ES WITH TEBOW AT THE HELM!

                  Anybody remember who was playing for Matt Cassel's KANSAS CITY CHIEFS when they were trying to ruin the Broncos chances of backing into the playoffs last year?

                  Backup Quarterback is not a problem in a 16 game schedule (with one of the two toughest schedules in the league) - until it suddenly is one!
                  Last edited by kevlar441; 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM.
                  "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                    Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? Seems like there was a backup controversy here through the first 5 games of the season. (Tebow was once rated as forth on the depth chart.)

                    Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? That was when Indy won the Luck Sweepstakes with Mannings backup!

                    Gee ... can you remember all the way back to LAST YEAR? That was when the greatest "backup quarterback" ever (Kubiak) was trying to still get the TEXANS into the playoffs with their forth quarterback.

                    I'll bet the people who were rooting for the CHICAGO BEARS or the MINNESOTA VIKINGS know who their backup quarterback is! BECAUSE THEY BOTH ALMOST KICKED OUR ASSES WITH TEBOW AT THE HELM!

                    Anybody remember who was playing for Matt Cassel's KANSAS CITY CHIEFS when they almost ruined the Broncos backing into the playoffs last year?

                    Not a problem in a 16 game schedule (with one of the two toughest schedules in the league) - until it is one!
                    My point is,everything is looked at as a failure for Denver if Manning gets hurt.Manning is an exceptional player he can't be replaced with any backup.It doesn't matter who we get,they won't replace Manning.

                    BTW nice sarcasm

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                      My point is,everything is looked at as a failure for Denver if Manning gets hurt.Manning is an exceptional player he can't be replaced with any backup.It doesn't matter who we get,they won't replace Manning.

                      BTW nice sarcasm
                      Thank you.

                      It was intended as simple sarcasm. However, I would love to see Adam Weber get another day in the sun. I think he is both smart enough and has the arm to fill in if needed.

                      Imagine how tough it would be to be tossing balls around hoping for your shot with both John Elway and Peyton Manning standing around taking football strategy. It's got to be pretty tough to then find the guts to say; "Hey guys ... when you need me I'm your guy."

                      By the way - I love your posts.
                      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                        Thank you.

                        It was intended as simple sarcasm. However, I would love to see Adam Weber get another day in the sun. I think he is both smart enough and has the arm to fill in if needed.

                        Imagine how tough it would be to be tossing balls around hoping for your shot with both John Elway and Peyton Manning standing around taking football strategy. It's got to be pretty tough to then find the guts to say; "Hey guys ... when you need me I'm your guy."

                        By the way - I love your posts.
                        I would be alright with Webber battling for the starting job once Manning has ridden off into the sun. I think for at least this year Webber will be the backup but it'll be interesting to see what happens next year once Os gets some experience under his belt.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I would be alright with Webber battling for the starting job once Manning has ridden off into the sun. I think for at least this year Webber will be the backup but it'll be interesting to see what happens next year once Os gets some experience under his belt.
                          If Weber is not the backup this season i will cringe.I hope it happens,he will probably outperform Caleb in preseason.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            When will he step up....NEVER. He wont be on an NFL roster this season. It is that simple.

                            If it were up to me I would cut Heanne and make Oz the #3...
                            Lol I think you mean hanie won't be on a roster, I think that the team came in to the offseason knowing weber would be on the team this year and signed hanie as a backup just in case they didn't get osweiller in the draft
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So much Caleb Hanie hate here. I'd be willing to bet the house Hanie will be the backup.
                              Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                                So much Caleb Hanie hate here. I'd be willing to bet the house Hanie will be the backup.
                                Hope you got multiple houses otherwise you are going to be homeless....Hanie sucks and won't be a bronco by seasons start much less the backup.

                                Why would we keep hanie, webber and oswieler? Do you honestly think we'd go into the season with 4 QB's? Webber is the better option than Hanie so Hanie gets cut.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X