Demaryius Thomas on Tebow: 'I wish he would have stayed'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas on Tebow: 'I wish he would have stayed'

I never understood why Tebow couldn't have been a backup. Even non Broncos fans I know thought this move was stupid. Tebow could have thrived under Manning....instead we pick up caleb hanie and another project QB

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...-/Default.aspx

Tebow is more of a project than the Weber, Hanie and Osweiler combined.

By trading Tebow we got a good center and decent OLB in the draft and saved a bunch of money. Most Broncos fans are just fine with that and having Manning as our QB. Most of our offense didn't want to be part of a run-option either, especially the receivers and o-line.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
      I never understood why Tebow couldn't have been a backup. Even non Broncos fans I know thought this move was stupid. Tebow could have thrived under Manning....instead we pick up caleb hanie and another project QB

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...-/Default.aspx
      You don't keep the incumbent quarterback when he is replaced. Could Tebow have stayed? Not with the circus/cult that surrounded him. He is a unique "talent". I wish him the best.
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Yes I wish Tebow was still on the Broncos too, but under the circumstances there was no way we could have kept him.

Comment

Elway wanted Tebow gone either way. What better way to keep the fans happy & silent by getting one of the GOATS?

Comment

.......Why dont people understand this.....smdh......

If the Tebow fans werent so crazy about him and not make a riot when hes not on the field we probably wouldve kept him. But you guys know that cant happen. Manning is trying to win a championship and he cant do it with all the Tebowites chanting his name.

Comment

Tebow wouldn't fit in the Manning-type of system. It invovles advanced defense reading and accurate throws.

Tebow's more of a scrambler who can make good throws, but doesn't do it enough. But the dude can't make good reads, I will admit. His football IQ for a QB is TERRIBLE.

For a QB to fit in this scheme, we need a pocket-passing, accurate QB that can make good reads. Osweiler and Hanie are more like that and a better fit for the scheme.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

and come on..of course DT would say that.....you know how awkward ESPYS wouldve been

Comment

His fans is the lamest excuse.

Nobody would be screaming for Tebow to start with PM here. Absolutely NOBODY.

Our team got worse with this move. Caleb Hanie/Osweiler aren't as good as backups.

Comment

Tebow was traded for his own benefit and to help his career. If he stayed here, he probably would have never played.

By being traded to the Jets he has a legit chance to play and maybe become the starter.

Elway is a player's GM and doesn't get in the way of players trying to improve their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      Tebow was traded for his own benefit and to help his career. If he stayed here, he probably would have never played.

By being traded to the Jets he has a legit chance to play and maybe become the starter.

Elway is a player's GM and doesn't get in the way of players trying to improve their careers.
                      Im not so sure. Depends on how long PM can play. If its 4-5 years I'd say that's fair, but if it's anywhere from 2-3 I still wish we had Tim to learn and be a capable backup.

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco
                        "
                        Why dont people understand this.....smdh......

If the Tebow fans werent so crazy about him and not make a riot when hes not on the field we probably wouldve kept him. But you guys know that cant happen. Manning is trying to win a championship and he cant do it with all the Tebowites chanting his name. "

The reason people don't understand that, is because it simply isn't true.

Fans DO NOT run NFL teams.

Dan Reeves wouldn't have changed his team based on fan reaction, Nor would Mike Shannahan, nor John Fox, and certainly John Elway of all people know better. If fans had any control over the Broncos, John would never have lasted long enough to be as great as he was.

My last time trying to make this point. John Elway wants a pocket passer for his team, plain and simple. He has no personal vendettas against Tebow, he isn't swayed by fans being jerks on twitter at him, he is a big strong smart man, who has a great vision of what he wants for the Broncos.

Tebow simply didn't fit in here with Elways Vision.

All of this overdramatization of the facts is due to ESPN and all of the talking heads wanting to get a piece of the Tebow pie by stirring up as much positive and negative energy around him.

Stop believing the hype and look at what the actual people involved have said. Elway would like for his daughter to marry Tebow, Tebow loved being here and wishes everyone the best. Forget what ESPN and TMZ and PFT and all the other P.T. Barnums of the world have to say.

Let it go at that and lets move on to the Peyton era.
                        Completely agree, would read again, 10/10.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                          .......Why dont people understand this.....smdh......

If the Tebow fans werent so crazy about him and not make a riot when hes not on the field we probably wouldve kept him. But you guys know that cant happen. Manning is trying to win a championship and he cant do it with all the Tebowites chanting his name.

The reason people don't understand that, is because it simply isn't true.

Fans DO NOT run NFL teams.

Dan Reeves wouldn't have changed his team based on fan reaction, Nor would Mike Shannahan, nor John Fox, and certainly John Elway of all people know better. If fans had any control over the Broncos, John would never have lasted long enough to be as great as he was.

My last time trying to make this point. John Elway wants a pocket passer for his team, plain and simple. He has no personal vendettas against Tebow, he isn't swayed by fans being jerks on twitter at him, he is a big strong smart man, who has a great vision of what he wants for the Broncos.

Tebow simply didn't fit in here with Elways Vision.

All of this overdramatization of the facts is due to ESPN and all of the talking heads wanting to get a piece of the Tebow pie by stirring up as much positive and negative energy around him.

Stop believing the hype and look at what the actual people involved have said. Elway would like for his daughter to marry Tebow, Tebow loved being here and wishes everyone the best. Forget what ESPN and TMZ and PFT and all the other P.T. Barnums of the world have to say.

Let it go at that and lets move on to the Peyton era.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                            Im not so sure. Depends on how long PM can play. If its 4-5 years I'd say that's fair, but if it's anywhere from 2-3 I still wish we had Tim to learn and be a capable backup.
                            Tebow's contract is up after next season. If we wasn't playing here for 2 years, chances are he'd be gone any way. Considering Manning never missed plays, until last year, the odds aren't good of Tebow getting on the field for two seasons.

Even you say 2-3 years...It's best for Tebow to have a chance to play in the next couple of years. It is to Tebow's benefit he was traded, not the Broncos. You're confusing this issue.

Elway also let Tebow chose between the only teams making offers, showing he was trying to do the best for Tebow.

I wish Tebow was here too. His weaknesses are exactly what Payton could teach him. However, what you and I want aren't what Tebow likely wants.
                            Last edited by lvbronx; 07-11-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Who is Tebow?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X