D. Thomas live in Studio on Rome TV show today 6E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D. Thomas live in Studio on Rome TV show today 6E

at 6 eastern, DT will be live on Rome the new CBS sports channel show. It is NOT on ESPN.

Previous interviews of DT have made me cringe, doesn't come across so bright on the interview, realizing that isn't his job. I love honest answers but you wonder how someone wouldn't think just going with vanilla answers is smart.

I will post a recap if anyone misses.

*UPDATE (also on NFL network at 5)
    Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
    Demaryius Thomas will be in @NFLNetwork's studio for Total Access today - 5 p.m. Denver time.
    Last edited by GreasyQtip; 07-10-2012, 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
    at 6 eastern, DT will be live on Rome the new CBS sports channel show. It is NOT on ESPN.

Previous interviews of DT have made me cringe, doesn't come across so bright on the interview, realizing that isn't his job. I love honest answers but you wonder how someone wouldn't think just going with vanilla answers is smart.

I will post a recap if anyone misses.
    *sigh*

Are we again going to judge a person's intelligence based on their public speaking skills?

We've had this discussion before. Demaryius Thomas' lack of public speaking skills does not mean he isn't "so bright"

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

well re read what I wrote then, I said he doesn't come across well in interviews and that isn't his job. You can go have that conversation all you want, I just stated my opinion when I started this post.

There is also a lot to be said about someone's ability to communicate or ability to say I won't do this interview. Everyone is smart or dumb in their own ways, I believe he is interview dumb. Dumb at interviews.

Probably standing from where you are standing he is pretty intelligent, so maybe we are both right.

Comment

Don't those requests for interviews go through the team?

I think it's good he keeps doing interviews... When he breaks out and becomes a big star this year he will be in the media a lot more so this is a good experience for him

Comment

Now this is the right kind of thinking.

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
          Don't those requests for interviews go through the team?

I think it's good he keeps doing interviews... When he breaks out and becomes a big star this year he will be in the media a lot more so this is a good experience for him

Comment

So... just because he isn't good at interviews and gets nervous he's dumb?

Wow... I never knew Terrell Owens was a genius.
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

youll notice it says he comes across as dumb, which is true... noone said he was dumb, and I dont even get the Owens reference. You can be good at football and bad at interviews. You can be good at everything and bad at interviews. Slow down there killer.

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
                youll notice it says he comes across as dumb, which is true... noone said he was dumb, and I dont even get the Owens reference. You can be good at football and bad at interviews. You can be good at everything and bad at interviews. Slow down there killer.
                What he was saying is that TO is good at interviews. So if not being very good at interviewing makes you look dumb. Then being great at them makes you look smart!

Which is probably true.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

The word "dumb" questions a person's intelligence, no matter what context you put it in.

So even if you didn't mean it, you basically said that Demaryius Thomas lacks intelligence based on his poor interviewing skills. That was the only issue I had.

Anyways, I look forward to watching his NFLN interview

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                    So... just because he isn't good at interviews and gets nervous he's dumb?

Wow... I never knew Terrell Owens was a genius.
                    Terrell Owens is bad at interviewing, and he is dumb. So he's probably a bad example to use here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                      Terrell Owens is bad at interviewing, and he is dumb. So he's probably a bad example to use here.
                      What I mean was that he isn't exactly camera shy...

DT is shy when talking to certain people while TO (and most prima-donna WRs) talk all the time...

Okay... Ochocinco... there a better example.

Happy?
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/252682_10150947929682514_475456160_n.jpg

Rome just posted a facebook pic of DT being Prepared for the show

Comment

What is CBS Sports?

Oh ok I found it on my box. weird.
                          sigpic

Comment

Handled like a boss. You can tell he was being cautious with his words.

But he cleared up that whole route running business lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Recap... bad/poor grammar, sorry

About the play last year. Was there something you saw that lead you to know.

We ran that formation 23 times and we came out at the end of the game and every time we bring a receiver in motion they bring the back side down, at half time we said if the safety comes up I know we got a big play.

That stiff arm
                              I got one of the best stiff arms in the game, I didn’t know there would be that much power behind it but I did.

Do people look at you different?
                              People look at me more, people recognize me more, it is all different

Manning?
                              When I first heard I didn’t think it mattered because we had Tim good season and we could have a good year, but when it was 2 teams I got very excited

Do you have higher expectations?
                              Well I was nervous, I want to do everything right, I called him sir at first, he laughed, he told me I am the biggest WR he ever had

Is he demanding?
                              Yeah he gets on me little, when players mess up you don’t wanna be that guy, but hes on you cause he wants the best for you

You don’t want to let him down?
                              Not at all

I never played against him before, but he looked good to me, his balls come out at the perfect time

Normal offense a relief?
                              I like it is a change of pace, its fast, we don’t have to go back to the huddle as much, I don’t know but I think

Routes
                              I ran all the routes before but it was different cause different type of QB, I had go routes, hitch come backs, now I got totally different, I mean I ran them before but now I run them way more

So are you suoperbowl team?
                              I really hope so, mumble, rome steps in your picking your words carefully, laughs

3 injuries in 2 years.
                              This is my first offseason healthy Im praying ill be healthy and I think ill have a big year with my first OTA and minicamp

I must say personally, DT looked much more polished in the interview than I have seen him before, he definitely took his time and stopped to answer some questions but a few more and he will be even more comfortable. He didn't know what to say about the superbowl Q and he tried to back out after saying no huddle offense, he was like well I don't know about that. haha not that it matters but I thought it was cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X