When will ADAM WEBER finally step up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    So much Caleb Hanie hate here. I'd be willing to bet the house Hanie will be the backup.
    Yeah I am right there with you. I think the guy sucks but there is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be the #2
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Hope you got multiple houses otherwise you are going to be homeless....Hanie sucks and won't be a bronco by seasons start much less the backup.

Why would we keep hanie, webber and oswieler? Do you honestly think we'd go into the season with 4 QB's? Webber is the better option than Hanie so Hanie gets cut.
      I just think that there is no way in hell that Elway feels comfortable going into the regular season not knowing where PM is health wise, and knowing we are one hit away from have 2 unproven u tested lightly thought of QB's running the team, Heanne at least has a lil game experience
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        I just think that there is no way in hell that Elway feels comfortable going into the regular season not knowing where PM is health wise, and knowing we are one hit away from have 2 unproven u tested lightly thought of QB's running the team, Heanne at least has a lil game experience
        So did Curtis Painter, didn't make hima good backup...Heine sucks unless he vastly out performs webber/oswieler he won't make the team.
        sigpic

Comment

Why would the Broncos choose Hanie over Weber?

Weber is eligible for the practice squad, that's why.

I'd be a little shocked if Osweiler isn't the primary back up.

His draft position alone indicates that he's better than the other two right now, or is at least thought of that way.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

His draft position alone indicates that he's better than the other two right now, or is at least thought of that way.
            It'll be interesting to see if they do make that decision with Weber, if he doesn't beat out Hanie. If he gets significant playing time in the pre-season(and in all likely hood, he will) and plays well, it would be hard from stopping another team claiming him off of our PS or Waiver wire.

If he plays like crap, then sure, cut him. I just have a feeling he'll play better than most people think.
            RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
            :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Ive seen Hanie play and hes someone that I dont want to see take the field. With Weber we dont know what we have but its better than knowing what Hanie has which is nothing. From the minicamp reports Weber seems to have looked better than Hanie.

I just dont think theyre going to risk putting Brock out there when hes not ready. If Manning goes down im willing to bet its Weber that goes in. And if Weber absolutely stinks it up then thats when Brock comes in.

Brock is Elways project. Hes going to sit back for the season as a 3rd QB and maybe not even activated during game days. Like Ryan Mallett for the Patriots.

Comment

I just hope the Broncos find a way to keep Weber around so he can battle it out with Osweiler for that starter spot once Peyton retires. I realize Brock would have the huge uperhand cause he was the hand picked replacement, but I really like Weber.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  Every QB in the league is ONE HIT AWAY if u wanna look at it that way...I'm sick of that being said about Peyton when the fact is he's no more one hit away than any QB but he is tough n didn't miss a SINGLE game due to injury in his long career before last year

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
                    I just hope the Broncos find a way to keep Weber around so he can battle it out with Osweiler for that starter spot once Peyton retires. I realize Brock would have the huge uperhand cause he was the hand picked replacement, but I really like Weber.
                    Well technically Weber WAS picked by Elway... just not drafted. They signed Weber because they think he has the ability to be a long-term backup for the team. Heck they even signed him the team at the end of the season just so he could battle it out in training camp.
                    All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                      Well technically Weber WAS picked by Elway... just not drafted. They signed Weber because they think he has the ability to be a long-term backup for the team. Heck they even signed him the team at the end of the season just so he could battle it out in training camp.
                      An UDFA who gets a future contract after the season isn't much of an endorsement.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        An UDFA who gets a future contract after the season isn't much of an endorsement.
                        I'm not sure how to take that. It seems to me that it's a bigger endorsement than Brady Quinn got. Obviously the FO did it for a reason.
                        "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                          Every QB in the league is ONE HIT AWAY if u wanna look at it that way...I'm sick of that being said about Peyton when the fact is he's no more one hit away than any QB but he is tough n didn't miss a SINGLE game due to injury in his long career before last year
                          he still has a rebuilt neck.... but he is much more likely to be taken out with a blind side hit than he was in 2010. i know you hope that he is 100% but the fact is that we just will not know until he takes that first hit. But either way Heanne sucks and a healthy PM isnt going to help our back up QB situation

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                            I'm not sure how to take that. It seems to me that it's a bigger endorsement than Brady Quinn got. Obviously the FO did it for a reason.
                            Quinn cost money Weber doesn't. Weber is a body in camp who will have to fight to the death for a roster spot. I'd bet on Hanie before I'd bet on Weber. But thats just me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is my case for Adam, first. Then for doing things differently than Indy did, second.

Adam Weber has been on the Bronco’s team (albeit the practice squad) for a year now. He should know the intended system as well or better than any other QB. He was also Eric Decker’s roommate in college at Minnesota.

"While at Minnesota he finished his career ranked third all-time in the Big Ten Conference for passing yards (10,917) and passing attempts (1,594) and fourth all-time with 909 completions. His 72 passing touchdowns rank 10th all-time in the Big Ten. He set a conference record for consecutive starts (50) by a quarterback which tied the all-time league record for all positions."

This guy can obviously throw the ball (at the college level), is durable and should have a tremendous rapport with our #1 receiver.

Now, when it comes to Indy, Peyton Manning chose to have vertebrae in his neck fused to regain arm strength. This was an attempt to extend his career not because of a career threatening neck injury. However, what Indy found out (the hard way) was that the drop off from Peyton to his successor was catastrophic. Was this entirely a function of Peyton simply being that superior or did it also have something to do with lack of foresight in the Indianapolis Front Office and “putting all your eggs in one basket”.

The Broncos enter 2012 faced with 1 of the 2 toughest schedules in the league. Even a few lost downs, in one or two games, may make a huge difference in the outcome of the season. Should Denver do things differently than Indy did, in terms of scheme, prep time and priorities with Denver’s backup QBs?

Comment

Imagine

Here is a followup point I would like to make:

When Elway hired Manning (at 10 mill a year) and then introduces Peyton, he basically said he would like to ensure that Manning (not Elway) goes down as the GOAT. (Greatest Of All Time.) However, as much as I like Manning, my understanding is that Peyton has never shown that sort of mentoring benevolence toward any of his backups in INDY.

Are we getting a "new Manning"? Because if he has adopted that "new attitude" he could benefit this team for many more years than just what is on his current contract (and what he is currently being payed for).

Imagine 8 years down the road - and It is BOTH Elway and Peyton on the sidelines.

That would truly be a Colt growing up to be a Bronco!

(Plus - together they have enough money to buy this team!)
                                Last edited by kevlar441; 07-07-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X